Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
18 Mar 2022 09:47
paco wrote:
18 Mar 2022 07:28
APB wrote:
18 Mar 2022 06:27

Metcalf is going into the final year of his rookie contract. He has already had notable issues with the Seattle coaching staff and I wouldn't be surprised if they let him walk following this season. With a rebuild in progress and Lockett already locked up long term, wouldn't it make sense to unload DK now at his max value? After all, I doubt he sees a value spike following a year of Locke throwing him the ball.
Makes more sense for Seattle to dump Lockett and commit to Metcalf. But if they are dead-set on keeping Pete around, then Metcalf is probably gone if there are issues like you say (I haven't heard about those).
Seattle would realize a ~$31 mil dead cap hit trading Lockett. They would incur a $338k dead cap hit trading Metcalf.

Regarding the issues:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/326 ... ot-grow-up
Yep, I know. But I also think Seahawks should be in straight rebuild mode. Wilson gone, Carroll should be gone. Instead they throw insane money at safeties. I don't know what they are doing there.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Multiple reports indicated the only thing holding up the Rasul Douglas re-up was the Davante Adams situation. Well, that’s been resolved a couple days now.

Is there reason for concern there?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

On trading for a WR, I’d be good with Robert Woods. Always been a fan of his and I think AR would welcome his route running abilities.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
19 Mar 2022 14:20
Not sure if Silverstein meant to say this or not...but his tweet kind of screams the status of our WR group, as well as MVS abilities.

"MVS come here and we are of such low quality you can start!" vs "Go elsewhere and you may be too low quality to start!"

MVS is a borderline starter because he is basically a one trick pony, and that trick doesnt typically age too well. Il take him if we must, but would hope we could do better if he really wants 10m. He is very much a "play often through his rookie deal and then draft another just like him" kind of guy.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Mar 2022 14:26
paco wrote:
19 Mar 2022 14:20
Not sure if Silverstein meant to say this or not...but his tweet kind of screams the status of our WR group, as well as MVS abilities.

"MVS come here and we are of such low quality you can start!" vs "Go elsewhere and you may be too low quality to start!"

MVS is a borderline starter because he is basically a one trick pony, and that trick doesnt typically age too well. Il take him if we must, but would hope we could do better if he really wants 10m. He is very much a "play often through his rookie deal and then draft another just like him" kind of guy.
I think you’re undercutting just how far MVS developed over the final 1.5 yrs with the Packers. He was far from a one-trick pony. Many of his routes and catches were of the sort required of quality and refined WRs.

I’m not saying MVS can step in and replace Davante’s production but he’s far from the backup scrub you’re framing him here. I’d personally welcome MVS back at $8ish mil/yr.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Other than the Rodgers contract, I am now content with this off-season. Knew we'd lose some good players but am pleasantly surprised with who we were all able to retain and the draft assets gained. I have much excitement for this team going forward.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

APB wrote:
19 Mar 2022 16:52
Other than the Rodgers contract, I am now content with this off-season. Knew we'd lose some good players but am pleasantly surprised with who we were all able to retain and the draft assets gained. I have much excitement for this team going forward.
In my mind it has been the perfect offseason.

Kept rasul and Campbell at the price we did.

Got a first and 2nd for Adams and didn't have to pay top money to 30 yr old receiver.

Of course got Rodgers back.

Now just have to fix the wr position in fa and draft and we good.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

"Hmm" Intensifies... :o

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
19 Mar 2022 17:02

remember when Funchess made the off hand remark about asian peoples eyes in the preseason post game presser and then was cut shortly after and not picked up? I wonder if that had anything to do with his lack of employment. He seemed good enough for a 53 man roster somewhere to me.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

bud fox wrote:
19 Mar 2022 16:58
APB wrote:
19 Mar 2022 16:52
In my mind it has been the perfect offseason.

Kept rasul and Campbell at the price we did.

Got a first and 2nd for Adams and didn't have to pay top money to 30 yr old receiver.

Of course got Rodgers back.

Now just have to fix the wr position in fa and draft and we good.
Also have to find a way to stop the run on D. Another legit big on the DL and a safety interested in tackling.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Labrev wrote:
19 Mar 2022 17:02

Just an FYI - Almost every post by Devin over the past 6 months is of this ilk. He regularly posts Zen like stuff too. I don’t think this has much to do with the Packers.
Love is the answer…

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Big Bobby back for 1 more run

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
19 Mar 2022 18:10
Big Bobby back for 1 more run
Yep! Thread started. Share your thoughts!

https://packers-huddle.com/phpBB/viewt ... ?f=2&t=946

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Whoever breaks the news here on signing should make new threads :beer2:

Now [mention]APB[/mention] has to waste his time splitting topics.

Thanks APB for all your hard work!!
:lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

:rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Mar 2022 21:11
:rotf:

Whad R Ya ........... freakin' nuts? Or just EFFEN nuts? Or just EFFEN freakin' nuts? Who is this guy anyway? :nuts: :rotfl:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

You gotta think this is just the first step.

Those season ticket holders who just sell-for-profit or regularly finance their season ticket purchases by selling off big games on secondary markets: your time is coming.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Wouldn’t hold your breath but…