Davante To Da Raidas for picks 22 and 53

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Mar 2022 12:21
Yoop wrote:
19 Mar 2022 11:03
Pugger wrote:
19 Mar 2022 10:21

We offered Tae more than the Raiders did so it is obvious Davante wanted to go and play for his favorite team growing up. The big thing we have to do now is try to fill in this major void in our WR room this season. I hope we sign a vet FA or make a trade along with drafting a couple of WRs next month.
I'am not so sure about that offer Pugger, teams, agents, sports media can say anything they want because no one will dispute it, it makes us look good, the Raiders desperate, and the agents smelling all rosy for having two teams ready to bank roll there client, we may have offered one year of 28 plus mil., but 5 years of paying two players a 1/3 of the cap is to big a stretch for me to buy into.

I said it wont be so hard to replace Tae's production, however we have to draft a ready to play stud, if not two, or buy a quality receiver in UFA, bring back Tonyan or another move TE,

Paco's draft taking both Burks and Olave in round one could make this offense just as, if not even more potent then what we've had the last couple years with Adams imo.
Adams wanted to be taken care of last year, instead he had to play all year with no guarantees about his future and could have hurt himself and never saw the deal he just signed. He still went hard tho and didn’t loaf. I believe it’s pretty clear the team putting him on hold while they waited to work out the Rodgers situation created a rub that pushed Adams out the door. Despite this he never went public and was a good soldier all along.

This is no conspiracy
From most accounts Adams had a deal on the table paying him more than the Hopkins deal last year to sign, but he wanted it to be better than Hopkins new money piece, and the Packers wanted to pay him based off Hopkins total contract

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The REAL farewell statement from Davante Adams. Class act through and through.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

What a nice note to the Packers and us fans. He will be sorely missed. Now all we hope for is a vet and a couple of draft choices to fill Adams considerably large cleats going forward. :heart: :raiders:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I'll say this, I'm probably going to be a low-key Raiders fan this year.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Il always root for 17. Great Packer, Great Player, Great Family man.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Mar 2022 18:28
Il always root for 17. Great Packer, Great Player, Great Family man.
Same. Nothing but love and respect for that man.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

texas wrote:
17 Mar 2022 19:15
:shock:
Stop and think for a second who is or is not "ALL IN" for the Packers. Or another way to think about it .......... who was or was not "ALL IN" for the Packers. HINT: The "who" person is not Davante.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Screenshot_20220319-220751_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220319-220751_Facebook.jpg (441.82 KiB) Viewed 417 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Is there anyone here that dislikes Davante Adams? :rotf: didn't think so, it's unanimous then, we all Love you Tae, and hope you continue to dominate the competition, except when you play against us :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
20 Mar 2022 09:13
Is there anyone here that dislikes Davante Adams? :rotf: didn't think so, it's unanimous then, we all Love you Tae, and hope you continue to dominate the competition, except when you play against us :aok:
:clap:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

So: Davante took less money from the Raiders than what GB offered. Why would he do that? Because he is a Raider's fan - I doubt it.

Much more likely it is something that he knows about somebody that the rest of us do not know. And that somebody is #12.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Really? We're stirring this pot again?

Pretty sure Adam's had a good idea this deal was going down after a week+ of contract negotiations with the Raiders. If not, that's a failure of his agent, not the Packers. Hell, I'd guess it was his own agent who leaked the trade news in the first place. :roll:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I literally LOL'd when I read this...

Nagler from the top rope!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I was on vacation the last week and a half, so haven't been visiting this place, but anyone else a bit worried about who the heck Rodgers is going to throw to next year?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
23 Mar 2022 16:29
I was on vacation the last week and a half, so haven't been visiting this place, but anyone else a bit worried about who the heck Rodgers is going to throw to next year?
I’m not really worried about it. I want the team to be forced to run the ball more. This should help that. We have a lot of draft capital too. I think we can find two good WRs that start out rocky and hopefully are ready by December to perform.

Also I hope we add one or two vets that are mid level. I think it’ll be fine.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur