Paco's Mock thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Paco's Mock thread

Post by paco »

Instead of starting a new thread for each, I'm just going to keep posting them in this one. That way, you only have to ignore 1. See? I'm a man of the people!

I see 2 scenarios. Packers continue to build up the D in the draft and look to fill the WR need in FA and not in round 1 or maybe even 2. Or the Packers go big on WR early and often. So here are 2 mocks I did, 1 for each scenario.

I like this draft for those top 3 defenders. Should help now and in the future. Plus there are still things to like about the 2 WRs. For the TE, take your pick of Likely or McBride there, maybe Wydermyer too. And I like the depth pieces later in the draft.
image.png
image.png (53.94 KiB) Viewed 546 times

Burks and Olave in the 1st, Ok! Again, pick your TE. Not as much help up front early. But I also just don't know guys as well. Rodgers should be happy with this draft.
image.png
image.png (53.7 KiB) Viewed 546 times
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That first mock is lit! Still getting Pierce and Ross at WR despite waiting is pretty ideal in a “waiting” scenario.

Wyatt changes this defense. Karloftis fits a lot of what we’ve looked for and is good value there but I don’tlove the player. He seems limited, which doesn’t mean he won’t be good but does go against our “elite athletes early” vibe that I really enjoy about Gutey

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Smoke Monday :shock: :heart: :toke:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm really falling in love with the idea of taking a DT and Safety in our first 3 selections.

Wyatt, Davis, Leal, Winfrey, Cine, Brisker are all players I like a lot with our 28 and 53 pick.

Our 22 pick I like WRs like Burkes, Olave, Williams or Edge rushers like Johnson.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Mar 2022 14:52
That first mock is lit! Still getting Pierce and Ross at WR despite waiting is pretty ideal in a “waiting” scenario.

Wyatt changes this defense. Karloftis fits a lot of what we’ve looked for and is good value there but I don’tlove the player. He seems limited, which doesn’t mean he won’t be good but does go against our “elite athletes early” vibe that I really enjoy about Gutey
Yeah, I really like it too. We'll obviously trade around some too, but staying put this turned out well.

Karlaftis is in interesting option. But I like the fact that he can be a role player and learn behind Preston and Gary. Plus, he's only turning 21 in April. But I agree on your thoughts. He may not be high on Gutey's list. But if Ojabo is hurt badly, that will help his stock.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 14:52
Smoke Monday :shock: :heart: :toke:
Yep, gotta be high on the best names list. get it? High. :rotf:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
18 Mar 2022 14:57
I'm really falling in love with the idea of taking a DT and Safety in our first 3 selections.

Wyatt, Davis, Leal, Winfrey, Cine, Brisker are all players I like a lot with our 28 and 53 pick.

Our 22 pick I like WRs like Burkes, Olave, Williams or Edge rushers like Johnson.
I like it too. The only thing I wonder about Jermaine Johnson is does Gutey think he's too old?
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

How does either of those drafts sort out with the age of the round 1 guys? We know that Guty likes they young guys with lots of upside!

And I still love the idea of MORE speed across the roster.

Anyhow, good work!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I've been playing around with TDN's simulator as well. I like Tom as a developmental guy in the mids. The name Smoke Monday also definitely caught my eye, and it sounds like he's a quality ST candidate, which we will need. Rasheed Walker is another OL I like.

I can also low-key dig the Day 2 safety, depending on what the skill-set is. I did something similar in one of my sims, took Pitre to play as a "chess piece" around the front-seven ala Minkah Fitz. I've been wanting that kind of player for a while. I doubt our guys will make that move, but I would support it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
19 Mar 2022 09:31
How does either of those drafts sort out with the age of the round 1 guys? We know that Guty likes they young guys with lots of upside!

Anyhow, good work!
Karlaftis is young, Wyatt turns 24 end of this month. So there may be concerns there if you don't think he's getting major snaps right away.

Olave and Burks, no concerns about age on those 2.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
19 Mar 2022 10:29
Scott4Pack wrote:

Anyhow, good work!
Karlaftis is young, Wyatt turns 24 end of this month. So there may be concerns there if you don't think he's getting major snaps right away.

not sure Gute would double up at WR in round one, but those two would fortify this offense really well for years to come, both are pro game ready and would make this offense more potent then it has been in years, plus we get Jenkins Myers and Bahk back to help the blocking and this offense will be hard to stop. :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Anyhow, good work!

Damn. Wyatt is that old?

I like Burks a bit better as a WR, but Olave is so much better on paper.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
19 Mar 2022 11:06
paco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Anyhow, good work!

Damn. Wyatt is that old?

I like Burks a bit better as a WR, but Olave is so much better on paper.
Was a surprise to me too. I like him and Jermaine Johnson a lot. But we don't draft 24 year olds in the 1st.
RIP JustJeff

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

2nd draft would be perfect.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Latest go. Skipped the 7th. Green could start inside or RT. Lots of receiving help as well as Edge and safety depth, and a run stuffer.

