Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Mar 2022 15:34
Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2022 15:31
APB wrote:
24 Mar 2022 15:24

1 - "Black listed"? :nono: Haven't you heard? You can't use that term anymore. You're being insensitive, yoop.

2 - gives topic review we've all heard a gabillion times over then closes by saying "the rest of your spiel isn't even worth responding to". :messedup:
<snip>
Nobody wants to come to GB and play with GM Rodgers because he’s unclean. Unvaxxed. Yucky.
lol

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2022 15:57
Drj820 wrote:
24 Mar 2022 15:34
Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2022 15:31

<snip>
Nobody wants to come to GB and play with GM Rodgers because he’s unclean. Unvaxxed. Yucky.
lol
Lmao
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Aaron is great, but he's not the beach.

The players who choose Aaron instead of the beach, I want some of those!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Random thought: with the way the WR market has exploded, you think Antonio Brown has any behavioral regrets running through his nugget...?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
24 Mar 2022 16:09
Random thought: with the way the WR market has exploded, you think Antonio Brown has any behavioral regrets running through his nugget...?
Haha

At this point we should be giving AB, TO, and Keyshawn a call.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I don't think Kaep has the skills to play in the league anymore, and that's why he's not employed now.

But I do think he was unfairly cast out while he had a chance at a long QB career.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Mar 2022 16:12
I don't think Kaep has the skills to play in the league anymore, and that's why he's not employed now.

But I do think he was unfairly cast out while he had a chance at a long QB career.
When you act in ways that directly and significantly affect the way your employer is perceived and negatively affects his revenue gains, there will be consequences. Kaep made that choice of his own volition. Fair got nuthin' to do with it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

He wanted attention and he got it. I think the whole thing grew way beyond what he thought or even intended but actions have consequences. Teams are allowed to judge character and fair or not, it cost him. I am not naive enough to say color was not involved, but I do think it was also more than just that.

I think if he was a better QB teams would be lining up for him like they did for Watson. The talent/distraction ratio is not in his favor.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Mar 2022 16:46
He wanted attention and he got it. I think the whole thing grew way beyond what he thought or even intended but actions have consequences. Teams are allowed to judge character and fair or not, it cost him. I am not naive enough to say color was not involved, but I do think it was also more than just that.

I think if he was a better QB teams would be lining up for him like they did for Watson. The talent/distraction ratio is not in his favor.
no one ever said he was Watson good, or Wilson, or half of the other QB's in the league, simply that he was and probably still is better then some who are starting, and while he probably would be a distraction now whether he acted like a choir boy or not, he was un rightly snubbed years back, I supported what Kaepernick did, and I will be proud that I did till the day I die.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2022 17:11
NCF wrote:

no one ever said he was Watson good, or Wilson, or half of the other QB's in the league, simply that he was and probably still is better then some who are starting, and while he probably would be a distraction now whether he acted like a choir boy or not, he was un rightly snubbed years back, I supported what Kaepernick did, and I will be proud that I did till the day I die.
Personally I wasn’t a big fan of the Castro tshirts and socks at practice with cops being depicted as pigs.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Mar 2022 17:22
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

Personally I wasn’t a big fan of the Castro tshirts and socks at practice with cops being depicted as pigs.
I wouldn't know anything about that stuff, nor do I generally just categorize pigs, whoops I mean cops :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2022 17:39
Drj820 wrote:
24 Mar 2022 17:22
Yoop wrote:

I wouldn't know anything about that stuff, nor do I generally just categorize pigs, whoops I mean cops :lol:
Oh well doing that sort of thing on the job has the tendency to affect someones future job prospects in the same industry

Personally, I have a problem with a lot of stuff that many cops do...but I’m not going to stage a protest about them while I am at my job because i want to keep my job, and I wouldn’t want to put them in a bad light when they had nothing to do with it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If you're the Seahawks, why not sign him? At least it will provide something interesting to watch on that dumpster fire roster. And I mean, it's Seattle, so you are better equipped to handle the backlash.

Then again, maybe not. If you're the brass and your peers will be annoyed at you for bringing that into the sport, the reward likely is not lucrative enough.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not sure I got an appropriate emoji to express my emotion on this.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2022 18:41

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
24 Mar 2022 19:42
BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2022 18:41

Happy we get to play him. He sucks.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Captain_Ben wrote:
24 Mar 2022 14:44
Raptorman wrote:
24 Mar 2022 11:23
Spoiler
APB wrote:
24 Mar 2022 10:54

The media and his backers have conveniently forgotten Kaep just isn't a very good QB. His career passer rating is equal to the season Davis Mills had last year. Yippee.

kaep.PNG

It's gotten to the point where I just wish somebody would sign him, let him fail, and get this annual drama over with.
59% completion rate says is all. I need to look at nothing else but that. If your completion rate is below 65%, you better have something else to back you up. And sorry, he doesn't.
I'm certainly no Kaep apologist but isn't 65% setting the bar pretty high? There are a lot of great QB's with a career completion % under that.
Name the last QB to win a Super Bowl with a career percentage below60%.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
24 Mar 2022 20:43
Captain_Ben wrote:
24 Mar 2022 14:44
Raptorman wrote:
24 Mar 2022 11:23
Spoiler
59% completion rate says is all. I need to look at nothing else but that. If your completion rate is below 65%, you better have something else to back you up. And sorry, he doesn't.
I'm certainly no Kaep apologist but isn't 65% setting the bar pretty high? There are a lot of great QB's with a career completion % under that.
Name the last QB to win a Super Bowl with a career percentage below60%.
59%,,,,,,,,,,,60% ya gonna say a guy can't do something based on 1 ( ONE ) percentage point? :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
24 Mar 2022 20:58
I didn't get a feeling that we wanted him back :idn: wish him well, he did a good job for us.