2022 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Best rankings that I have seen. Also assigned value reinforces my desire to not chase any of these guys. I am not a big London guy, yet he seems to be pretty much consensus Top-2 by just about everyone else.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
30 Mar 2022 11:47
Best rankings that I have seen. Also assigned value reinforces my desire to not chase any of these guys. I am not a big London guy, yet he seems to be pretty much consensus Top-2 by just about everyone else.

Yikes. He's even harder on this class of receivers than I am, and I have been pretty vocal that I'm not overly impressed with the receivers this year.

Thanks for posting. Makes me want Burkes all the more now.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This WR class reminds me of the 2019 draft class. No one at the top blowing you away, but maybe should have been.

I was an AJ Brown thruther through that whole process that year.

But in hindsight now, you probably have what should have been 3 top 10 WR's drafted in Brown, Deebo and Metcalf.

Then Diontae Johnson and Terry McLaurin and Hunter Renfrow and Juwann Winfree, turned out to be a pretty good class all things considered.

I few like there will definitely be a few guys in class, people will look back and say why didn't he go top 10. I really think Burks will be one of them.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
30 Mar 2022 11:47

I must be reading this all wrong, if this guy thinks Olave will be the 21 first WR taken I want whatever he's smoking :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Mar 2022 14:55

I must be reading this all wrong,
yes
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
30 Mar 2022 14:47
This WR class reminds me of the 2019 draft class. No one at the top blowing you away, but maybe should have been.

I was an AJ Brown thruther through that whole process that year.

But in hindsight now, you probably have what should have been 3 top 10 WR's drafted in Brown, Deebo and Metcalf.

Then Diontae Johnson and Terry McLaurin and Hunter Renfrow and Juwann Winfree, turned out to be a pretty good class all things considered.

I few like there will definitely be a few guys in class, people will look back and say why didn't he go top 10. I really think Burks will be one of them.
I'm starting to shift to Burks being my favorite WR in this class.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
I must be reading this all wrong
Confirmed.
Yoop wrote:
if this guy thinks Olave will be the 21 first WR taken I want whatever he's smoking
The 21 first WR taken? I literally cannot even surmise what your issue is with the list.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
30 Mar 2022 15:46
Yoop wrote:
Confirmed.
Yoop wrote:
if this guy thinks Olave will be the 21 first WR taken I want whatever he's smoking
The 21 first WR taken? I literally cannot even surmise what your issue is with the list.
I've been saying all along Olave is a UDFA grade!!!
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Confirmed.
Yoop wrote:
all I saw was a list of WR ranked by yards after the catch, was there a link I was to hit to take me to something giving a more in depth :idn:

tried again, I had clicked on the twitter, but not the picture, but he's giving slot opinions, no way some of these guys will be around late 2bd round.

I've liked Burks for us right from the start, however it had more to do with availability then him being the best WR in this class, but maybe he is in part because of the Deebo Samual type ability, but Williams and Wilson always seemed like 1A 1B to me, in fact I'd hoped they and all these edge rushers would push Burks down to us.
Last edited by Yoop on 30 Mar 2022 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
30 Mar 2022 16:07
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Confirmed.
Yoop wrote:
all I saw was a list of WR ranked by yards after the catch, was there a link I was to hit to take me to something giving a more in depth :idn:
I still don’t see where you are getting that, but this is the list I am referring to.

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-brief ... gs-grades/

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Confirmed.
Yoop wrote:

tried again, I had clicked on the twitter, but not the picture, but he's giving slot opinions, no way some of these guys will be around late 2bd round.

I've liked Burks for us right from the start, however it had more to do with availability then him being the best WR in this class, but maybe he is in part because of the Deebo Samual type ability, but Williams and Wilson always seemed like 1A 1B to me, in fact I'd hoped they and all these edge rushers would push Burks down to us.
I suggest you read it again. He said right from the start he is not estimating or saying where they will be drafted in this draft. It's what he believes their value will be as an NFL player. It's an odd way to do a ranking, I agree. But he knows full well that all of them will be drafted above the spots he put.

