Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Mar 2022 08:56
Honestly, we don't need booming punts.

We just need a guy we can rely on to get us over 45 yards net in the cold weather. We can't have shanks.

I thought Bojo would be that for us, but even he wasn't.
And hold kicks well.

Added bonus if they can kick touchbacks.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 09:06
go pak go wrote:

We just need a guy we can rely on to get us over 45 yards net in the cold weather. We can't have shanks.

And hold kicks well.

Added bonus being cheap:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Gutey used the void year cap credit card on Amos to get under the limit.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

salmar80 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 09:13
BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 09:06
go pak go wrote:

And hold kicks well.

Added bonus being cheap:

That sounds like O'Donnell is going to be more than "competition" then.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 09:15
Gutey used the void year cap credit card on Amos to get under the limit.

I really really hope that's a precursor to extending Amos for those 4 years and folding the extended cap charges into the cost of the new deal, but that they needed it faster than they could agree to terms so they just did the void years. fingers crossed.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Looking at all that Guty has done since January has been a treat. I’d say he’s kicking butt so far.

We still have stuff for him to do. But he’s even signed a punter already!

Next tasks for Guty:
1. Sign Rasul.
2. Get a new long snapper.
3. Find a WR2.
4. More DLine interior.
5. Pass rusher.
6. OLine depth. (Gonna see that in the draft.)
7. Punt returner.

Anything else?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Mar 2022 11:48
Anything else?
Get Mercilus back in the fold on a cheap prove-it deal and extend Jaire.

The rest of your list we can do in the draft, but I would LOVE to see some budget free agent swings akin to Campbell and Douglas and there are guys.

And don't shoot me, while I'd LOVE Rasul back, I'm not sure the money is going to make sense. He's a half-year wonder who could have been called for PI on half of his picks (not should have, but could have) who looks like he's about to get real starter money on a team that is about to pay elite money to Jaire and has Stokes in house.

I'd hate to lose him, but if he's climbing above $12M/year, I also would almost hate to keep him. He feels like more of a gamble than we're counting him as

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Jerry Montgomery sure has an interesting mix of duties. I kinda like having someone who knows both sides of the running game.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Not great news

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We seem to really struggle with that 3rd CB. I honestly think King has a chance at coming back and being the slot when it's larger WRs.

But drafting a slot style CB this year would be really nice in the 2nd round. You just need a really good #3. Douglas was that for us.

I was really hoping we could throw a 3 year $15 million deal at him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Mar 2022 12:56
Not great news

Adams playing hard ball with his extension has made things hard for Gutey. Would be a shame if Rasul left, but we have two more than solid sideline corners, shouldn't be impossible to find a nickel.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Rasul was no pansy in run support/tackling/durability. King is no where near him in that regard and while Jaire tries he’s not a big dude. Case in point last year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 13:09
YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Mar 2022 12:56
Not great news

Adams playing hard ball with his extension has made things hard for Gutey. Would be a shame if Rasul left, but we have two more than solid sideline corners, shouldn't be impossible to find a nickel.
Yeah but we haven't been very good at it. We really struggle with coverage in the middle of the field. In the last 20 years, we had Woodson for a season (who was all over), Shields for a season, Heyward for season, Alexander for a season.

Otherwise...we have been pretty poor at the nickle/#3 CB spot.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

King was arguably good as a dime safety. Wouldn't be sad to see him come back in the same role. As long as its cheap enough.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Kevin King is a liability and I will be disappointed if he is on our team for the vet minimum. Move on.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I honestly don't have any opinions. I know King sucks. But I know anyone who likely will be there in place of King will also suck.

That's what we get based on the decisions we made at the top of the roster. We have to hope that the Henry Blacks of the world can come in and surprise.

That's why it's so frustrating that we have a guy who literally did that, Douglas, and yet we won't get to keep him. Even though his value will likely be very good for us.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
17 Mar 2022 14:23
I honestly don't have any opinions. I know King sucks. But I know anyone who likely will be there in place of King will also suck.

That's what we get based on the decisions we made at the top of the roster. We have to hope that the Henry Blacks of the world can come in and surprise.

That's why it's so frustrating that we have a guy who literally did that, Douglas, and yet we won't get to keep him. Even though his value will likely be very good for us.
If you know someone sucks, you fill the spot with someone else.

We got Rasul when we missed out on Gilmore. We also tried Yiadom. You move on when someone is not the answer, and you occasionally find that person. If you keep that person, then they serve as a blockade to the opportunity of others to improve and prove themselves.

There is no justification for the Packers trying King out anymore.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

My blood pressure back to manageabe levels. And I NEVER imagined getting an All-Pro ILB for just 10M per year:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So with Davante gone and his tag money now freed up, where do the Packers sit cap wise? Any quality FA WRs out there worth pursuing? And no, I don’t mean washed up Julio or another 5yd completion guy like Jarvis.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Out of town. Start new threads for all this super important stuff!!!!!!!

Read More. Post Less.