Important NFL dates 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Important NFL dates 2022

Post by paco »

• March 1-7 - NFL Scouting Combine
  • March 8 - Deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition players (by 4pm EST)
  • March 14-16 - Clubs permitted to contact and enter contract negotiations with agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents. (Starting March 14th Noon EST to March 16th 3:59:59pm EST, contracts can't be executed until March 16th 4pm EST)
  • March 16- 2022 League Year, Free Agency, and Trading Period begins 4pm EST
    *Clubs must submit qualifying offers to Restricted Free Agents to retain Right of First Refusal/Compensation (prior to 4pm EST)
    *Top 51 rule begins. All clubs must be under the 2022 salary cap (prior to 4pm EST)
    *All 2021 player contracts expire at 4pm EST
  • March 27-30 - Annual League Meeting
  • April 18 - Packers can begin offseason workout programs
  • April 20 - Deadline to bring draft-eligible players to facilities for physicals
  • April 22 - Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets
  • April 27 - Deadline for prior club to exercise Right of First Refusal to Restricted Free Agents. Deadline to time, test, and interview draft-eligible players.
  • April 28-30 - NFL Draft
  • May 2 - Deadline for clubs to exercise 5th year option for players selected in 1st round of 2019 NFL Draft
  • May 6-9 or 13-16 - Clubs may elect to hold 1 3-day post-draft rookie minicamp.
  • May 23-25 - Spring League Meeting
Let me know if I missed anything of note.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

There is no set day for the NFL schedule release. For the past two years, it has been done just after the NFL Draft, but back before 2020, it was typically done a week or two before the draft

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Feb 2022 21:30
There is no set day for the NFL schedule release. For the past two years, it has been done just after the NFL Draft, but back before 2020, it was typically done a week or two before the draft
No offense, schedule release day is only important to people wanting to go to games. We already know all the opponents.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
18 Feb 2022 22:44
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
No offense, schedule release day is only important to people wanting to go to games. We already know all the opponents.
Maybe so. Time to take a poll regardless. BYE week, Thursday night, holiday, Saturday, FLEX and Monday night games may be of interest to those NOT wanting to go to games. Oh....and the opening week (home or away) game as well. :argue:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Feb 2022 09:45
paco wrote:
18 Feb 2022 22:44
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Maybe so. Time to take a poll regardless. BYE week, Thursday night, holiday, Saturday, FLEX and Monday night games may be of interest to those NOT wanting to go to games. Oh....and the opening week game as well. :argue:
It is of interest to me, but I will not spend all offseason speculating about it, either. When the schedule release comes, I am interested. Even then I am more interested in the big picture stuff like 3-game road trips, Bye Week placement, etc. rather than specific match-ups.

I plan my fall around that schedule.

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Bills - Packers game in Buffalo .... bustin' tables in the parking lot. :woohoo:

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 19 Feb 2022 12:38, edited 2 times in total.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Feb 2022 09:51
Bills - Packers game in December in Buffalo .... bustin' tables in the parking lot. :woohoo:
Such a moronic thing to do. I don't understand people.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
18 Feb 2022 16:53
  • March 1-7 - NFL Scouting Combine
  • March 8 - Deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition players (by 4pm EST)
  • March 14-16 - Clubs permitted to contact and enter contract negotiations with agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents. (Starting March 14th Noon EST to March 16th 3:59:59pm EST, contracts can't be executed until March 16th 4pm EST)
  • March 16- 2022 League Year, Free Agency, and Trading Period begins 4pm EST
    *Clubs must submit qualifying offers to Restricted Free Agents to retain Right of First Refusal/Compensation (prior to 4pm EST)
    *Top 51 rule begins. All clubs must be under the 2022 salary cap (prior to 4pm EST)
    *All 2021 player contracts expire at 4pm EST
  • March 27-30 - Annual League Meeting
  • April 18 - Packers can begin offseason workout programs
  • April 20 - Deadline to bring draft-eligible players to facilities for physicals
  • April 22 - Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets
  • April 27 - Deadline for prior club to exercise Right of First Refusal to Restricted Free Agents. Deadline to time, test, and interview draft-eligible players.
  • April 28-30 - NFL Draft
  • May 2 - Deadline for clubs to exercise 5th year option for players selected in 1st round of 2019 NFL Draft
  • May 6-9 or 13-16 - Clubs may elect to hold 1 3-day post-draft rookie minicamp.
  • May 23-25 - Spring League Meeting
Let me know if I missed anything of note.
Looks like ya got it all to me :aok: the combine is coming up fast, and I've not looked at any draft sites, I'am still recovering from the SF loss, sorta deflated my interest in football, getting into some of the combine invites may help, thanks for taking the time Paco to list these dates. :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Will the :packers: ticket prices "increase or not" announcement.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
19 Feb 2022 10:01
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Feb 2022 09:51
Bills - Packers game in December in Buffalo .... bustin' tables in the parking lot. :woohoo:
Such a moronic thing to do. I don't understand people.
Bills Mafia! I can get behind it.

