Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Mar 2022 07:40
paco wrote:
12 Mar 2022 13:44
Trudge wrote:
12 Mar 2022 13:18

5th and a swap of 6th...wow.
That's what happens when teams know the guy is going to be cut.

That could've happened to Tae as well. Looks like we stepped away from that one, at least for one more year.
We aren't and couldn't cut him. It was tag him, extend him, or he's a free agent.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Say what you want about CK7 off-field or in an NFL locker room but I'd sooner roll the dice on him than Wentz, Marriotta, Goff, Love if I'm in win-now mode as the Packers clearly are, and more than a few other guys who will likely start this year.

Yeah some fans might bitch but so did lots of Packer fans that didn't like what Rodgers did; it would probably just blow over. I don't think the controversy is as great as some folks are making it out to be, especially now that it's been a few years (not to mention, George Floyd happened), while the difference between him and the next QB tier down is appreciable.

So yeah I'd do it if I were a few teams and cared about winning above all else. Not saying he'd be stellar this many years out of the league but I think you have an appreciably better chance with him on a contending team than a few guys that will actually be trotted out.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Labrev wrote:
13 Mar 2022 14:39
Say what you want about CK7 off-field or in an NFL locker room but I'd sooner roll the dice on him than Wentz, Marriotta, Goff, Love if I'm in win-now mode as the Packers clearly are, and more than a few other guys who will likely start this year.

Yeah some fans might bitch but so did lots of Packer fans that didn't like what Rodgers did; it would probably just blow over. I don't think the controversy is as great as some folks are making it out to be, especially now that it's been a few years (not to mention, George Floyd happened), while the difference between him and the next QB tier down is appreciable.

So yeah I'd do it if I were a few teams and cared about winning above all else. Not saying he'd be stellar this many years out of the league but I think you have an appreciably better chance with him on a contending team than a few guys that will actually be trotted out.
Man really. On what basis can anyone say this guy would make a win now team a contender. Like just stop. I don't want to be mean but this is just foolish talk about a guy that wasn't good late in his career. Cam Newton > CK and newton is awful now.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
13 Mar 2022 15:24
Labrev wrote:
13 Mar 2022 14:39

Man really. On what basis can anyone say this guy would make a win now team a contender. Like just stop. I don't want to be mean but this is just foolish talk about a guy that wasn't good late in his career. Cam Newton > CK and newton is awful now.
Well that wasn't what I said, so....
—Magneto

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Brady is back...blah.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Trudge wrote:
13 Mar 2022 18:34
Brady is back...blah.
Some poor bastard just paid $518,000 for his last TD ball.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Trudge wrote:
Brady is back...blah.
Good .... let the drama move to Tampa then. We have football to play in Titletown.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Not surprised, I was skeptical of that retirement from the start.

I thought he might want out of Tampa, though, possibly play for his childhood team SanFran or maybe take his operation to Miami.
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Raptorman wrote:
13 Mar 2022 19:08
Trudge wrote:
Brady is back...blah.
Some poor bastard just paid $518,000 for his last TD ball.
Guessing someone poor did not buy a decorative football for over $500,000.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Vikings extended Cousins another year. For $35M.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
13 Mar 2022 22:24
So Cousins is worth 70 decorative Brady balls. #value. :tiphat:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

salmar80 wrote:
13 Mar 2022 23:05
paco wrote:
13 Mar 2022 22:24
So Cousins is worth 70 decorative Brady balls. #value. :tiphat:
It all depends on how you look at it. Who do you replace him with if you get rid of him? This was done I t think mostly to give O'Connell at least two years to work with him and to lessen the salary cap issue this year. At least we know what his contract entails at this point. Still waiting to see Rodger's new deal.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Think about this.

Cousins hasn't won a playoff game in Minny and gets $35M.

Rodgers gets what is presumed will be over $45M next year and maybe beyond that. But he's won the NFC North how many times now and deposed several HCs.

Rodgers is being paid more. And that's good because he is two-time MVP in the last two years.

But is Cousins a good option for $35M? Yeah, he's a real good pocket passer for sure. But is he $35M-good?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Mar 2022 03:49
Think about this.

Rodgers gets what is presumed will be over $45M next year and maybe beyond that. But he's won the NFC North how many times now and deposed several HCs.

Rodgers is being paid more. And that's good because he is two-time MVP in the last two years.

But is Cousins a good option for $35M? Yeah, he's a real good pocket passer for sure. But is he $35M-good?
With the right supporting cast on offense, defense, special teams, play calling and coaching .......... Kirk Cousins has the QB skill to win a NFCCG. But its the supporting cast stuff in Minnesota that may be brought into question. :idn: Good question for Vikings fans such as Raptor to answer I guess.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Da Bears are releasing RB Tarik Cohen with an injury designation.

Seemed like a couple of years ago, Cohen was very twitchy and a great speed back. Is he dinged up too much to check out for ST as a return guy?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
13 Mar 2022 21:26
Not surprised, I was skeptical of that retirement from the start.

I thought he might want out of Tampa, though, possibly play for his childhood team SanFran or maybe take his operation to Miami.
I have a feeling if Brady is trying to pull what Favre did in 2008 the Bucs won't trade Tom to an NFC team either. The Fins have a ton cap space so that could be possible.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Mar 2022 03:49
Think about this.

with the cost to replace him the Vikes have little choice, Cousins is there best option for this coming season, Cousins is far better then people give him credit for.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pittsburgh playing for a top pick in 2023 it looks like