Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
10 Mar 2022 18:48
Didn’t Kaep openly compare playing in the NFL to slavery? And yet he’s still posting these workout vids vying to get back into the league?

Somebody needs to have a talk with his social messaging coordinator…
don't remember him ever saying that, but I'll take your word for it.

teams like Washington, the Colts, and a few other teams have acted foolishly concerning Kaepernick, Kaep would have been a far better option then the tools they've tried.

Both teams now find themselves in quarterback hell
There's no worse place to be in the NFL than "quarterback hell."

The Indianapolis Colts entered this realm when Andrew Luck retired out of nowhere in 2019. They've gone through Jacoby Brissett, Philip Rivers and Carson Wentz in the last three years. Washington has endured similar pain since making the decision not to pay Kirk Cousins in 2017. Alex Smith, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke have all tried to be the solution in Washington and failed, whether it was due to injury, lack of talent or any other factor.

this is about trades affecting betting, but it shows how inept some teams are finding QB's, and pass over a player because he used the brand to protest race inequality, in that sense it does resemble slavery.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-bettin ... e-betting-

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
11 Mar 2022 08:38
APB wrote:
Didn’t Kaep openly compare playing in the NFL to slavery? And yet he’s still posting these workout vids vying to get back into the league?

teams like Washington, the Colts, and a few other teams have acted foolishly concerning Kaepernick, Kaep would have been a far better option then the tools they've tried.

The Indianapolis Colts entered this realm when Andrew Luck retired out of nowhere in 2019. They've gone through Jacoby Brissett, Philip Rivers and Carson Wentz in the last three years. Washington has endured similar pain since making the decision not to pay Kirk Cousins in 2017. Alex Smith, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke have all tried to be the solution in Washington and failed, whether it was due to injury, lack of talent or any other factor.

this is about trades affecting betting, but it shows how inept some teams are finding QB's, and pass over a player because he used the brand to protest race inequality, in that sense it does resemble slavery.

I'm tempted to comment about that last part in strong disagreement. But I'll restrain myself for the sake of keeping a football thread about football.

That said, and it can't be said often enough, is that CK is a disruptor. For any reason or known reasons, he brings disunity to any locker room. What GM or HC wants that on his team? THAT is the reason that the guy doesn't have a team. But I'm still waiting for Washington to take a flyer on him. They won't be able to stay away from the temptation.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Since you missed it, try any of these https://duckduckgo.com/?q=colin+kaepern ... ery&ia=web

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
11 Mar 2022 08:57
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Since you missed it, try any of these https://duckduckgo.com/?q=colin+kaepern ... ery&ia=web
seriously who doesn't compare the combine and draft process to what a slave auction was 200 years ago, the only difference is the slaves make a bundle of money selling there bodies these days.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
11 Mar 2022 08:54
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

I'm tempted to comment about that last part in strong disagreement. But I'll restrain myself for the sake of keeping a football thread about football.

That said, and it can't be said often enough, is that CK is a disruptor. For any reason or known reasons, he brings disunity to any locker room. What GM or HC wants that on his team? THAT is the reason that the guy doesn't have a team. But I'm still waiting for Washington to take a flyer on him. They won't be able to stay away from the temptation.
you can disagree all you want to, reality is Kaep used the anthem to bring awareness to racial inequality in this country, and many fans and the NFL black balled him for it, all this stuff that he wasn't good enough to play is nothing but made up bunk to save face and protect there false pride, how can he be a locker room cancer when almost every NFL player agree's with him.

I'll leave it at that, as I don't want to get a suspension this week.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
11 Mar 2022 09:13
Half Empty wrote:
Yoop wrote:

seriously who doesn't compare the combine and draft process to what a slave auction was 200 years ago, the only difference is the slaves make a bundle of money selling there bodies these days.
Shame on me. I recommend not responding as a ploy, and here I go ahead and do it myself. Of course, in my defense, I was just providing factual references for you, not thinking ahead to moving the goalposts again. The question was whether or not he referred to the NFL as slavery, not whether being a multi-millionaire who can leave anytime he wants is the same thing. Mods - should I provide any facts in the future, please delete the post.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
11 Mar 2022 09:57
Yoop wrote:
11 Mar 2022 09:13
Half Empty wrote:

Shame on me. I recommend not responding as a ploy, and here I go ahead and do it myself. Of course, in my defense, I was just providing factual references for you, not thinking ahead to moving the goalposts again. The question was whether or not he referred to the NFL as slavery, not whether being a multi-millionaire who can leave anytime he wants is the same thing. Mods - should I provide any facts in the future, please delete the post.
wow. how does Kaep saying the combine and draft process resembles a slave auction become playing in the NFL is like slavery, these are two distinctly different things? your facts where not facts at all.

Boggles the mind how you and others here are still twisting any comment Kaepernik makes into any ol agenda you support, I'd also be much more specific however this is not the place for that.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

kaepernick sucks
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NFL teams continue to be bad at divorcing from their players. This something several Packers players have mentioned over the years. Not just a problem here.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The Deshaun Watson sweepstakes is about to begin.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

paco wrote:
11 Mar 2022 15:42
The Deshaun Watson sweepstakes is about to begin.
Won't face criminal charges. 3 minutes ago.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

If you were Denver who would you rather have Watson or Wilson? I predict he lands in Vegas.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

seriously who doesn't compare the combine and draft process to what a slave auction was 200 years ago…
Oh, I don’t know. Like 99.9% of rational people. :idn:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
11 Mar 2022 09:23
Scott4Pack wrote:
11 Mar 2022 08:54
Yoop wrote:

you can disagree all you want to, reality is Kaep used the anthem to bring awareness to racial inequality in this country, and many fans and the NFL black balled him for it, all this stuff that he wasn't good enough to play is nothing but made up bunk to save face and protect there false pride, how can he be a locker room cancer when almost every NFL player agree's with him.

I'll leave it at that, as I don't want to get a suspension this week.
The reason that he isn’t on a team has little to do with perceived racial inequality. It has much more to do with him not being focused or committed enough to a football team and a football career. A number of GMs wouldn’t mind having him, I’m sure, if he could prove he were dedicated 100% to his game and elevating his game. He just hasn’t made that case.

We could also say the same thing in various respects about other players. Heck, this very forum has had some people question just last year if Aaron friggin Rodgers was committed enough to play to the aspirations of this team.

But some people refuse to even acknowledge that this is a very real concern with CK. Nobody wants to hire a guy on their football team or retail store or other workplace if they feel the guy will carry too much baggage with him. And that is a valid concern.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

At his age RPO is no longer an option. Teams don't want RPO much anyway. So then you are left with a guy whose every pass is flat and hard and whose every press conference will be about something other than football.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
11 Mar 2022 12:53
NFL teams continue to be bad at divorcing from their players. This something several Packers players have mentioned over the years. Not just a problem here.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Looks like Amari Cooper to Browns for very little in return.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Realist wrote:
12 Mar 2022 13:08
5th and a swap of 6th...wow.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Trudge wrote:
12 Mar 2022 13:18
Realist wrote:
That's what happens when teams know the guy is going to be cut.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

paco wrote:
12 Mar 2022 13:44
Trudge wrote:
12 Mar 2022 13:18
Realist wrote:
That's what happens when teams know the guy is going to be cut.
That could've happened to Tae as well. Looks like we stepped away from that one, at least for one more year.