So what he's saying, is after they play in the league, he believes only 1 of them will be worth that 1st round pick. Look back at a lot of WR heavy 1st rounds. He's probably right that most won't be worth it.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Burks has been my favorite in this class a while. Williams is also going to be good, ACL and all.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Williams says he will be ready by training camp. Of course if the Packers draft him that probably means training camp in 2023.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Burks and Watson! Burks and Watson!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
30 Mar 2022 16:16
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

Confirmed.

I still don’t see where you are getting that, but this is the list I am referring to.

re read it this morning, still think he's overly harsh, was wondering what his grade would have been on Jefferson and others two years ago, what his track record is with prior predictions, because guys like Dan Jeremiah, PFF, CBS have 5 WR in there top 25 on there big boards, Sporting news has 6 in the first round, CBS has your guy Skylar slot 18, Dotson slot 28 with sporting news.
and this class is loaded with high graded edge rushers, if these receivers are so mediocre why are they ranked so high on these established draft sites, these aren't mock drafts, there big boards where position lean is less a factor.

my fault I clicked his twitter site instead of just clicking the picture, sorry. :beer2:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 Mar 2022 05:37
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:

re read it this morning, still think he's overly harsh, was wondering what his grade would have been on Jefferson and others two years ago, what his track record is with prior predictions, because guys like Dan Jeremiah, PFF, CBS have 5 WR in there top 25 on there big boards, Sporting news has 6 in the first round, CBS has your guy Skylar slot 18, Dotson slot 28 with sporting news.
and this class is loaded with high graded edge rushers, if these receivers are so mediocre why are they ranked so high on these established draft sites, these aren't mock drafts, there big boards where position lean is less a factor.

my fault I clicked his twitter site instead of just clicking the picture, sorry. :beer2:
There is a large difference between "mocking" to a slot and value. The guy said as much in the article.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Mar 2022 05:42
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

There is a large difference between "mocking" to a slot and value. The guy said as much in the article.
what does that even mean, when guys that do big boards and draft stuff for a living slot these receivers with slot 15 value that is exactly what that means.

no offense to anyone here, but this guy has just a few years experience and he is now predicting 2nd or later round value with most of this class, and you can be sure it aint going to unfold this way, they wont play in the nfl like 2nd and 3rd round players, in fact according to most big boards he's batting from center field.

McGinn was always a tough grader, typically as much as a full letter lower then other evaluators, many felt he did that to cover his bet, easier to say, oh he did better then I thought, versus, wow did I miss on that guy, I think this may apply here, again no offense NCF, and thanks for bringing this, even though I'am smudging it all up :)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
30 Mar 2022 16:39
So what he's saying, is after they play in the league, he believes only 1 of them will be worth that 1st round pick. Look back at a lot of WR heavy 1st rounds. He's probably right that most won't be worth it.
This statement reminds me of a thought I had while reading a blurb about Noah Fant. It was basically saying he gets a new start in Seattle to justify his draft stock. My thought is I feel for the guy. He's going into his 4th year and he's been paired with nothing but garbage QB play. Now he's going to Seattle and gonna be stuck with the same garbage QB...yet this is considered a "fresh start" for him in order to justify his draft stock?

Anyway, Paco's statement makes me wonder how many of those 1st round failures were actually good picks with bad QB play/coaching around them?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
31 Mar 2022 06:16
paco wrote:
30 Mar 2022 16:39
This statement reminds me of a thought I had while reading a blurb about Noah Fant. It was basically saying he gets a new start in Seattle to justify his draft stock. My thought is I feel for the guy. He's going into his 4th year and he's been paired with nothing but garbage QB play. Now he's going to Seattle and gonna be stuck with the same garbage QB...yet this is considered a "fresh start" for him in order to justify his draft stock?

Anyway, Paco's statement makes me wonder how many of those 1st round failures were actually good picks with bad QB play/coaching around them?
I bet lots, same with QB's, bad receivers = bad QB's, the two go hand in hand.

Pete Carroll likes Colen Kaepernick on yahoo, so Fant may have rocket man throwing him da ball :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Here it is for 2020.

https://www.pewterreport.com/ledyards-2 ... -rankings/

Read More. Post Less.