Paco's Mock thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Mar 2022 11:31
Also love the thread and the work and the thoughts and the effort. Sorry if I sound too negative.
you need some of the new and improved, 32% thc Jenny kush thats now very popular with the burners here in the U P :lol:

love all the convo and info here concerning the draft, very limited sources unless I want to pay for it, been looking up players at Draft Buzz. com, just havn't had time to see how there rankings compare to other draft sites, so how accurate there rankings end up is anyones guess

from the little I've read I'am really falling for this Drake London dude, 6.5 215 lbs 4.53, if we want a big possession type receiver this kid seems to be that, just like Burks though he'll probably be gone somewhere in the teens, and others like Pickens will be available later, lots of quality receivers in this draft.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
22 Mar 2022 14:21
from the little I've read I'am really falling for this Drake London dude, 6.5 215 lbs 4.53, if we want a big possession type receiver this kid seems to be that, just like Burks though he'll probably be gone somewhere in the teens, and others like Pickens will be available later, lots of quality receivers in this draft.
I loved London, thought his broken ankle might mean he lasts. But now that he's healthy and working out, he's in everyone's top 15, so seems tough.

He's more of an Allen Robinson/Brandon marshal type--a big guy with great contested catch ability and the strength to get yards after the catch through broken tackles more than through wiggle. He's a very rich man's Allen Lazard. I think he'd have been an elite Lazard replacement on a team that also has Adams as the #1--especially if we still had a deep threat.

It would be interesting to see him having to step into a WR1 role so early. He reminds me a lot of Pittman, also big, also smooth, also from USC, who went to the Colts. And Pittman is a good NFL receiver. But it's taking some time for him to be a good WR1.

I'm punching holes in elite prospects because early in the game, you can and should be picky. But I'd be pleased as punch with the vast majority of them.

The ones I don't love are the Ohio State guys. I think they're both above-average WR2s in the NFL; and that is plenty useful, but that early? I'm looking for more.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Mar 2022 14:25
The ones I don't love are the Ohio State guys. I think they're both above-average WR2s in the NFL; and that is plenty useful, but that early? I'm looking for more.
haha, draft buzz loves Wilson, he's there #1 WR, Olave #4 so I need to compare them to some more reputable or renowned draft sights.

I agree we need some speed, someone that can stretch a defense since I don't see us paying the FA dollars for MVS at this stage, or we would have probably done so by now, but we have options, we can probably get that guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I want a player that we can build our passing offense around, I had considered Wilson a player that could be that??? but expected he'd go top 15 along with London, Williams, and Olave, my next in line is Burks, I think he fits a PA offense to a tee.

I need to spend more time researching these receivers, everyone actually.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
22 Mar 2022 14:52
I want a player that we can build our passing offense around, I had considered Wilson a player that could be that??? but expected he'd go top 15 along with London, Williams, and Olave, my next in line is Burks, I think he fits a PA offense to a tee.

I need to spend more time researching these receivers, everyone actually.
Yeah I'm being hard on Wilson because he's out of our range, but also because Olave and Wilson were both upstaged by their #3 WR this year, who is clearly a more talented and dynamic receiving prospect. That doesn't mean the other guys aren't good--Ohio St frequently churns out good receivers. But it's tough for me to get excited about these guys when their offense got even better in the bowl game they sat out.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

People may balk at where some of these people are picked. But Watson's and Woods' stock is on the rise. Not even sure we can get Woods there.
He's a perfect fit and a Lewis replacement. Remember Lewis was drafted at 28. Tripled up on WRs and covered most other needs. I also need to start adding a RB to my mocks. We are bound to take one, even if later and for practice squad depth.

Someone needs to help me on LBs, because I don't know who are good options for us.
image.png
image.png (54.52 KiB) Viewed 353 times
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

:clap: :beer2:

:woohoo:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Have to look more into your Day Three guys because only a couple names I'm familiar with, but if that's our top 3 rounds I would be very pleased. Very pleased indeed.

And I agree they're on the rise.

