Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Mar 2022 04:37
bud fox wrote:
09 Mar 2022 04:27
Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Mar 2022 04:20
So, what is better? A “what if” scenario…

Assume that Rodgers and Wilson are equal in every way.

Rodgers new contract will make him the highest paid player ever.

Wilson costs the Broncos five high picks and players to boot.

Would you rather do what the Packers did, or what the Broncos did?
But they aren't equal.

I would rather be the Packers. Best qb in the league. Just came first in the conference. Lost playoffs because of special teams which is the easiest phase of football to fix.
Packers also lost in the 2021 playoffs due to inept offense as well.......it wasn't just Special Teams. And also lost in the 2020 NFC Championship due to inept offense and inept defense. These losses are all on the coaching staff. 2020 it was the Defensive Coordinator that got canned. In 2021 it was Special Teams coach that got canned. And in 2021 the Offensive Coordinator went off to coach in the AFC.
ya, the receiver they just tagged for 20 mil. dropped a TD pass, in all about 6 easily catchable passes where dropped, can't blame that on coaching or the QB that threw those balls, your trying to blame the coaches when players failed to play up to there ability a bit here. :nono: :lol:
Last edited by Yoop on 09 Mar 2022 07:59, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
09 Mar 2022 07:38
TheSkeptic wrote:
09 Mar 2022 01:26
Well I guess I can stop being a Packers fan for a while. It will be 10 years before they win a playoff game now. I guess it is just a business to the Packers front office. Rodgers fills the stadium and sells jerseys and the Bears, Lions and Vikings are even worse so the Packers can still make the playoffs with that aging choker as QB. I guess we have to be happy with a 0-1 playoff record next year and then we will have to be happy with 2-15 teams in salary cap hell for 8 or 9 years.
Just because Rodgers has come up short recently does that automatically mean he will in 2022? Even the almighty Brady went thru a 9 year SB drought. And we won't be salary cap hell for 8-9 years. The cap continues to grow every year.

Rodgers doesn't fill the stadium. The stadium has been full and we've had a miles long waiting list for seats since 1959. I guess your user name is appropriate for you.
I've heard several posters now comment that they will quit being a Packer fan, based mostly on the FO not taking there advice, Skeptic is just the latest one, I know it's not something I should laugh at, but I've heard such comments off and on for my whole lifetime, and I can't remember anyone actually quitting being a Packer fan, once hooked, your hooked for life, so I don't take comments like that seriously. :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
09 Mar 2022 07:52
Pugger wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
Well I guess I can stop being a Packers fan for a while. It will be 10 years before they win a playoff game now. I guess it is just a business to the Packers front office. Rodgers fills the stadium and sells jerseys and the Bears, Lions and Vikings are even worse so the Packers can still make the playoffs with that aging choker as QB. I guess we have to be happy with a 0-1 playoff record next year and then we will have to be happy with 2-15 teams in salary cap hell for 8 or 9 years.
Just because Rodgers has come up short recently does that automatically mean he will in 2022? Even the almighty Brady went thru a 9 year SB drought. And we won't be salary cap hell for 8-9 years. The cap continues to grow every year.

Rodgers doesn't fill the stadium. The stadium has been full and we've had a miles long waiting list for seats since 1959. I guess your user name is appropriate for you.
I've heard several posters now comment that they will quit being a Packer fan, based mostly on the FO not taking there advice, Skeptic is just the latest one, I know it's not something I should laugh at, but I've heard such comments off and on for my whole lifetime, and I can't remember anyone actually quitting being a Packer fan, once hooked, your hooked for life, so I don't take comments like that seriously. :lol:
Good riddance. We don't need fans like that, and I'll argue they are not actually fans. Same thing happened when the Favre stuff happened. You found out who was a fan of the player and who was a fan of the team.

You need a good drama or fiasco to separate out the wheat from the chaff every once in a while.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
09 Mar 2022 08:16
Yoop wrote:
09 Mar 2022 07:52
Pugger wrote:

Good riddance. We don't need fans like that, and I'll argue they are not actually fans. Same thing happened when the Favre stuff happened. You found out who was a fan of the player and who was a fan of the team.

