Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Everyone thinking that he is coming back benefits the Packers and benefits Aaron Rodgers. Nothing to see here.

Read More. Post Less.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

If I had a gun to my head I‘d say Rodgers wants out because

-he grows more and more of a diva/celebrity and you can see him enjoying all the public attention and a trade would give him the hype he likes, he‘d make the headlines,
-marriages can become boring, I feel #12 just does not look happy to be a Packer, when was the last time he praised us fans?, he looks still fully engaged but in a business-as-usual way,
-last summer’s offseason theatre, stuff like that often has deeper reason that cannot be fixed, but only covered,
-he might ask himself if he can still do in GB what he couldn’t do there the last two years,
-Hackett & Denver are just too good of a coincidence to not draw a conclusion,
-never got the impression that he sees his legacy of being loyal to a team lifelong,
-the examples of „cheap SBs thru traveling around“ pile up (Brady, Stafford) and will be noticed by Aaron too,
-the leak of the offer for him looks like a PR game -> both parties know it is over.

I maintain my position that I would only welcome #12 back if he cuts it ~50% - yes - ~50%, and stays at least 4 more years. Take it or Love it. I do not want us to mortgage our future. If we would have hold Favre too long for too much money we would never had 2010 - no way #4 would have gotten us to the promised land.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

German_Panzer wrote:
17 Feb 2022 12:24
If I had a gun to my head I‘d say Rodgers wants out because

-he grows more and more of a diva/celebrity and you can see him enjoying all the public attention and a trade would give him the hype he likes, he‘d make the headlines,
-marriages can become boring, I feel #12 just does not look happy to be a Packer, when was the last time he praised us fans?, he looks still fully engaged but in a business-as-usual way,
-last summer’s offseason theatre, stuff like that often has deeper reason that cannot be fixed, but only covered,
-he might ask himself if he can still do in GB what he couldn’t do there the last two years,
-Hackett & Denver are just too good of a coincidence to not draw a conclusion,
-never got the impression that he sees his legacy of being loyal to a team lifelong,
-the examples of „cheap SBs thru traveling around“ pile up (Brady, Stafford) and will be noticed by Aaron too,
-the leak of the offer for him looks like a PR game -> both parties know it is over.

I maintain my position that I would only welcome #12 back if he cuts it ~50% - yes - ~50%, and stays at least 4 more years. Take it or Love it. I do not want us to mortgage our future. If we would have hold Favre too long for too much money we would never had 2010 - no way #4 would have gotten us to the promised land.
Good points, but I am definitely interested in seeing what post Shailene Rodgers looks like. He might be vaccinated and saying "F it, I'd prefer to be woke" now.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I suspect he got Ivermectin on the new silk sheets she bought. Women hate that.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
17 Feb 2022 18:32
Ivermectin pills are really small it wouldn'tmake a mess at all. Not like fish oil or glucosamine.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

German_Panzer wrote:

-marriages can become boring, I feel #12 just does not look happy to be a Packer, when was the last time he praised us fans?,
Maybe more recently on McAfee or another interview, but for sure Dec 25, 2021 (less than 2 months ago).

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/1987347523817

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

wallyuwl wrote:
17 Feb 2022 20:32
German_Panzer wrote:

-marriages can become boring, I feel #12 just does not look happy to be a Packer, when was the last time he praised us fans?,
Maybe more recently on McAfee or another interview, but for sure Dec 25, 2021 (less than 2 months ago).

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/1987347523817
I've seen Rodgers praise PackerNation twice on occasions outside of McAfee. That's just in the past week and a half.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Maybe he just "woke" up and realized that he was brainwashed by her. :lol:

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Just thinking out loud;

Where would Rodgers feel the most pressure to win a SB?

In Green Bay, I think that was last year. Most fans and writers were thinking this is it (the last dance).

If Rodgers returns to the Packers in 2022, I think most fans and writers believe he gives the team a chance but it’s not really expected to happen again. We’ve seen the reruns already.

In Denver (or elsewhere), there will be much more pressure on Rodgers to win the Super Bowl. With pressure comes more criticism and publicity for every mistake or perceived error. If Rodgers falters it could get ugly.

However, if Rodgers decides to ride it out with the Packers, the fans will be appreciative of what he brought to the team. He is on a pedestal. In Green Bay he is a big fish in a small pond.

