Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

years ago I enjoyed drifting off to dreamland watching Johnny Carson, once in a while he'd do a skit featuring Carnac the magnificent, who would predict all sorts of fantastical revelations, none of which had a basis built on facts though, funny how reading comments here concerning our QB wakes up old memory's of comedic relief forgotten for decades :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gutey needs to give 12 a deadline and tell him hes welcome back after that deadline, but his contract will have to fit in with the deals already worked out. We have a team to build.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Mar 2022 08:19
If we talk about Aaron's health by itself, I see no reason to think that he couldn't be very healthy (for a virtual 40 year old, that is) for a couple of years anyhow. And if Brady could keep his arm health and survive as a pure pocket passer until mid-40s, why couldn't Aaron?

We used to say that there was NO WAY that a guy past 35 could win MVP once, let alone two consecutive years. But Aaron did it.

There's as much positive about his health as their might be negative.
yeah im not worried at all about his ability to toss the rock for years to come. Like Brady, he does alot of his work presnap. Guys whose brains are just as much of an asset as arm strength can last awhile
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Mar 2022 08:33
Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Mar 2022 08:19
If we talk about Aaron's health by itself, I see no reason to think that he couldn't be very healthy (for a virtual 40 year old, that is) for a couple of years anyhow. And if Brady could keep his arm health and survive as a pure pocket passer until mid-40s, why couldn't Aaron?

We used to say that there was NO WAY that a guy past 35 could win MVP once, let alone two consecutive years. But Aaron did it.

There's as much positive about his health as their might be negative.
yeah im not worried at all about his ability to toss the rock for years to come. Like Brady, he does alot of his work presnap. Guys whose brains are just as much of an asset as arm strength can last awhile
Manning was good/strong enough after neck fusion surgery to win a SB (with a great defense).

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 Mar 2022 09:35
Manning was good/strong enough after neck fusion surgery to win a SB (with a great defense).
Counterpoint:

Manning was good/strong enough after neck fusion surgery that there was a legitimate QB controversy to start Brock Osweiler over Manning on that SB Team as the season sent along.

Read More. Post Less.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

dsr wrote:
03 Mar 2022 06:47
Foosball wrote:
01 Mar 2022 23:29
Quiz Question

Who said “It’s better to get rid of a player a year early than a year too late”???
They really ought to have said "it is better to get rid of a player at the right time, rather than too early or too late". No GM is going to work on the principle that this plater is still useful and will make a big contribution this year, so we'll get shut in case he isn't good enough the year after.

The problem with getting rid of a player too early is that it might be 5 years too early. If you get rid of him too late, it's only 1 year.
It was Bill Walsh
Love is the answer…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
03 Mar 2022 09:50
wallyuwl wrote:
03 Mar 2022 09:35
Counterpoint:

Manning was good/strong enough after neck fusion surgery that there was a legitimate QB controversy to start Brock Osweiler over Manning on that SB Team as the season sent along.
Yeah I think it's a valid question. Who was the worst QB to win a SB between Trent Dilfer and the 2000 Ravens, Brad Johnson and the 2002 Bucs, or Peyton Manning and the 2015 Broncos.

Nick Foles is clearly above this group in my mind.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Foosball wrote:
03 Mar 2022 10:17
dsr wrote:
Foosball wrote:
Quiz Question

Who said “It’s better to get rid of a player a year early than a year too late”???
They really ought to have said "it is better to get rid of a player at the right time, rather than too early or too late". No GM is going to work on the principle that this plater is still useful and will make a big contribution this year, so we'll get shut in case he isn't good enough the year after.

The problem with getting rid of a player too early is that it might be 5 years too early. If you get rid of him too late, it's only 1 year.
It was Bill Walsh
[/quote/]

Good recall :aok:

I remember others saying it over the years to, so I goggled it, seems he wasn't the first one to say it though, Branch Ricky did it at least a decade prior, heres a bunch of other Ricky slogans.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/quotes/quobr.shtml

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

dsr wrote:
Foosball wrote:
Quiz Question

Jimmy Graham wasn't got rid of too early ........... or was he gotten rid of too late? So confusing ....... Hey, at least he was gotten rid of.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Foosball wrote:
03 Mar 2022 10:17
dsr wrote:
Foosball wrote:
Quiz Question

It was Bill Walsh
Same for coaches ........... Bill Walsh would know.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
03 Mar 2022 21:49
dsr wrote:
Foosball wrote:
Quiz Question

Jimmy Graham wasn't got rid of too early ........... or was he gotten rid of too late? So confusing ....... Hey, at least he was gotten rid of.
Jimmy Graham should never have been gotten at all. I think I agreed with that at time, but I don't remember.
RIP JustJeff

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
03 Mar 2022 21:49
dsr wrote:
Foosball wrote:
Quiz Question

j

Ask the Bears
Love is the answer…

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NFLN talking about AR right now during combine. "Sources" say he is "torn."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wallyuwl wrote:
04 Mar 2022 20:04
Torn about what? I'm not torn. I want AR back.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 Mar 2022 21:30
wallyuwl wrote:
About where he wants to play 2022. Didn't say what the difficulties were (money, control, personality differences, etc).

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
04 Mar 2022 22:22
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
About where he wants to play 2022. Didn't say what the difficulties were (money, control, personality differences, etc).
I think at this point it is who surrounds him. Rodgers potentially wants a certain support group or friends. He knows that is now lacking in Green Bay. But I think he also truly loves the Packers and people in the organization, fans, and his legacy.

Denver or Green Bay are 2 very different situations. I can imagine it is a tough decision to make on where to finish out your career. But I think it has boiled down to a quality of life issue and comfort level. Then to a lesser extent, the football and money stuff.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
05 Mar 2022 07:13
wallyuwl wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

I think at this point it is who surrounds him. Rodgers potentially wants a certain support group or friends. He knows that is now lacking in Green Bay. But I think he also truly loves the Packers and people in the organization, fans, and his legacy.

Denver or Green Bay are 2 very different situations. I can imagine it is a tough decision to make on where to finish out your career. But I think it has boiled down to a quality of life issue and comfort level. Then to a lesser extent, the football and money stuff.
I agree, he doesn't want to hang around if he doesn't think the FO is all in about keeping our best players together so we have a realistic chance to compete for the SB, and that probably includes Adams, I f he feels confident Guty is on board to do this then I'd think he'd love to play out his last years as a Packer, but I think he realizes that may be a impossible task.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

One thing for sure ......... if Aaron Rodgers joins another team there is no way his new football card will ever be worth more than #5's 1967 Saints card. And Paul Hornung's jersey number 5 isn't retired yet. Same can be said for Jimmy Taylor's 1968 Saints card. And Jimmy Taylor's jersey number 31 isn't retired yet. These 1960s cards are absolutely classic gems :thwap:

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 05 Mar 2022 08:40, edited 4 times in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
05 Mar 2022 08:02
paco wrote:
05 Mar 2022 07:13
wallyuwl wrote:

I agree, he doesn't want to hang around if he doesn't think the FO is all in about keeping our best players together so we have a realistic chance to compete for the SB, and that probably includes Adams, I f he feels confident Guty is on board to do this then I'd think he'd love to play out his last years as a Packer, but I think he realizes that may be a impossible task.
So you don't agree. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

This just doesn't look right (Brett's 2008 Topps Finest card). Never did......and never will.

Imagine AR's card(s) if he leaves Titletown to join another team. Won't look right either.

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 05 Mar 2022 08:47, edited 2 times in total.