You need a good drama or fiasco to separate out the wheat from the chaff every once in a while.
I hear what your saying, thats why I say if winning a SB is all that matters then your setting yourself up for heartache, first it's the game we should enjoy watching, not so much the score board, I think fans lose sight of that, the Packers packed the stands for 4-12 seasons just as they do for the 13-3 seasons, obviously we'd all like to win, but we don't quit going to games or watching just because we lose, your right, those that do should question there motives for being a fan in the first place.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

TheSkeptic wrote:
I wouldn't go this far -- I will not stop being a fan, and I have confidence they will win at least some playoff games, namely divisional and/or wild card matchups -- but I'm not far off, either. I do not have much faith in them getting past NFCCG.

I don't think it's completely hopeless (getting there is half the battle) but at this point is is safe to say that perennial choking is the most likely outcome, based on history. I would love nothing more than to be wrong, because I want us to win another SB *with* Rodgers and Adams. I am not expecting it, though.

But hey, we will have some fun regular seasons for sure if nothing else. :mrgreen: ........... :|
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We are at the point where it’s gonna be hard to get amped for regular season wins bc they haven’t translated to playoff success in any way
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
09 Mar 2022 12:22
TheSkeptic wrote:
I wouldn't go this far -- I will not stop being a fan, and I have confidence they will win at least some playoff games, namely divisional and/or wild card matchups -- but I'm not far off, either. I do not have much faith in them getting past NFCCG.

I don't think it's completely hopeless (getting there is half the battle) but at this point is is safe to say that perennial choking is the most likely outcome, based on history. I would love nothing more than to be wrong, because I want us to win another SB *with* Rodgers and Adams. I am not expecting it, though.

But hey, we will have some fun regular seasons for sure if nothing else. :mrgreen: ........... :|
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Just because we haven't won lately doesn't mean we can't going forward.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2022 12:34
We are at the point where it’s gonna be hard to get amped for regular season wins bc they haven’t translated to playoff success in any way
When the team struggles to win regular season games after AR retires you will be singing a different tune.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
09 Mar 2022 12:40
Drj820 wrote:
When the team struggles to win regular season games after AR retires you will be singing a different tune.
Gutey thought life without AR would be impossible too

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2022 12:41
Pugger wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
And it tells us how Packers' management feels about Love's development so far. Last season was really Love's rookie season seeing how last year was a lost year for him. It will be interesting to see what happens with Love going forward.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Well, yeah, but our expectations after Rodgers retires will be entirely different. By bringing Rodgers back, the expectations are set sky-high again, hence [mention]Drj820[/mention]'s feelings.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Just feeling the need to throw this in here since it now seems like I am on a one man island, but I still fully believe Jordan Love is the future QB of the Green Bay Packers. Next year? The year after? I don't have all the answers, but I still remain convicted in my beliefs that the Packers will still turn the keys to this franchise over to Love one day.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Good bye, then!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
09 Mar 2022 13:29
Just feeling the need to throw this in here since it now seems like I am on a one man island, but I still fully believe Jordan Love is the future QB of the Green Bay Packers. Next year? The year after? I don't have all the answers, but I still remain convicted in my beliefs that the Packers will still turn the keys to this franchise over to Love one day.
Let's hope not

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

BF004 wrote:
09 Mar 2022 13:35
TheSkeptic wrote:
Good bye, then!
That's about all I could come up with. 8-9 years of salary cap hell and 2-15 teams...as Vic would say, "OK"
Drama for the sake of drama, give me a break.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Surprised there is no discussion about McAfee saying retirement was a real consideration.

To me that says AR was not serious about playing elsewhere. It was play in GB or not play anymore and move on to other things in life.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

NCF wrote:
How could anyone sincerely believe this? Not saying it'll never happen, but come on.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Mar 2022 14:12
Surprised there is no discussion about McAfee saying retirement was a real consideration.

To me that says AR was not serious about playing elsewhere. It was play in GB or not play anymore and move on to other things in life.
I think that’s just something Rodgers wants out there as some weird play for leverage. I don’t really believe it.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
I'm sort of with you, and honestly, it's not a bad thing. Let's say in reality, Rodgers plays 3 more years and retires. Jordan Love doesn't have a trade market and we keep him. In that case, we would have a 26 year old QB who has had 5 years to learn a system and fine tune his skills. He may never be an all time great but could be a great option to take things over while continuing to search for the next all time great.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2022 12:41
Pugger wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Aaron got what he wanted. Constant attention followed by the money. My guess is in the fine print of his new deal there is a requirement of a daily rub and tug from Murph, Gute and MLF. Not necessarily in that order. Maybe a demand for Jordy to return?