Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
23 Mar 2022 12:49
Am I the only one that remembers Tyreek Hill beat his pregnant girlfriend? I wouldn't have wanted him on the Packers. Good luck, Miami.
Whereas ur opinion is noble it is not realistic.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Mar 2022 13:01
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Am I the only one that remembers Tyreek Hill beat his pregnant girlfriend? I wouldn't have wanted him on the Packers. Good luck, Miami.
You are not the only one.
Amen to that...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Realist wrote:
23 Mar 2022 13:06
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
You're right. It's just not realistic to expect Miami to have good luck; I should've known better. Instead I'll say: "Best wishes, Miami."
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

That seems like a better haul then the Packers got for Adams… ouch 😣

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
23 Mar 2022 13:11
Realist wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
You're right. It's just not realistic to expect Miami to have good luck; I should've known better. Instead I'll say: "Best wishes, Miami."
Choir boys and boy scouts are the secret to winning. Have the packers ever had a turd on the team? Or is getting caught the key? I think you know better crazylegs.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gunzaan wrote:
23 Mar 2022 13:21
He is almost a full 2 years younger, so that helps. Plus it was 2 different situations. But Adams deal and now this one will be starting points for other top receivers should they get traded.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
23 Mar 2022 13:57
Gunzaan wrote:
He is almost a full 2 years younger, so that helps. Plus it was 2 different situations. But Adams deal and now this one will be starting points for other top receivers should they get traded.
It's a little closer than it seems.

22 and 53 are worth 1150 on the value chart
29 and 50 are worth 1060, so the extra picks make up some of the difference in value of the first pick. But any way you slice it, 5 picks is a great return.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Realist wrote:
23 Mar 2022 13:56
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
23 Mar 2022 13:11
Realist wrote:

Choir boys and boy scouts are the secret to winning. Have the packers ever had a turd on the team? Or is getting caught the key? I think you know better crazylegs.
There are moral differences between what most “bad person” athletes do and what this piece of crap did. Getting busted with weed, performance-enhancing drugs, cheating on your wife, hell even betting on your own team’s games versus beating your pregnant girlfriend.

I think most people with any semblance of a moral compass can see the difference. I’ll take the guy smoking too much weed or betting on games over the guy who beats his pregnant girlfriend - every day of the week.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So Dolphins have now added Tyreek Hill and Cedric Wilson to their WR core that already featured Jalen Waddle, Devonte Parker, Preston Williams, and Allen Hurns. Don't forget they also have Mike Gesicki at TE, as well.

I gotta think they're looking to move one of those guys.
  • I'm guessing they'll want to hold onto Waddle but, if available, I'd love to have him.
  • Parker would add ~$6m in cap expense this year and ~$6.3 next year.
  • Hurns is in his final year of contract at ~$2.6m cap cost.
  • Smith is also in the final year of his contract with ~$1.0m cap charge.
So who, if any, are worth a late round offer? Maybe you just wait to see who gets cut and give chase on a new deal?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
23 Mar 2022 14:57
So Dolphins have now added Tyreek Hill and Cedric Wilson to their WR core that already featured Jalen Waddle, Devonte Parker, Preston Williams, and Allen Hurns. Don't forget they also have Mike Gesicki at TE, as well.

• I'm guessing they'll want to hold onto Waddle but, if available, I'd love to have him.
So who, if any, are worth a late round offer? Maybe you just wait to see who gets cut and give chase on a new deal?
I gotta say, it's a little weird. It feels like a flag football team out there. It's all wiry fast guys, pretty much. A strange mix for Tua's lack of arm strength, though they could do a lot of horizontal stuff to create space and YAC, but I mean, I get that there are a TON of weapons, but even Gesicki is like a big WR playing TE, making him a small (or thin) TE (something like 80% of his snaps were not in-line)

I'm sure they'll get theirs, but man, there's so little complementary there. So much of the same.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Mar 2022 15:18
APB wrote:
23 Mar 2022 14:57

I gotta say, it's a little weird. It feels like a flag football team out there. It's all wiry fast guys, pretty much. A strange mix for Tua's lack of arm strength, though they could do a lot of horizontal stuff to create space and YAC, but I mean, I get that there are a TON of weapons, but even Gesicki is like a big WR playing TE, making him a small (or thin) TE (something like 80% of his snaps were not in-line)

I'm sure they'll get theirs, but man, there's so little complementary there. So much of the same.
The packers also have so much of the same. We just prefer big framed slow guys.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gunzaan wrote:
I’d have to check, but I think we got more draft capital, given we got pick 22 and a better 2nd and they get what, 30?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Mar 2022 15:19
The packers also have so much of the same. We just prefer big framed slow guys.
ummmm no.

Adams, Cobb, MVS, and Lazard do not represent "sameness."
(4.56), (4.46), (4.37), (4.7)

Tonyan and Lewis and Deguara do not represent "sameness"

Jones and Dillon do not represent "sameness"

The Packers have had a variety of different speeds, body types, and physicalities over the years.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

paco wrote:
23 Mar 2022 13:57
Gunzaan wrote:
Well Davante was the highest paid receiver for 1 week. Hope he got the most of it.

Now it seems pretty unlikely the Packers will trade for DK Metcalf. After what Miami shelled out for Hill, the draft capital will be too high.
Love is the answer…

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Some fuel for the Rodgers failures crowd.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This cracked me up…

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
23 Mar 2022 17:53

Most amazing, least surprising, statistic I think I’ll ever see.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
23 Mar 2022 18:32
NCF wrote:
23 Mar 2022 17:53

Most amazing, least surprising, statistic I think I’ll ever see.
Surprising statistic ......... but not a surprising reality (just ask Realist or Skeptic if you don't believe me). Look who has been quarterbacking and coaching those teams. Look who has not been "ALL IN" all these years. The coaching and play calling has only been mildly innovative. And the QB is the QB (kind of like the Browns are the Browns).

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Here's one list of players that left the Packers to play for the Vikings.

Brett Favre
Desmond Bishop
Robert Ferguson
Greg Jennings
Ryan Longwell
Darren Sharper
Za’Darius Smith
Jan Stenerud

People tend to forget that Dale Hackbart likely started all of this turncoat nonsense. A Wisconsin Badger - Green Bay Packer who went purple on us. Then there was Carroll Dale.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Fair trade, we got the gravedigger!!