Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

if Rodgers is intentionally delaying his decision after he already knows what he wants to do, just so he can help his buddy not get tagged...I would trade him just for that.

Rodgers has the org in a choke hold. multiple first rounders are available for the aging QB who has you hostage, have a little spine.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 09:44
if Rodgers is intentionally delaying his decision after he already knows what he wants to do, just so he can help his buddy not get tagged...I would trade him just for that.

Rodgers has the org in a choke hold. multiple first rounders are available for the aging QB who has you hostage, have a little spine.
Great post. Don't hold ur breath on the spine thing though. This situation is getting embarassing.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 08:49
I will say we have no answer today as expected.

I can't envision a scenario where not tagging Davante is the right thing to do. So just tag him.

If Rodgers plays here, extend Davante and play cap gymnastics and lets run it back a few more years.

If we trade Rodgers, I'll wanna cut some vet contracts anyways, try to extend Davante or trade him for another 1 and 4.

If Rodgers retires, I'll wanna cut some vet contracts anyways, try to extend Davante or trade him for another 1 and 4.

Don't think the Davante things matters much on Aaron personally, already rumored like December we'd tag him if no contract. Packers notoriously wait till the 11th hour to do everything.

So yeah, my guess is no Aaron decision either way today.
if we tag Adams we'll need to find 21 mi. by march 16 to pay for it, how many players would we have to extend or cut to do that? only to try and peddle that contract to a team that would also give up a 1st round pick plus to get him, in a year loaded with receiver draft talent, who would do that? also Adams will want more then 21 mil. per from his new team, if I'am a GM I wouldn't do it, thats worse then paying and keeping Rodgers

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:00
Drj820 wrote:

Great post. Don't hold ur breath on the spine thing though. This situation is getting embarassing.
i got push back for it but i believe it more than ever now. The FO is scared of life without Rodgers. They are scared that without him they wont be able to build a winning team and they will be in the unemployment line in 3 years. On the other hand, they know if Rodgers comes back they can stamp their ticket to a home divisional round playoff matchup no matter who they have to cut to keep him.

I say take the draft haul and move on at this point. Have a little confidence in Lacoach.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:04
Realist wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:00
Drj820 wrote:

i got push back for it but i believe it more than ever now. The FO is scared of life without Rodgers. They are scared that without him they wont be able to build a winning team and they will be in the unemployment line in 3 years. On the other hand, they know if Rodgers comes back they can stamp their ticket to a home divisional round playoff matchup no matter who they have to cut to keep him.

I say take the draft haul and move on at this point. Have a little confidence in Lacoach.
you got push back because it's not practical, Rodgers even with some talent depletion still offers us the best chance to win a SB in the next 3 years, minus Rodgers and that becomes significantly harder, thats the reality here, you just refuse to accept it, the grass is always greener, but it's just as hard to mow :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:02
BF004 wrote:

I can't envision a scenario where not tagging Davante is the right thing to do. So just tag him.

If Rodgers plays here, extend Davante and play cap gymnastics and lets run it back a few more years.

If we trade Rodgers, I'll wanna cut some vet contracts anyways, try to extend Davante or trade him for another 1 and 4.

If Rodgers retires, I'll wanna cut some vet contracts anyways, try to extend Davante or trade him for another 1 and 4.

Don't think the Davante things matters much on Aaron personally, already rumored like December we'd tag him if no contract. Packers notoriously wait till the 11th hour to do everything.

if we tag Adams we'll need to find 21 mi. by march 16 to pay for it, how many players would we have to extend or cut to do that? only to try and peddle that contract to a team that would also give up a 1st round pick plus to get him, in a year loaded with receiver draft talent, who would do that? also Adams will want more then 21 mil. per from his new team, if I'am a GM I wouldn't do it, thats worse then paying and keeping Rodgers
Well it’s only 18.4 million, helps to have correct information. But yeah everything in my post is what stands. With Rodgers back, get Davante extended before league new year, ya just do it. Without Rodgers, make a honest to god real solid effort to do it. If not, LIS, I’m okay cutting a few contract to get our cap right and get some picks.

And yes someone will trade for Davante, a fair amount too. Diggs was just traded for a 1 and two 4’s in a loaded draft year. Davante is better but older, but I would think something in that ball park.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let’s run this &%$@ back!!

Be excited to see contract deets

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

200 mil supposedly. :lol: :shock:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:idn:

RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

If this all ends well, hopefully with a Lombardi, then major kudos to Guty for fixing the relationship. If we do win a Championship, this could end up being the biggest moment of his legacy.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

HOW do you make a “cap friendly deal” when you are paying a guy $50M/year?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:19
Yoop wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:02
BF004 wrote:

Well it’s only 18.4 million, helps to have correct information. But yeah everything in my post is what stands. With Rodgers back, get Davante extended before league new year, ya just do it. Without Rodgers, make a honest to god real solid effort to do it. If not, LIS, I’m okay cutting a few contract to get our cap right and get some picks.

And yes someone will trade for Davante, a fair amount too. Diggs was just traded for a 1 and two 4’s in a loaded draft year. Davante is better but older, but I would think something in that ball park.
it's 20.15 mil. maybe you should get your facts straight

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/0 ... -on-wr-dav

why bring Adams back if we lose Rodgers? this is a loaded WR class time to use some high picks on receivers

so many here wanted to dump Adams in 2015, I defended him, now I want to let him go and people want to keep him, for 20 plus mil at that, I doubt I'll ever understand some of you guys.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:38
We need to see the full details. McAfee is saying that number reported is not accurate. Huge deals are never fully cap friendly. Might be friendly now, but will hurt later. We'll see.

Love for #9, who says no?
RIP JustJeff

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I got my will. :munch: :beer2: 4 years is perfect because by then he will retire as a Packer. And we will have 4 more shots for a SB. It also means Love sucks. ;)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:39
Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:38
We need to see the full details. McAfee is saying that number reported is not accurate. Huge deals are never fully cap friendly. Might be friendly now, but will hurt later. We'll see.

Love for #9, who says no?
no one would ever give us slot #9 for Jorden Love, no way :lol:

Long as we have Aaron Rodgers anything is possible :lol:

geesus, 200 mil, 153 guaranteed, never in my wildest dreams did I expect this, till I see some sort of confirmation .........

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:48
geesus, 200 mil, 153 guaranteed, never in my wildest dreams did I expect this, till I see some sort of confirmation .........

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Oh.

“Sources”

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :thwap:
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:51
Yoop wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:48
can we trust either source to be accurate? we will here something from the Packers no matter what at some point today.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:55
we will here something from the Packers no matter what at some point today.
Not if there is not anything official to share.

Read More. Post Less.