MVS to Chiefs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
25 Mar 2022 08:48
Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2022 08:25
Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Mar 2022 08:12

Yes. But I have to admit that I have been looking more at what remains of his upside. He still has been improving and he's a willing hustle guy and a good enough blocker. I always want guys like that. Maybe he doesn't stack up as WR2. But he's a fine #3 for sure.
well I just showed you that his play did increase up to last year where it declined back to pre 2020 season, 52% completion rate wouldn't have kept him employed by us if not for his fourty time, his speed helps others get open, and that in my mind is the reason he's being paid so well.

it's his speed that keeps him on the field, so in that sense I tend to agree, he is a #3 receiver in a 3 receiver set, I wish we could have kept him simply because in a 4 receiver set all he has to do is run a go route and one of those other 3 is bound to be open, not having MVS ( or another that can stretch a secondary) will make it much harder for guys like Lazard, and other that already struggle beating 1x1 coverage.
You don't need to pay $10m/yr for a WR3 speed guy. You draft one in the 4th round in a couple weeks.
Exactly. MVS can be found in the draft.

MVS Stats

Catches Yards TDs
2018: 38 581 2
2019: 26 452 2
2020: 33 690 6
2021: 26 430 3

His second best year as a pro was his rookie year. We can find a rookie to give us what he was giving us. He was giving us the threat of a long ball. He was also dropping alot of passes. That long ball threat is very important to the chiefs, and it should be important to the Packers...but it can be found for MUCH cheaper than 10m per.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
25 Mar 2022 08:48
Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2022 08:25
Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Mar 2022 08:12

Yes. But I have to admit that I have been looking more at what remains of his upside. He still has been improving and he's a willing hustle guy and a good enough blocker. I always want guys like that. Maybe he doesn't stack up as WR2. But he's a fine #3 for sure.
well I just showed you that his play did increase up to last year where it declined back to pre 2020 season, 52% completion rate wouldn't have kept him employed by us if not for his fourty time, his speed helps others get open, and that in my mind is the reason he's being paid so well.

it's his speed that keeps him on the field, so in that sense I tend to agree, he is a #3 receiver in a 3 receiver set, I wish we could have kept him simply because in a 4 receiver set all he has to do is run a go route and one of those other 3 is bound to be open, not having MVS ( or another that can stretch a secondary) will make it much harder for guys like Lazard, and other that already struggle beating 1x1 coverage.
You don't need to pay $10m/yr for a WR3 speed guy. You draft one in the 4th round in a couple weeks.
good plan

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Mar 2022 08:55
We can find a rookie to give us what he was giving us. He was giving us the threat of a long ball. He was also dropping alot of passes. That long ball threat is very important to the chiefs, and it should be important to the Packers...but it can be found for MUCH cheaper than 10m per.
I agree. There must be some limited receivers in college who are lightning fast but not all that good at catching when covered (but can catch well enough when left alone) and hence far from first round picks. They could have a limited role as a receiver who does no more than charge up the field to distract the defense. By all means throw him the ball if the defense doesn't go with him; but if he is covered, then let the rest of the receivers make use of the space.

They might even be able to improve special teams, if that were possible! :shock:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

dsr wrote:
25 Mar 2022 10:49
Drj820 wrote:
We can find a rookie to give us what he was giving us. He was giving us the threat of a long ball. He was also dropping alot of passes. That long ball threat is very important to the chiefs, and it should be important to the Packers...but it can be found for MUCH cheaper than 10m per.
I agree. There must be some limited receivers in college who are lightning fast but not all that good at catching when covered (but can catch well enough when left alone) and hence far from first round picks. They could have a limited role as a receiver who does no more than charge up the field to distract the defense. By all means throw him the ball if the defense doesn't go with him; but if he is covered, then let the rest of the receivers make use of the space.

They might even be able to improve special teams, if that were possible! :shock:
Don't remember MVS ever playing ST.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

TheSkeptic wrote:
26 Mar 2022 10:11
dsr wrote:
25 Mar 2022 10:49
Drj820 wrote:

Don't remember MVS ever playing ST.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... counts.htm I would say you are correct.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I join the choir: not good/available enough for that kind of money, don‘t let the door hit ya on your way out, bye. I also think we can find a fast guy in the draft that we can use as a deep threat but we better actually draft such a guy bc right now we do not have a deep threat receiver and such a guy is as vital to our offense as a good run game. #12‘s unique skill set is only milked if the defense has to guess between run, mediocre pass and deep pass.