I can't seem to not pick 2 TE's in this draft, despite not being enamored with any of them as immediate contributors.
image.png
image.png (45.08 KiB) Viewed 406 times
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
22 Mar 2022 10:10
Latest go. Skipped the 7th. Green could start inside or RT. Lots of receiving help as well as Edge and safety depth, and a run stuffer.

I can't seem to not pick 2 TE's in this draft, despite not being enamored with any of them as immediate contributors.

image.png
You have the same first round as Kiper’s latest for us. Weird.

I love most of the individual names. Hate the double TE trend. With Tonyan back, who of Lewis, Deguara, Tonyan, Dafney is getting cut for a guy who isn’t contributing Year one? Not to mention promise in Davis. I don’t want to take a TE until so late that they’re a PS candidate given the roster situation. But McBride where you got him is great value AND Jelani Woods is my go-to. We could make room for one. Not both.

Ridgeway is a great DT value but mostly run-only. We need more interior pass rush, so I’d be disappointed if he’s our only DT. But I like him.

Absolutely abhor using a 1st on an iOL. Crushing waste of resources in a draft this deep at needed positions. He’s not a day one RT starter that would upgrade Nijman, then why are we targeting him? I would riot like yoop if we take a round one guard.

No quarrel with the second round. Two good players at potential need positions at good value. I guess I’d say I’d rather have a S that’s more of a nickel slot defender Sager hybrid than a true safety, but Savage and Amos could reach out both be gone soon, so I’m not upset at an early true safety.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also love the thread and the work and the thoughts and the effort. Sorry if I sound too negative.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Mar 2022 11:29
paco wrote:
22 Mar 2022 10:10

image.png
You have the same first round as Kiper’s latest for us. Weird.

I love most of the individual names. Hate the double TE trend. With Tonyan back, who of Lewis, Deguara, Tonyan, Dafney is getting cut for a guy who isn’t contributing Year one? Not to mention promise in Davis. I don’t want to take a TE until so late that they’re a PS candidate given the roster situation. But McBride where you got him is great value AND Jelani Woods is my go-to. We could make room for one. Not both.

Ridgeway is a great DT value but mostly run-only. We need more interior pass rush, so I’d be disappointed if he’s our only DT. But I like him.

Absolutely abhor using a 1st on an iOL. Crushing waste of resources in a draft this deep at needed positions. He’s not a day one RT starter that would upgrade Nijman, then why are we targeting him? I would riot like yoop if we take a round one guard.

No quarrel with the second round. Two good players at potential need positions at good value. I guess I’d say I’d rather have a S that’s more of a nickel slot defender Sager hybrid than a true safety, but Savage and Amos could reach out both be gone soon, so I’m not upset at an early true safety.

Shoot me now, same as Kiper? Now I know that's a throw-away. I agree with you on the double TE thing. Just falls that way for me due to my lack of knowledge on other guys. I'll make an effort going forward to not get 2. But really wouldn't be surprised if we picked up 1 of the top TE's. Jelani is probably my favorite.

Agree also on Ridgeway. But I could see them going to Slaton for more pass rush and be able to move Clark around more if you have a dedicated run guy in Ridgeway. But agree, we need more bodies there.

Good to know on Green. I thought I read people thought he could start at RT right away. I do not like going OL early either. But if they were to do it, it should be for a starting RT. To me, Elgton should stay as our LG. Nijman would be the swing tackle and potentially be Bakh's replacement in a year or 2 if we went that direction. I said it, but let's not open that can of worms yet. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to go OL early. We can get by until Elgton is ready to come back.

I don't know the safeties well, so mostly putting a name there. There seem to be a few. But I do like the idea of getting a 3rd one for the reasons you mentioned. And the fact we play with 3 on the field pretty often.

Thanks a lot for the input. Throwing out a lot of stuff hoping for this feedback. Negative or positive, I want to hear it!
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
22 Mar 2022 12:05
I don't know the safeties well, so mostly putting a name there. There seem to be a few. But I do like the idea of getting a 3rd one for the reasons you mentioned. And the fact we play with 3 on the field pretty often.
Yeah, Cine would be an immediate Henry Black upgrade and fill a starting role if one of our guys go.

I like Petri as like a possible Chandon Sullivan upgrade who also could later fill a starting safety role of one of our guys go.

But either can be considered a good use of resources.

And some people probably consider Green a potential RT starter, but to me he's an NFL G all day long. Feels like using a first round pick to account for Jenkins' ACL injury, to me, which is not a great use of resources. After cutting Turner I can see taking an OT early, but we genuinely do have a young starting OL with experience at this point, even before Jenkins gets back, and so for me any OL is going to make more sense in the 3rd-5th rounds like we normally do than any earlier

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Is there a go-to place for prospect game cutups this year?