Davante To Da Raidas for picks 22 and 53

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Juju signing with chiefs.

Chiefs receiving group is nuts.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
18 Mar 2022 16:26
Juju signing with chiefs.

Chiefs receiving group is nuts.
I think you could just blanket that statement with AFC West.

Best division I can recall, Id say way better than the overhyped NFC West of a year ago.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 11:11
go pak go wrote:
18 Mar 2022 11:04
Yoop wrote:
18 Mar 2022 10:53

It is not that hard to replace Adams production, simply find two receivers better then our #2 and #3 receivers that we've had the last 5 years, which should not be that hard to do, take one of these top 4 receivers in this draft and buy a UFA, that wont break the bank.
Here is a list of the remaining FA's out there.

1. Odell Beckham - Torn ACL. Won't be back until likely December at earliest.
2. Jarvis Landry
3. Ju Ju Smith - has gotten worse each year in the league
4. Jamison Crowder
5. Will Fuller
6. Sammy Watkins
7. Julio Jones
8. AJ Green
9. James Washington
10. Laquon Treadwell
11. Tre'Quan Smith
12. MVS
13. Demarcus Robinson
thats a pretty ugly list sadly
Jarvis Landry wouldn't be terrible for the right price I suppose.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I would take any or all of Landry, Fuller and Watkins. Seriously. I think all three would be cheaper than Davante alone. And Rodgers is a better QB when he doesn't get tunnel vision. Aaron Rodgers in his career has a passer rating of 112.7 with 2,795 yards, 24 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in 11 games without Davante Adams. Yes, his rating is higher when targeting Adams alone. But good playoff teams aren't going to let a single WR beat them.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Prediction. Adams James Jones' it and ends up back with us a few years down the road.

Looking like his contract is mostly fluff and really a 3 year deal. No surprise.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yo, what's Devin Funchess up to these days...? :oops:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Mmhmm
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Labrev wrote:
18 Mar 2022 21:07
Yo, what's Devin Funchess up to these days...? :oops:
I was thinking the same. :lol:
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

The guy who hasn’t caught a regular season pass in like 4 years and who got beat out by Malik Taylor?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
18 Mar 2022 10:12
APB wrote:
18 Mar 2022 10:01
Yoop wrote:
18 Mar 2022 09:39
Adams new the Packers couldn't pay there top two players 80 mil. a season and still compete, so did the FO, thats why Adams is a Raider, all this gossip from Adams agents that the Packers where willing to match that offer has not been confirmed to my knowldge, and even if the FO says it, don't make it true, everyone comment I've heard is designed to appease the fan base.
Adams' own agent has confirmed it. What more proof do you need?
1. Reporter reports it
2. Reporter talks to FO who confirms it
3. Agent Confirms it
4. Yoop doesn't believe it

One group has the story wrong. My money is it isn't the guy in the Upper Penninsula who doesn't believe what the agent, reporter or FO said...but does believe this quote from Adams was real.

Yoop wrote:
17 Mar 2022 19:32

Ya, weird parting remarks, which player contract was he referring to< Rodgers, Campbell ? who knows, It came down to show me the money so everyone will respect me as the best, or I'am off to Vegas, the Radars, and my new home I bought a month ago when this was all rehearsed, now he's gonna act like some signed player stole his money, Love ya Tae, good luck except when playing us. :munch:
:rotf: :rotf: Yoop. I will forever be confounded yet entertained by your calculus on what you decide to buy, disregard, defend and support.
I’m, has anybody called BS on that tweet yet? That is totally fabricated. Unreal.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
19 Mar 2022 09:14
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:
18 Mar 2022 10:01

Adams' own agent has confirmed it. What more proof do you need?
1. Reporter reports it
3. Agent Confirms it

One group has the story wrong. My money is it isn't the guy in the Upper Penninsula who doesn't believe what the agent, reporter or FO said...but does believe this quote from Adams was real.

Yoop wrote:
17 Mar 2022 19:32

Ya, weird parting remarks, which player contract was he referring to< Rodgers, Campbell ? who knows, It came down to show me the money so everyone will respect me as the best, or I'am off to Vegas, the Radars, and my new home I bought a month ago when this was all rehearsed, now he's gonna act like some signed player stole his money, Love ya Tae, good luck except when playing us. :munch:
:rotf: :rotf: Yoop. I will forever be confounded yet entertained by your calculus on what you decide to buy, disregard, defend and support.
I’m, has anybody called BS on that tweet yet? That is totally fabricated. Unreal.
seriously who cares if the remark was true, the reality of the situation is, If Rodgers would have accepted 5 mil less per season it could have been used to buffer the demands Adams wanted, still, if Tae wouldn't take less to play here then why should Rodgers.

the no tampering rule means we where not allowed to know if Adams and the Raiders had worked this trade out prior, but the house purchase a month ago leads me to believe it had been.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

As if Tae couldn’t already have afforded another house…
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BF004 wrote:
19 Mar 2022 09:00
The guy who hasn’t caught a regular season pass in like 4 years and who got beat out by Malik Taylor?
He didn't get beat out by Taylor as a WR. Taylor edged him out with ST value (... so much for that).

As a receiver, he looked good.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
19 Mar 2022 09:33
As if Tae couldn’t already have afforded another house…
didn't say he couldn't, the timing of the purchase does fit the scenario though, I'am completely convinced that tampering, or players and teams talking and making plans under the radar has been going on for ages, and probably with more then one team, long as these talks are kept quiet the league can't say a thing.

Players with some control over where they go will put out feelers to gauge there options, human nature, and interested teams will respond in some fashion.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
19 Mar 2022 09:26
Scott4Pack wrote:
go pak go wrote:

1. Reporter reports it
3. Agent Confirms it

seriously who cares if the remark was true, the reality of the situation is, If Rodgers would have accepted 5 mil less per season it could have been used to buffer the demands Adams wanted, still, if Tae wouldn't take less to play here then why should Rodgers.

the no tampering rule means we where not allowed to know if Adams and the Raiders had worked this trade out prior, but the house purchase a month ago leads me to believe it had been.
We offered Tae more than the Raiders did so it is obvious Davante wanted to go and play for his favorite team growing up. The big thing we have to do now is try to fill in this major void in our WR room this season. I hope we sign a vet FA or make a trade along with drafting a couple of WRs next month.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 21:21

Mmhmm
Basically what I said a couple days ago

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
19 Mar 2022 10:21
Yoop wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

We offered Tae more than the Raiders did so it is obvious Davante wanted to go and play for his favorite team growing up. The big thing we have to do now is try to fill in this major void in our WR room this season. I hope we sign a vet FA or make a trade along with drafting a couple of WRs next month.
I'am not so sure about that offer Pugger, teams, agents, sports media can say anything they want because no one will dispute it, it makes us look good, the Raiders desperate, and the agents smelling all rosy for having two teams ready to bank roll there client, we may have offered one year of 28 plus mil., but 5 years of paying two players a 1/3 of the cap is to big a stretch for me to buy into.

I said it wont be so hard to replace Tae's production, however we have to draft a ready to play stud, if not two, or buy a quality receiver in UFA, bring back Tonyan or another move TE,

Paco's draft taking both Burks and Olave in round one could make this offense just as, if not even more potent then what we've had the last couple years with Adams imo.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
19 Mar 2022 11:03
Pugger wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I'am not so sure about that offer Pugger, teams, agents, sports media can say anything they want because no one will dispute it, it makes us look good, the Raiders desperate, and the agents smelling all rosy for having two teams ready to bank roll there client, we may have offered one year of 28 plus mil., but 5 years of paying two players a 1/3 of the cap is to big a stretch for me to buy into.

I said it wont be so hard to replace Tae's production, however we have to draft a ready to play stud, if not two, or buy a quality receiver in UFA, bring back Tonyan or another move TE,

Paco's draft taking both Burks and Olave in round one could make this offense just as, if not even more potent then what we've had the last couple years with Adams imo.
Adams wanted to be taken care of last year, instead he had to play all year with no guarantees about his future and could have hurt himself and never saw the deal he just signed. He still went hard tho and didn’t loaf. I believe it’s pretty clear the team putting him on hold while they waited to work out the Rodgers situation created a rub that pushed Adams out the door. Despite this he never went public and was a good soldier all along.

This is no conspiracy

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Mar 2022 12:21
Yoop wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Adams wanted to be taken care of last year, instead he had to play all year with no guarantees about his future and could have hurt himself and never saw the deal he just signed. He still went hard tho and didn’t loaf. I believe it’s pretty clear the team putting him on hold while they waited to work out the Rodgers situation created a rub that pushed Adams out the door. Despite this he never went public and was a good soldier all along.

This is no conspiracy
Yeah, playing last year without the extension was a risk that Adams justifiably didn't like. It could've gone horribly wrong, and all smart players want as much guaranteed as possible as early as possible.

Thing is, the reason Gutey couldn't extend Adams was Aaron Rodgers. Without AR committing to GB, the Packers extending Adams made no sense.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
19 Mar 2022 12:34
Drj820 wrote:
19 Mar 2022 12:21
Yoop wrote:

This is no conspiracy
Yeah, playing last year without the extension was a risk that Adams justifiably didn't like. It could've gone horribly wrong, and all smart players want as much guaranteed as possible as early as possible.

Thing is, the reason Gutey couldn't extend Adams was Aaron Rodgers. Without AR committing to GB, the Packers extending Adams made no sense.
Yeah that’s fair that GBs hands were tied in a way because "they" probably thought they HAD to know what Rodgers was going to do first...I’m just saying I believe being put on the back burner hurt the relationship to the point where Adams decided he would be hitting free agency and moving on. For instance, in Adams mind he could have easily seen himself good enough to believe the org should see him as a team staple just like Bahk was seen as a staple no matter who the QB is. If Rodgers is there, the staple Adams needs to be there. If Love is QB, he needs a staple at WR like Adams. So the org may have felt tied up, but Adams may not have given them that excuse.

I do not believe Adams planned to move on all along for the past several years because it was some dream to play in Vegas. I think the way it was handled by the org + the tag caused the low profile split (both parties too classy to let it get ugly)