Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
08 Mar 2022 13:43
Aaron on bended knee telling everyone ( mostly I think to get Shailene back) that he has turned over a new leaf, no more lies and deceit, or forked tongue half truths, sooooo maybe he will take a few bucks less in order to keep some players around, but I'll believe it when the ink is dry on the contract and Rasul Douglas is still a Packer.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

BF004 wrote:
08 Mar 2022 13:10
Madcity_matt wrote:
08 Mar 2022 12:56
Foosball wrote:
08 Mar 2022 12:43
As far as I’m concerned the front office has mortgaged the future of the Packers Organization for the next 5 years.

If they don’t win a SB in the next 3 years, Gutey should be fired.
Even if it is the $50 mil a year, 2 years from now it won't even be in the top 5 for QBs as the cap spikes.
Just let the guy think the GM who is 40-9 the last 3 years with 3 division titles who didn't trade the reigning MVP should be fired if we don't win a Super Bowl in 2 years.

If Gute keeps drafting like he has, we will be perpetually competitive.
Yes, because the team will be in cap hell and the cupboards will be bare.
Love is the answer…

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Most team friendly deal in league history imminent? A guy can dream, can't he? Can't he??

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Fantastic news.

I can put up with the Rodgers haters for as long as need be to keep him on the team.

We should probably look to trade Love given it seems to be a weak draft class.

WR has to be our first round this year.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Mar 2022 14:20
go pak go wrote:
05 Mar 2022 11:16
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Mar 2022 08:46
This just doesn't look right (Brett's 2008 Topps Finest card). Never did......and never will.

Imagine AR's card(s) if he leaves Titletown to join another team. Won't look right either.

It looks completely fine to me because that picture ended up leading to this:

:messedup:

:think: :dunno: :argue: ;) :beer:
:think: :dunno: :argue: ;) :beer:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

If the team could get a good pick (2nd or 3+something) for Love I wouldn't be upset if they traded him. I haven't really seen anything out of him anyways to be excited about, I don't see a superstar there. Even if he turns out ok, like a Flacco tier guy, I think they can aim higher. Always shoot for the stars at QB.

I can't say I'm super excited about keeping Rodgers though. I'm ready for that jerk to leave. Even though he's winning MVP's, he's been pretty crap in the playoffs since winning the SB.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Before the Wilson news someone had said a good test for Love's value will be if Hackett goes after him.

Bucs
Steelers
Colts

Potential teams I guess.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

So it still could be a 4 years contract extension, could it not? (I don't follow NFL offseason that close, incl. this forum.)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

German_Panzer wrote:
08 Mar 2022 20:27
So it still could be a 4 years contract extension, could it not? (I don't follow NFL offseason that close, incl. this forum.)
It could. Except there is no deal yet. Remains to be seen.
RIP JustJeff

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

bud fox wrote:
08 Mar 2022 19:02
Fantastic news.

I can put up with the Rodgers haters for as long as need be to keep him on the team.

We should probably look to trade Love given it seems to be a weak draft class.

WR has to be our first round this year.
It’s not Rodgers hating. It’s about the cap now and fielding a team around the 2 stars. Then dead money 3 years down the road. Not a big deal if they win a SB. But after falling short the last 2 years, I don’t see it happening.

I hope I’m wrong.
Love is the answer…

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Well I guess I can stop being a Packers fan for a while. It will be 10 years before they win a playoff game now. I guess it is just a business to the Packers front office. Rodgers fills the stadium and sells jerseys and the Bears, Lions and Vikings are even worse so the Packers can still make the playoffs with that aging choker as QB. I guess we have to be happy with a 0-1 playoff record next year and then we will have to be happy with 2-15 teams in salary cap hell for 8 or 9 years.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
09 Mar 2022 01:26
Well I guess I can stop being a Packers fan for a while. It will be 10 years before they win a playoff game now. I guess it is just a business to the Packers front office. Rodgers fills the stadium and sells jerseys and the Bears, Lions and Vikings are even worse so the Packers can still make the playoffs with that aging choker as QB. I guess we have to be happy with a 0-1 playoff record next year and then we will have to be happy with 2-15 teams in salary cap hell for 8 or 9 years.
See ya in 2032, then!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Nah.........stay with the regularly scheduled programming. Imagining what the Packers will look like in the post-Rodgers, and potentially post-LaCoach era is fascinating.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

So, what is better? A “what if” scenario…

Assume that Rodgers and Wilson are equal in every way.

Rodgers new contract will make him the highest paid player ever.

Wilson costs the Broncos five high picks and players to boot.

Would you rather do what the Packers did, or what the Broncos did?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Mar 2022 04:20

But they aren't equal.

I would rather be the Packers. Best qb in the league. Just came first in the conference. Lost playoffs because of special teams which is the easiest phase of football to fix.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:

Do what the Packers did. Imagining what the Packers will look like in the post-Rodgers, and potentially post-LaCoach era is fascinating. In the meantime it will be equally fascinating to see how the LaCoach era unfolds from here on out the Packers go after another NFC North title and playoff run. Hey, we still have our draft picks and Gutey may be scheming for some wheeling and dealing there as well.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

bud fox wrote:
09 Mar 2022 04:27
Scott4Pack wrote:

But they aren't equal.

I would rather be the Packers. Best qb in the league. Just came first in the conference. Lost playoffs because of special teams which is the easiest phase of football to fix.
Packers also lost in the 2021 playoffs due to inept offense as well.......it wasn't just Special Teams. And also lost in the 2020 NFC Championship due to inept offense and inept defense. These losses are all on the coaching staff. 2020 it was the Defensive Coordinator that got canned. In 2021 it was Special Teams coach that got canned. And in 2021 the Offensive Coordinator went off to coach in the AFC.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The Pack is spending away a lot of value in the future to keep Rodgers.

The Broncos gave away a lot of value and talent to get Wilson.

It could be argued that most, not all, of what it cost the Packers would be paid to a future/lesser QB anyhow. The challenge is keeping other key and highly-paid players.

The Packer Nation will feel the pain next year and the next 3-5 years.

The Broncos will never benefit from the two 1st round picks, and two 2nd round picks that now belong to Seattle.

What if Lock turns into something good?

I'm picking what GB did. But if Denver did have that same deal on the table for GB, man, that'd be very tempting.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

bud fox wrote:
09 Mar 2022 04:27
To be fair, finding an offense that can score 14 points in a playoff game is pretty easy as well. It can be done without a $50m QB.

The worry is that if the defense regresses to the point that it gives up a single TD in 60 minutes - and, to be fair, there has never been a defense that can guarantee zero TDs game after game - then the offense would need to step up. For that, sitting on our hands saying "10 points is enough to win the game" won't do.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Just because Rodgers has come up short recently does that automatically mean he will in 2022? Even the almighty Brady went thru a 9 year SB drought. And we won't be salary cap hell for 8-9 years. The cap continues to grow every year.

Rodgers doesn't fill the stadium. The stadium has been full and we've had a miles long waiting list for seats since 1959. I guess your user name is appropriate for you.