Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I would have preferred to keep billy
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2022 08:28
go pak go wrote:
14 Mar 2022 18:21
Yoop wrote:
14 Mar 2022 18:01

Rodgers, with elite receivers carried this team, the rest of the team was in shambles, however we went to the PO's every year, then the receivers declined, Rodgers was hurt, and the offense stagnated so bad the HC was fired mid season, this idea that Rodgers wouldn't be better with more then just 1 great receiver is the biggest fallacy spouted on these message boards.
read the post again
I read it a half doz times prior to posting my response, it makes no sense, when someone says don't give a great QB elite receivers it goes against all logic, Rodgers was at his very best when he had them, and the reason he throws to Adams a 150 times a season is because he's the only quality guy left.

I have no idea who he's referring to with this T Onion dude, MVS is going because he hasn't stayed healthy or warented the pay raise the open market will give him, then his comment that he will stand pat with his opinion prompted my response.

I get a hoot out of all the Rodgers bashing, Packer fans are the most spoiled bunch of critics in the league, constantly defending the FO for not providing a first ballot HOF QB with more then one elite WR for now going on 6 seasons, and now that we may lose him, Lebrev seems cool with that as long as we over pay MVS and bring in some dude named T ONION??????
I don't get it :idn:
Labrev is talking don't give him elite receivers but instead give him quantity of great receivers so the ball is distributed.

Right now Rodgers has an All-Time elite reciever. Just one. So the ball only goes to him.

The times Rodgers was truly effective he has quantity of great receivers but never an All-Time elite receiver. The only time he had anything close to Adams level was Nelson in 2014. And even there....we lost when the opponent shut down Nelson.

Otherwise his greatest years were quantity of great receivers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2022 09:16

I'm sure Rich Bisaccia watched every kick many times and had some input on that decision.

Clean up the snap and hold game, no reason Mason shouldn't have a great year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If we are paying $150 Million over the next 3 years in cash but only absorbing $100 Million in cap the next three years....that means we will have $50 million of dead cap to absorb after 2024.

Looks to be similar to the Drew Brees model.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2022 09:26
Drj820 wrote:

I'm sure Rich Bisaccia watched every kick many times and had some input on that decision.

why burn a bridge prior to building a new one, doesn't mean we wont replace him or bring someone in to compete with, but if we saw poor snaps. poor holds, and obvious poor blocking, we can be sure the coaches did to, everyone though is quick to pin the blame on Crosby. :dunno:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2022 09:34
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

why burn a bridge prior to building a new one, doesn't mean we wont replace him or bring someone in to compete with, but if we saw poor snaps. poor holds, and obvious poor blocking, we can be sure the coaches did to, everyone though is quick to pin the blame on Crosby. :dunno:
Who can I blame for Crosby not being able to kick the ball into the endzone on the kickoff after Holloween?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Mar 2022 09:32
If we are paying $150 Million over the next 3 years in cash but only absorbing $100 Million in cap the next three years....that means we will have $50 million of dead cap to absorb after 2024.

Looks to be similar to the Drew Brees model.
ya, well, uh, ya know, we where able to make him the richest player in the league again :lol: gotta have your priorities in order :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2022 09:36
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Who can I blame for Crosby not being able to kick the ball into the endzone on the kickoff after Holloween?
Your eyes.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2022 09:36
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

the tee caused those short kickoffs, Rich knows how to fix that though, have a little faith will ya :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
15 Mar 2022 10:04
Woof, be great to get him back though.

I feel like a normal year we could have gotten away with the lesser tender. But with Getsy and Hackett floating around and a need at WR, especially since the Broncos traded away Fant, I think this was the right move.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So gotta say, early on here, we really don't have a single pressing need heading into FA or the draft.

Rodgers
Jones/Dillon
Adams/Lazard/Cobb/Taylor
Lewis/Daguara/Tyler Davis
Bakhtiari/JRJ/Myers/Newman/Turner - Nijman,Van Lanen, Hansen

That's as good of an O as we've had. Could definitely use help/depth at WR, TE, interior OL, but not a glaring hole anywhere at this point. And this is again, before we are done resigning guys, adding bargain FA's, or draft.

On D similar

Slayton/Clark/Dean/Heflin
Gary/Preston/Garvin - Galeai I was really impressed with how Garvin was playing mid year before he got hurt, fairly competent OLB3
Campbell/Barnes/Summers
Jaire/Stokes/Douglas/Jean Charles
Amos/Savage/Black/Scott

Could still bring back Lancaster, but this is basically the same D + Jaire

Again, can still add a Lancaster, bargain FA, and draft.

With how this D finished last year and some new expectations, I am finally really going to expect a top 10 D here at worst. I mean you got pro-bowlers and all pros at every level and some real young potential.

Long story short, on paper, this is already going to be an excellent team and we will still be adding several pieces, but no where you can point to this roster and say we can't go into the season with that, that is why we won't win.

Two weakest spots I see are interior OL and DL. Not really where you want to have your weakest areas, so guessing we will see several pieces added to each group.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
15 Mar 2022 10:04
Brush my shoulders off....
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Mar 2022 14:51
paco wrote:
14 Mar 2022 14:41
From the now updated story from Bill Huber...
According to his agent, Joe Panos, it’s a five-year deal worth $50 million. He will get $16.25 million in Year 1, $21.5 million in Year 2 and $32.25 million by Year 3.
Based on those details, here's my structure and cap guess:
image.png
image.png (7.62 KiB) Viewed 408 times
I'd bet there's a roster/option bonus in year 3 that creates a decision point, hence the spike in that year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I will say it again.

I don't know where the money is coming from. But I also don't care at this point. We are setting ourselves up for a 2 year run.

We are signing guys left and right and seem to always be "over the cap" but who cares.

My guess is MVS is most definitely gone at this point. I also doubt T'Onion can be had. I do be Cobby conceeds a lot of his money and is back. I also expect Kelly to be back at RT as a stop gap before Elgton Jenkins is back.

I legit don't know if we will be able to extend Jenkins after his rookie contract due to cap constraints. I am fine going all in now, but your 2019 and 2020 guys who were drafted may not be a Packer on their 2nd contract as a result.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

But we have to bring back Rasul. Give him 3 years too.

We need 3 CBs and he is just way more valuable to us than a Sullivan type.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I would say we are...now...seeing what "all in" looks like...as in, this is boom or bust. The future is going to be severely hampered...but its all good if we win one SB. I hope now that Rodgers has his bag he may start to care about SB as much as MVP.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’m not a great fan of Tom Silverstein. But I think he tweeted his best tweet ever today. See below…
Now that we’ve seen #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has $101M guaranteed fully and $150M guaranteed against injury, can we please drop the ‘it’s not about money’ garbage or that it’s a ‘cap-friendly’ deal. He got paid, as he deserves. But it’s not some great sacrifice for the team.”
To that, I say, “Amen!”
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
15 Mar 2022 10:59
I’m not a great fan of Tom Silverstein. But I think he tweeted his best tweet ever today. See below…
Now that we’ve seen #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has $101M guaranteed fully and $150M guaranteed against injury, can we please drop the ‘it’s not about money’ garbage or that it’s a ‘cap-friendly’ deal. He got paid, as he deserves. But it’s not some great sacrifice for the team.”
To that, I say, “Amen!”
I mean it was a cap friendly deal...in the first year :lol: