Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I go to make lunch and the Seahawks steal our draft picks!
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Damn,

AFC West pretty jacked.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Shelby Harris is one of the players.

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Was kind of thinking Denver might be a possible trade candidate for Jordan Love.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 13:11
Was kind of thinking Denver might be a possible trade candidate for Jordan Love.
Now maybe Seattle. Or Indy. Or Carolina. Or Pittsburgh. There will be suitors.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
Hackett doesnt want that guy
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 13:25
BF004 wrote:
I think A) not coincidence this trade came out hours after Aaron agreed to stay in GB. B) a little troubling there was never a whisper Denver had any interest at all in Love.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 13:56
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
I think A) not coincidence this trade came out hours after Aaron agreed to stay in GB. B) a little troubling there was never a whisper Denver had any interest at all in Love.
why would we trade Love? we need a backup QB, and Love knows the play book, and hopefully after this last off season and some more PS games he's more ready to play and GM's around the league are paying attention, then he will be worth what we paid or a little more and Benkert is more ready to back Rodgers up, I don't get the rush to trade Love, specially since his only exposure didn't work out very well.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Mar 2022 14:17
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

why would we trade Love? we need a backup QB, and Love knows the play book, and hopefully after this last off season and some more PS games he's more ready to play and GM's around the league are paying attention, then he will be worth what we paid or a little more and Benkert is more ready to back Rodgers up, I don't get the rush to trade Love, specially since his only exposure didn't work out very well.
Oh I am in no hurry to trade him. It makes no sense to trade him just to trade, would probably take a 1st round + to trade. Wouldn't make sense for us otherwise.

But the Broncos just gave two 1sts (pick 9 this year) and two 2nd's (really good 2nd rounder) and a couple decent players for Russell Wilson. Just think if Hackett thought highly of Love, you might see some rumors of then Broncos offering a 1st and a 3rd or something.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Because it's a crap QB class, there are a lot of teams in need of a QB, so even if Love's auditions in 2021 didn't go great, this still may be the best time to get a high pick for him. It's unlikely Love will get a lot of 2022 snaps with us to prove himself. Love is still cheap, and if a team trades for him now, they get a year to evaluate him on the cheap before deciding on 5th year option or extension.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

salmar80 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 14:25
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Because it's a crap QB class, there are a lot of teams in need of a QB, so even if Love's auditions in 2021 didn't go great, this still may be the best time to get a high pick for him. It's unlikely Love will get a lot of 2022 snaps with us to prove himself. Love is still cheap, and if a team trades for him now, they get a year to evaluate him on the cheap before deciding on 5th year option or extension.
Is there something I am missing about Love? Why would a team offer anything more then a very late round flier pick on him? Does he look awesome in practice?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Chiefs only putting transition tag on Orlando Brown.

Always risky, wonder if that might get any play, particularly AFC West teams with some money.

I think the Packers may have been the last team to offer a contract to a transition tagged player, 4 years 64 million for Kyle Fuller with the Bears.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If the packers really just offered a 39 year old QB 150m + guaranteed, I’m sure the league read into very quickly about what that means the packers think of Love. No surprise Hackett had no interest.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Realist wrote:
08 Mar 2022 14:33
salmar80 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Is there something I am missing about Love? Why would a team offer anything more then a very late round flier pick on him? Does he look awesome in practice?
Any team trading for Love won't be doing it based on what Love has done in games so far, but as a projection of his future in their system.

I frankly don't know what teams think of Love, or how his development trajectory is going in the classroom and at practice. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no interest in him. I wouldn't be surprised to get a 1st rounder for him.

Remember, Favre had been god-awful in everything he'd done when we gave up a 1st rounder for him. Only takes one team that thinks "hell, all these rookie QBs are crap. That Love kid has an arm and is at least house-trained by GB. I'll rather spend my flier pick on him".

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
08 Mar 2022 13:14
I think it's super ironic and funny, that after ALL the AR drama, it's the Seahawks and their much-adored GM John Schneider who end up losing their one-ring franchise QB to strife... (Remember when Schneider was the ONLY choice for TT's successor?)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Realist wrote:
08 Mar 2022 14:33
salmar80 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I don't get why this is always so hard for people to grasp. What you (31 separate NFL GM's, not just random internet guy) is willing to offer for Love is its own thing. We have our opinions, but that hat is its very own discussion.

The discussion here was if the Packers would be willing to trade their 1st round QB with two years of really cheap control and even a 3rd year of cheap control who knows the playbook well, what might that be. He has very different value to us.

If those two bubbles ever overlap, a trade should probably happen. But it is very unlikely, why most people don't get traded, and takes the right fit. There may have been a possibility with Hackett in Denver given his knowledge of Love.

But we should be smart enough as a group to be able to say what the Packers would ask for if someone calls (a lot) without every single time coming in and saying 'no way we get that' or 'he is only worth a late round pick, take the rose colored glasses off' etc. etc.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Holy &%$@, didn't realize Noah Fant was in that deal till just now.

F me, that is a damn nice haul.

Kind of surprised Pete Carroll was okay with this trade, isn't he the oldest or 2nd oldest coach in the league right now? Think he would have gutted it out with Wilson another year or two, or just agree to walk away in January if he knew this was a very possible outcome.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

:rotf: