Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
09 Mar 2022 07:26
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Mar 2022 21:18
paco wrote:
08 Mar 2022 19:28

I admitted I was wrong. You don't have to rub it in.
It's OK Paco. I'm wrong all the time. For awhile there I was in your camp wanting AR to get out of town.......but then for some reason I made a turnaround a week or 2 after the playoff loss to the Niners. I still want everyone from the coaching staff on up to Mark Murphy to take some heat for all the drama as well, but that doesn't seem to be happening. LaCoach hasn't got the job done in the playoffs yet. The Love pick was obviously non-brilliant. Let's see how the defense shapes up ......... lets see how the Special Teams shapes up. Let's see if Rodgers' on field play decisions improve .......... 8-)
I believe a lot of the drama around AR this year (and probably last) was perpetuated by the media looking for ratings and clicks. Any hint on what folks in his inner circle suspected became front page news on ESPN and ProfootballTalk while Rodgers didn't say a word publicly.
yes but it was reported by some that Rodgers directed people to say what they said, he was the puppet master :lol:

on any given day reports from the media would contradict reports from the previous day as though Rodgers was flipping back and forth like a beached fish, your right the media made a lotta molla off the Rodgers Drama.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
09 Mar 2022 07:26
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Mar 2022 21:18
paco wrote:
08 Mar 2022 19:28

I admitted I was wrong. You don't have to rub it in.
It's OK Paco. I'm wrong all the time. For awhile there I was in your camp wanting AR to get out of town.......but then for some reason I made a turnaround a week or 2 after the playoff loss to the Niners. I still want everyone from the coaching staff on up to Mark Murphy to take some heat for all the drama as well, but that doesn't seem to be happening. LaCoach hasn't got the job done in the playoffs yet. The Love pick was obviously non-brilliant. Let's see how the defense shapes up ......... lets see how the Special Teams shapes up. Let's see if Rodgers' on field play decisions improve .......... 8-)
I believe a lot of the drama around AR this year (and probably last) was perpetuated by the media looking for ratings and clicks. Any hint on what folks in his inner circle suspected became front page news on ESPN and ProfootballTalk while Rodgers didn't say a word publicly.
Yes, the media does publish anything to get clicks but I don't believe for a second Rodgers didn't play into the same frenzied reporting game, too. By that I mean either having info leaked through one of his surrogates or by allowing certain storylines to continue in their falsehoods unchecked.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Can we kill this thread by now and prepare it for the Packers-huddle HOF? Or is it better to let some more ripples run through the next few days?

I think a SIGNED contract would probably suffice in saying that Rodgers will return.

:rotf:
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Mar 2022 08:01
Can we kill this thread by now and prepare it for the Packers-huddle HOF? Or is it better to let some more ripples run through the next few days?

I think a SIGNED contract would probably suffice in saying that Rodgers will return.

:rotf:
My thread will never die! :lol: But yes, once we get a signed contract, I think we can lock it.................................

until next year.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Quitters.

My money says we can hit 250 pages before pre-season even begins.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm guessing he got all of the media hype that he received. And I suppose he will be getting the money that he wants.

Now how about performing on the field in playoff games? :swear:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
09 Mar 2022 11:08
Quitters.

And the 100 page cheese curds thread used to be the benchmark.

Edit, I am referring to the original cheese curds thread from like 10 years ago that was just about cheese curds.
Last edited by wallyuwl on 11 Mar 2022 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Time to rename the thread to Rodgers wants in?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lake shark wrote:
11 Mar 2022 17:19
Nope. He'll want out again some day.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

wallyuwl wrote:
11 Mar 2022 13:30
APB wrote:
09 Mar 2022 11:08
Quitters.

And the 100 page cheese curds thread used to be the benchmark.

Edit, I am referring to the original cheese curds thread from like 10 years ago that was just about cheese curds.
Think that was 15 years ago. That was gb press gazette, no?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Mar 2022 06:28
I'm guessing he got all of the media hype that he received. And I suppose he will be getting the money that he wants.

Now how about performing on the field in playoff games? :swear:
I'll take blame for the last one. They have never lost a home playoff game when I'm on the sidelines or field but I was unfortunately double booked for the San Fran game but all set to work NFC Championship if they made it. 😭

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
11 Mar 2022 17:30
lake shark wrote:
He will leave when he retires so I wouldn't use the phrase "want out" like you are implying.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
12 Mar 2022 11:18
paco wrote:
lake shark wrote:
He will leave when he retires so I wouldn't use the phrase "want out" like you are implying.
We'll see.
RIP JustJeff

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

paco wrote:
12 Mar 2022 13:44
Pugger wrote:
12 Mar 2022 11:18
paco wrote:

We'll see.
Yeah, experience tells me not to trust much of what Rodgers says anymore.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Hypothetically:

Would you trade three 1st rd picks (one the 6th pick in the draft), one 2nd rd pick, Campbell (1st team all pro), Douglas (5 picks, 2pick sixes), Tonyan, & MVS (deep threat) for….

Aaron Rodgers for 2-3 years and Davante Adams. Plus the complications of salary cap issues and dead cap money in the near future.

Maybe you would make the above deal. And maybe the Packers can keep some of the above players and Rodgers.

It just seems to me your bringing back Rodgers and Adams to win a SB while at the same time letting players go that you’ll need to win the SB.
Love is the answer…

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Foosball wrote:
13 Mar 2022 16:22
Hypothetically:

Would you trade three 1st rd picks (one the 6th pick in the draft), one 2nd rd pick, Campbell (1st team all pro), Douglas (5 picks, 2pick sixes), Tonyan, & MVS (deep threat) for….

Aaron Rodgers for 2-3 years and Davante Adams. Plus the complications of salary cap issues and dead cap money in the near future.

Maybe you would make the above deal. And maybe the Packers can keep some of the above players and Rodgers.

It just seems to me your bringing back Rodgers and Adams to win a SB while at the same time letting players go that you’ll need to win the SB.
I was quite looking forward to the rebuild myself, but I can see why they have done what they've done.

Packers are as close to a Superbowl as you can come the past 3 years. Teams like the Bears, Vikings and Lions would kill to have even a shot at a SB.

It's not something you give up lightly. If you win one, you're legacy is set for life. Fans wait decades for one.

With Rodgers we have a shot. Especially in the NFC.

If we rebuild now and go another ten years without a Superbowl we may always regret not trying it with Rodgers for another couple of seasons.

And if we win it, then it puts a bow on the last ten years and we're playing with house money for the next ten.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

British wrote:
14 Mar 2022 06:37
Foosball wrote:
Hypothetically:

I was quite looking forward to the rebuild myself, but I can see why they have done what they've done.

Packers are as close to a Superbowl as you can come the past 3 years. Teams like the Bears, Vikings and Lions would kill to have even a shot at a SB.

It's not something you give up lightly. If you win one, you're legacy is set for life. Fans wait decades for one.

If we rebuild now and go another ten years without a Superbowl we may always regret not trying it with Rodgers for another couple of seasons.

And if we win it, then it puts a bow on the last ten years and we're playing with house money for the next ten.
This is the most right answer. I think we definitely can forget how hard it is to be legit super bowl contenders pretty much every year. That isn’t normal. We have a better chance that probably any other team in the league to win one or two in the next 23 months. So much of that is because of essentially Aaron Rodgers. Be foolish to pass up that opportunity.

As fun as a little rebuild with a few picks might have been, this is the smartest path.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

And if it is a 2 year deal, as Nagler's source claims, it doesn't even necessarily mean they have to give up on Jordan Love if they don't want to.

The hardest part of a rebuild is getting another QB. If they think Love could turn into one, and giving him another two years to try certainly increases the chances of that, then that may be a decent balancing act from Gute.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
14 Mar 2022 07:59
British wrote:
14 Mar 2022 06:37
Foosball wrote:
Hypothetically:

This is the most right answer. I think we definitely can forget how hard it is to be legit super bowl contenders pretty much every year. That isn’t normal. We have a better chance that probably any other team in the league to win one or two in the next 23 months. So much of that is because of essentially Aaron Rodgers. Be foolish to pass up that opportunity.

As fun as a little rebuild with a few picks might have been, this is the smartest path.
nice to see a few logical post concerning this for a change, everyone is intrigued with change, the thought of balancing the books, getting a bunch of picks and maybe a few players is attractive, but it's a step in the wrong direction concerning the competitive ability of the team for the next couple years, and lets not forget the last time this team went into a dire rebuild mode it lasted 20 years, so there is no guarantee with those plans either, the hit rate on draft picks attest to that as well.

this is why teams that tank for draft slot advantage usually fail to achieve the goals they tanked for, and why teams like the Rams trade draft picks for proven talent, to me both are extreme examples, but they support my opinion, sticking with a plan that has had some prior success, like keeping a proven QB like Rodgers, continuing the draft and develop along with adding some key additions through UFA succeeds more often.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

It's also worth remembering that dumb luck plays a massive part in who wins the SB.

The NFL likes to think it's all based on merit and the winners get hailed as geniuses who took the right path and their philosophy gets copied and praised.

In reality a few different bounces of an egg shaped ball often is the difference between canonisation and getting fired.

The Packers have a path to the playoffs. And a QB who can give us a shot in the playoffs for two more years. That's all most teams can ever really hope for.

In two years, maybe they extend Rodgers, maybe they transition to Love, maybe they tear it all down. But it keeps the window open while giving them time to decide the future.