Aaron Rodgers (and his legacy) might want to keep it that way.
Love is the answer…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Foosball wrote:
19 Feb 2022 13:50
Just thinking out loud;

Where would Rodgers feel the most pressure to win a SB?

In Green Bay, I think that was last year. Most fans and writers were thinking this is it (the last dance).

If Rodgers returns to the Packers in 2022, I think most fans and writers believe he gives the team a chance but it’s not really expected to happen again. We’ve seen the reruns already.

In Denver (or elsewhere), there will be much more pressure on Rodgers to win the Super Bowl. With pressure comes more criticism and publicity for every mistake or perceived error. If Rodgers falters it could get ugly.

However, if Rodgers decides to ride it out with the Packers, the fans will be appreciative of what he brought to the team. He is on a pedestal. In Green Bay he is a big fish in a small pond.

Aaron Rodgers (and his legacy) might want to keep it that way.
Yeah I agree. If I were him I think GB would make the most sense from a "fun" standpoint.

But as a fan, if he rings the Packers for a lot of money, I will no longer be appreciative.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Only bringing this back to say I was wrong. I was very sure Rodgers was a goner. This obviously waned in the last several weeks. But I'm man enough to admit it.

Glad he's back. Lets go win some of these! :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

4 years

$200,000,000.00

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at all. I love Aaron still being a Packer. I just want him to win in January!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
08 Mar 2022 10:35
Only bringing this back to say I was wrong. I was very sure Rodgers was a goner. This obviously waned in the last several weeks. But I'm man enough to admit it.

Glad he's back. Lets go win some of these! :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
I wonder if his hesitation was because he considered retirement!?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Soooo... After over 200 hundred pages and over 4000 posts...

AR didn't get out. :shock:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I would've been excited had we traded him for a monster haul, but I'm as excited to see whether AR, LaFleur and Gutey will find a way to push us over the hump and onto the Championship level.

Let's go! Go Pack Go!!!

:lombardi:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
16 Feb 2022 22:01
Random reminder that Rodgers is gone. It doesn't matter what our team or any other looks like last season or today.

Just remember that Paco told you, and has been telling you all season.
:think: :dunno: :argue: ;) :beer:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Mar 2022 19:26
paco wrote:
Random reminder that Rodgers is gone. It doesn't matter what our team or any other looks like last season or today.

I admitted I was wrong. You don't have to rub it in.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
08 Mar 2022 19:28
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
paco wrote:

It's OK Paco. I'm wrong all the time. For awhile there I was in your camp wanting AR to get out of town.......but then for some reason I made a turnaround a week or 2 after the playoff loss to the Niners. I still want everyone from the coaching staff on up to Mark Murphy to take some heat for all the drama as well, but that doesn't seem to be happening. LaCoach hasn't got the job done in the playoffs yet. The Love pick was obviously non-brilliant. Let's see how the defense shapes up ......... lets see how the Special Teams shapes up. Let's see if Rodgers' on field play decisions improve .......... 8-)

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pugger wrote:
08 Mar 2022 11:22
I wonder if his hesitation was because he considered retirement!?
According to McAfee his source...(s) said retirement was strongly considered.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

wallyuwl wrote:
17 Feb 2022 20:21
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Ivermectin pills are really small it wouldn'tmake a mess at all. Not like fish oil or glucosamine.
They’re also ineffective.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Mar 2022 21:18
paco wrote:
08 Mar 2022 19:28
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

It's OK Paco. I'm wrong all the time. For awhile there I was in your camp wanting AR to get out of town.......but then for some reason I made a turnaround a week or 2 after the playoff loss to the Niners. I still want everyone from the coaching staff on up to Mark Murphy to take some heat for all the drama as well, but that doesn't seem to be happening. LaCoach hasn't got the job done in the playoffs yet. The Love pick was obviously non-brilliant. Let's see how the defense shapes up ......... lets see how the Special Teams shapes up. Let's see if Rodgers' on field play decisions improve .......... 8-)
I believe a lot of the drama around AR this year (and probably last) was perpetuated by the media looking for ratings and clicks. Any hint on what folks in his inner circle suspected became front page news on ESPN and ProfootballTalk while Rodgers didn't say a word publicly.