There was an article a couple years ago highlighting some of the spectacles. It's like a big circus of disgusting/bizarre things. They had a communal ketchup-based dip into which everyone dumps various types of sauces, and then wherein everyone double or triple dips their food. There is a guy who covers himself in mustard and ketchup and then jumps into the crowd and crowd-surfs. There are some cars which are started up and then serve as the grill for cooking pizza (rather than an actual grill). Former players, notably Stevie Johnson, roam the crowd and get in on the revelry.

The best one (which I am guessing is now discontinued) is that they used to have a gallon of milk from their last playoff win. The problem is that as the milk aged, its acidity would eat away at the milk container, but rather than put it into a type of container which isn't vulnerable to being eroded by the acidic milk, every couple of years they would get a new plastic milk container and pour the original milk into the new container.

Oh yeah, and of course they bring all sorts of furniture to destroy by diving into it. They also donate a bunch of money to charities.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/26 ... a-tailgate

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Feb 2022 20:28

Let's just say after the announce the Aaron Rodgers contract, we may get an email saying that they are bumping the prices in 2022. ;)
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Packfntk wrote:
21 Feb 2022 09:04
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Let's just say after the announce the Aaron Rodgers contract, we may get an email saying that they are bumping the prices in 2022. ;)
Ticket prices, gas prices, oil prices, electricity prices ........... :swear:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Feb 2022 18:20
Packfntk wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

And all because of politician X that I don't like on the other side who is clearly in the wrong.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Feb 2022 18:20
Packfntk wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

I think the world in general should just adopt an "all prices should be less." -attitude. I mean, why is there a price on things, anyways?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I think the world in general should just adopt an "all prices should be less." -attitude. I mean, why is there a price on things, anyways?
Sorry Salmar ......... but I am at a loss for words on this one.

Are you bringing it to Lambeau this upcoming season or what? There you'll see all kinds or price tags on stuff.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Feb 2022 21:17

Are you bringing it to Lambeau this upcoming season or what? There you'll see all kinds or price tags on stuff.
I found some words for you Salmar! Ticket prices increased $4 to $7 for lower bowl seats (new price tags). GO PACK GO! f

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 Mar 2022 18:47
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

I found some words for you Salmar! Ticket prices increased $4 to $7 for lower bowl seats (new price tags). GO PACK GO! f
What do you think would be a good level of prices?

The Packers have been consistent at least from the start of TT's reign to have ticket prices just a tad below average of the league. Do you think we should be the cheapest or among the cheapest? Or set an example by being much cheaper than any other team?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
13 Mar 2022 00:45
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 Mar 2022 18:47
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

What do you think would be a good level of prices?

The Packers have been consistent at least from the start of TT's reign to have ticket prices just a tad below average of the league. Do you think we should be the cheapest or among the cheapest? Or set an example by being much cheaper than any other team?
A) One-third of my Packers related brain says we should be the cheapest owing to the non-profit / shareholder status of the Packers ownership. It's too bad the shareholders don't have a say in matters such as this. I'd like to see results from a poll if there ever is/was one.

B) Another third of my Packers related brain say we should stay around the middle (as it is today) per the reasoning that Mark Murphy puts forth plus the fact that what is affordable in Wisconsin is much different than what is affordable in many of the other NFL markets.

C) Then there's what is likely the most unpopular notion in my Packers related brain .... charge the most .... its the Green Bay Packers and its Lambeau Field (the shrine of the NFL per John Madden) .... so charge the most. Not that the Packers will ever be or act snooty (Wisconsin's just not like that) ............ but hey!

I like "C" :dunno:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Aren’t you the same Ringo continually bitching every year about ticket prices going up?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
14 Mar 2022 08:55
Aren’t you the same Ringo continually bitching every year about ticket prices going up?
Nah ..... that must be the other Ringo. :idn: