Davante To Da Raidas for picks 22 and 53

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Honestly bravo to Gute and Ball on this.

We were in a position where I thought we were forced to let him walk.

Instead we maneuver stuff around to tag him and turn a 2023 3rd round Comp pick into the 2022 22nd pick of the 1st and 2nd rounds. :clap:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
17 Mar 2022 19:27
:clap: :clap:

This was the right move. It forces Rodgers to be an MVP player and relieves us some cap space while also getting some draft capital. I wouldn't mind bringing MVS back now. But we will need a legit starter too at WR too.

Davante Adams was an absolute joy to watch. He, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver and Antonio Freeman have such special places in my heart.

Thank you Davante!!! Glad your house is in the city you work!
Imagine getting the draft capital we got for Adams along with the haul we could have gotten for Aaron. Now we are stuck in limbo year to year depending on the Diva. Could have been a total new chapter. Now stuck with kick the can restructured vet deals. I can see a frustrated Aaron next year. But he got paid too.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I would think part of Davante choosing to leave is heavily tied to the fact Rodgers likely only has 2, maybe 3, years remaining with the Packers. He made a choice to relocate and play with his good friend and college QB for the long term.

Oh, and Vegas >>>>>> GB. Not even close.

Oh, and Adams saves 7+% in state income tax. (NV has no state tax)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

As far as I'm concerned, MVS easily is the best receiver available on the market. Others are all old or unspectacular. Robinson may have been a nice add but it's too late for that now.

Let's bring back Marquez. Rodgers has even said he wants to play with him this coming season.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Realist wrote:
17 Mar 2022 20:05
go pak go wrote:

This was the right move. It forces Rodgers to be an MVP player and relieves us some cap space while also getting some draft capital. I wouldn't mind bringing MVS back now. But we will need a legit starter too at WR too.

Davante Adams was an absolute joy to watch. He, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver and Antonio Freeman have such special places in my heart.

Imagine getting the draft capital we got for Adams along with the haul we could have gotten for Aaron. Now we are stuck in limbo year to year depending on the Diva. Could have been a total new chapter. Now stuck with kick the can restructured vet deals. I can see a frustrated Aaron next year. But he got paid too.
Yeah, I wanted Rodgers back, but I do really hate the contract. I would be pretty fricken excited if we got the Russell Wilson haul and the Davante haul.

Either way, this team is still very stacked and now has a little cap room to add to is, WR only glaring need. Got Lazard and Cobb, so isn't completely lost. Eq signing with the Bears is a low key big loss, IMO. Could just us a guy there who isn't awful who knows the playbook and Aaron.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

texas wrote:
17 Mar 2022 19:59
idk why he would have wanted to leave

We all are well aware of Rodgers' issues (although those also came out of nowhere last year), but it's weird that apparently Davante was also having problems.
I think he was butt hurt after they couldn't agree on an extension last offseason.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 20:09
Realist wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Yeah, I wanted Rodgers back, but I do really hate the contract. I would be pretty fricken excited if we got the Russell Wilson haul and the Davante haul.

Either way, this team is still very stacked and now has a little cap room to add to is, WR only glaring need. Got Lazard and Cobb, so isn't completely lost. Eq signing with the Bears is a low key big loss, IMO. Could just us a guy there who isn't awful who knows the playbook and Aaron.
Bring back MVS and T’Onion and the offense is fine.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
17 Mar 2022 20:03

Instead we maneuver stuff around to tag him and turn a 2023 3rd round Comp pick into the 2022 22nd pick of the 1st and 2nd rounds. :clap:
I said before he was going to be tagged and traded or a long term deal worked out (before or after being tagged). No way they were going to let him walk.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Goodbye, good luck, and thanks for the picks. Bout time we got a haul!

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
17 Mar 2022 20:12
BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 20:09
Realist wrote:

Bring back MVS and T’Onion and the offense is fine.
I dont mind bringing Tonyan back but man I would love an actual TE that other teams fear. Dreaming I know. I would only want MVS back on a prove it deal. Getting late in the game to get a WR. I think a stretch the field WR will obviously come in the first round. Still a couple vets out there that wont break the bank.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

go pak go wrote:

I too think the return from Las Vegas was better than could have been expected.

Question though, is there any reason (given that it appears clear that Adams wanted no part of returning to Green Bay after extension talks broke off last season) that the Packers had to wait until today to complete the trade?

I hate to put on a damper on things, but in this purported "All In" season, collecting additional draft picks seems like a bit of a head scratcher to me especially when much of the available, NFL ready WR talent has already been spoken for. And one look at the Packer WR/TE rooms and the thought of the team being all in does not seem to add up.

I thought teams going all in traded picks for good players (a la the Rams and Tampa Bay) not the other way around.

Personally, I would love this trade a lot more if the team had also traded #12 and was in a true rebuild mode.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

LombardiTime wrote:
17 Mar 2022 21:31
go pak go wrote:

Question though, is there any reason (given that it appears clear that Adams wanted no part of returning to Green Bay after extension talks broke off last season) that the Packers had to wait until today to complete the trade?

I hate to put on a damper on things, but in this purported "All In" season, collecting additional draft picks seems like a bit of a head scratcher to me especially when much of the available, NFL ready WR talent has already been spoken for. And one look at the Packer WR/TE rooms and the thought of the team being all in does not seem to add up.

I thought teams going all in traded picks for good players (a la the Rams and Tampa Bay) not the other way around.

Personally, I would love this trade a lot more if the team had also traded #12 and was in a true rebuild mode.
I'm sure they were accommodating Adams some with the trade. Who were we going to trade for? Not a lot of options and we still aren't flush with cap space. We'll make more, but technically only about $5M available when you count RFAs and the draft.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

#2 in receptions. #4 in receiving yards. Surely a future Packers Hall of Famer.

I have one of Davante's autographed 2014 rookie cards. Suppose I'll hang on to it for awhile unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse. Note #00 on the jersey. Would have liked to see Davante get a ring as a Packer.

I wonder if Adams knows something we don't know........... :idn:

Pressure is clearly on LaCoach and Rodgers to deliver an offense that can win the NFCCG in 2022.

Good to see Campbell and Rasul back on the roster.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

LombardiTime wrote:
17 Mar 2022 21:31
go pak go wrote:

Give it time to see if "All In" becomes real in 2022. I have my doubts as well. Pressure is on Gutey and LaCoach to deliver in 2022.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
17 Mar 2022 22:09
Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn!!! The guy was awesome.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
Always do have to question the trades. I mean Allen Robinson at 15 per for free, or Davante for 28 per and a 1 and a 2.

Same with the Chargers trading for Mack, there were actually a lot of good pass rushers on the market this offseason and you already had Bosa, don’t really need anyone that special on the other side. At that point. You just need coverage so the pass rush can actually get home.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 22:13
paco wrote:
Always do have to question the trades. I mean Allen Robinson at 15 per for free, or Davante for 28 per and a 1 and a 2.

Same with the Chargers trading for Mack, there were actually a lot of good pass rushers on the market this offseason and you already had Bosa, don’t really need anyone that special on the other side. At that point. You just need coverage so the pass rush can actually get home.
Even if you look at other trades. Is Adams worth that much more money plus a 1 and 2 over Amari Cooper and a 5th?

I love the guy, but I keep feeling better about the deal. We have a big hole, but we have the ability to fill it.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
17 Mar 2022 22:17
BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 22:13
paco wrote:

Even if you look at other trades. Is Adams worth that much more money plus a 1 and 2 over Amari Cooper and a 5th?

I love the guy, but I keep feeling better about the deal. We have a big hole, but we have the ability to fill it.
Agree, hoping we more or less stand pat and go DL, Edge, OL and WR with our first 4 picks.