Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Of course they asked. They would be idiots not to. I imagine the response they received will be enough to leave it at that.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Seattle would take on a lot of dead money by trading Lockett, they literally just signed him.

It would have to be a post June 1st trade.

Not sure if there is some kind of work around we can do to provide some draft compensation for this year.

I don’t think he’d be cheap to get. Only 6.5 million in salary this year, so Seattle doesn’t have a ton of incentive to trade him. Be easier to make life easier on your new qb this year and just trade him next year.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
23 Mar 2022 12:41
You gotta think this is just the first step.

Those season ticket holders who just sell-for-profit or regularly finance their season ticket purchases by selling off big games on secondary markets: your time is coming.

I sure hope this first step is the beginning of it .......... and wish this was the case today across the entire NFL for every ticket for every game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Having zero secondary ticket market is absolutely a terrible idea.

Absolutely should have some regulations. But the idea of "first person in line" gets the ticket is not fair either.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2022 06:30

Absolutely should have some regulations. But the idea of "first person in line" gets the ticket is not fair either.
Sounds like the Packers are moving to make themselves the masters of the Packers ticket secondary market. They can force ticketholders to sell back to the org - with processing fees, of course - then resell those tickets at a significant discount to current secondary rates - also including processing fees.

It's a win for fans and a win for the org in their eyes.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
24 Mar 2022 06:48
go pak go wrote:

Sounds like the Packers are moving to make themselves the masters of the Packers ticket secondary market. They can force ticketholders to sell back to the org - with processing fees, of course - then resell those tickets at a significant discount to current secondary rates - also including processing fees.

I don't see this extending to season ticket holders, I'd bet 30% of season ticket holders sell tickets to off set seasonal ticket cost.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2022 07:51
APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I don't see this extending to season ticket holders, I'd bet 30% of season ticket holders sell tickets to off set seasonal ticket cost.
I'd bet it's higher than 30%. Much higher.

Which is why I think the Packers are moving toward this. It's an untapped revenue stream that actually benefits the non-season ticket holding fan who wants to affordably see a live game.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
24 Mar 2022 09:56
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Which is why I think the Packers are moving toward this. It's an untapped revenue stream that actually benefits the non-season ticket holding fan who wants to affordably see a live game.
I think your right, selling and buying season tickets is big biz.

https://www.greenbayticketservice.com/S ... rs-Tickets

the waiting list for season tickets is now at 135,000, yearly turnover is about 7,000, at that rate the wait is just over 19 years.

I believe a STH should be able to sell a few games, recoup some of the full package cost, my uncle did that and once he died my cousin continued selling a few, he died 4 years ago and since no one in the family wanted them they where given back to the team to sell to someone on the waiting list.

tickets are a huge expense, those 4 tickets where in my uncles family since 1957, section 122 row 40 right behind the Packer bench, my uncle use to brag that he could sell them for 2 and 3 times package cost, so he sold a few, when your a working man shelling out 4 grand for tickets, sacrifices have to be made, heck they where 4K years back, I bet those 4 go for 6 K now.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Unless demand is just so high. If demand is high, the way to get a ticket, even in the secondary market, comes down to either "first in line" or price.

The benefit of the team holding tickets means ticket prices may be lower on lower demand games because the Packers don't "eat" the ticket, but yet again most of your secondary ticket holders will lower their ticket price too simply to dump them.

The only advantage I can see of restricting the secondary market is you simply increase the supply on the secondary market by removing season ticket holders who have no actual or real connection to the Packers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

While I am concerned about the current state of the Packers WR room, I'm not sad that we didn't pay MVS $10 million a year. He was a speed guy with not the best hands, we can draft to replace that. I won't worry until I see what the final roster starts looking like.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Interesting article on the Acme website about DeVante Parker. Hasn’t had great seasons the past 2 years with Tua as QB with short passing game. But did pretty well when the Dolphins had Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB in 2019. Probably could be had for a low draft pick.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-t ... er-edition
Love is the answer…

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’ve never been a Parker fan, stemming from the draft whenever way back when.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

With MVS out, we have a dire need for speed on offense. The lack thereof was always pretty noticeable when he was sidelined.

Cooks is my top acquisition target easily. He only turns 29 this year. He was a low 4.3 guy, a lot of speed to spare; we could give him an extension and he'd still probably have decent speed into his early 30s.

Offer up our 3rd. We suck in that round anyway. If they want more, make it a conditional 2023 pick based on how it works out for us, go up to a 2nd if the return is great; 1st if he helps get us a Lombardi.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
24 Mar 2022 19:35
With MVS out, we have a dire need for speed on offense. The lack thereof was always pretty noticeable when he was sidelined.

Cooks is my top acquisition target easily. He only turns 29 this year. He was a low 4.3 guy, a lot of speed to spare; we could give him an extension and he'd still probably have decent speed into his early 30s.

Offer up our 3rd. We suck in that round anyway. If they want more, make it a conditional 2023 pick based on how it works out for us, go up to a 2nd if the return is great; 1st if he helps get us a Lombardi.
I saw someone else mention Cooks. Could be a good move. I think we sign or trade someone before the draft. But most of the work is going to be done post draft.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

It's been joked about a lot. But where are all these guys wanting to play with Rodgers?
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

And bankruptcy the regular season ticket holders who may have had them in the family for 40 to 60 years.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 Mar 2022 21:36
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

And bankruptcy the regular season ticket holders who may have had them in the family for 40 to 60 years.
At least they have their stock certificates to fall back on.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 Mar 2022 21:36
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Along that line, I would expect quite a few season ticket cancellations if the Packers carry this all the way through. It is likely the Packers view those 117k fans waiting in line as ample insurance against any seat vacancies, though.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

This could potentially be a worse WR core than the 2005 squad.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Acrobat wrote:
24 Mar 2022 22:18
This could potentially be a worse WR core than the 2005 squad.
Only if we promote practice squad players to fill out the rest of the WR slots….ala Ted Thompson.
Love is the answer…