My main issue is that Mafe's rise is more on athletic gifts than surefire production and I considered him more of a raw project build and the first round is a tough price to pay for that. But it's appearing to be his value. So I can't complain.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Mar 2022 11:47
Have to look more into your Day Three guys because only a couple names I'm familiar with, but if that's our top 3 rounds I would be very pleased. Very pleased indeed.

And I agree they're on the rise.

My main issue is that Mafe's rise is more on athletic gifts than surefire production and I considered him more of a raw project build and the first round is a tough price to pay for that. But it's appearing to be his value. So I can't complain.
Tom will probably be my main target for a Packer OL guy in the mid rounds. Everything I've heard seems to be a fit.

I agree on Mafe, I'm a bit concerned, especially if we don't keep Preston around for more than 1 year. He may require a Gary like commitment.

Henningsen's gotten more on my radar. Didn't pick just because he's a Wisconsin guy. He put up a nice pro day and I think could be a good flexible piece on the D-line.

Brown and Turner were new to me and seemed like possible fits. Hansford was a throw at the dart board. Needed to have a LB and they said he'd fit a 3-4.

Need to add LB earlier, just for ST reps. We're bound to take on earlier on day 3.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
25 Mar 2022 11:55
Tom will probably be my main target for a Packer OL guy in the mid rounds. Everything I've heard seems to be a fit.
Yeah, he's the one I know and I agree.

I also like Luke Goedecki a LOT. But he may be more of a 3rd rounder than a Day Three guy. Classic Packer small school LT with versatility to move to another position, could be RT, but likely interior. I'm thinking Jenkins may be the RT of the future now, leaving the interior as JRJ and Newman with little depth behind them. Goedecki could challenge Newman or be a long-term

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Mar 2022 12:09
paco wrote:

I also like Luke Goedecki a LOT. But he may be more of a 3rd rounder than a Day Three guy. Classic Packer small school LT with versatility to move to another position, could be RT, but likely interior. I'm thinking Jenkins may be the RT of the future now, leaving the interior as JRJ and Newman with little depth behind them. Goedecki could challenge Newman or be a long-term
I'm not sure how little depth we do have on the interior. We've got Van Lanen who can play inside or out, but is probably better inside. We have Hanson and Menet on the roster as centers. Sure, they haven't shown much yet. But this is also why I tend to lean on Nijman as the RT and keep Jenkins at LG. Then Newman is your interior depth.

Either way, I think for now, our depth is decent and we don't have to spend too much on OL in this draft. But another body who can swing both ways is probably a good pickup.
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
25 Mar 2022 12:24
YoHoChecko wrote:
paco wrote:

I'm not sure how little depth we do have on the interior. We've got Van Lanen who can play inside or out, but is probably better inside. We have Hanson and Menet on the roster as centers. Sure, they haven't shown much yet. But this is also why I tend to lean on Nijman as the RT and keep Jenkins at LG. Then Newman is your interior depth.

Either way, I think for now, our depth is decent and we don't have to spend too much on OL in this draft. But another body who can swing both ways is probably a good pickup.
I agree. But another Dlineman would be nice

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
26 Mar 2022 10:15
paco wrote:
25 Mar 2022 12:24
YoHoChecko wrote:

I agree. But another Dlineman would be nice
No question. Need depth there. Everyone other than Clark are on low end rookie deals or prove-its.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
paco wrote:

would love to keep Jenkins at G, however RT's do make a little more then guards so I expect thats where he'll play, this draft has some pretty good pure guards, from my small investigating I like 3 right off the bat, and they range from 2nd round to 4th ( not done looking yet)

We now rely far more on the running game then we have in years, time to get run blockers, so I like these 3

Zion Johnson, Boston College 6.3 314 lbs projected late 2nd round, does everything well but excels at run blocking

Cole Strange Chattanooga 6.5 307 lbs projected 3rd round, needs to add a few lbs which shouldn't be hard, small school but rising on draft boards.

and Ed Ingram LSU 6.3 317 lbs projected 4th round, solid prospect does both techs well, e3xpected to start at some point.

there are a bunch of tackles that will end up playing guard in the pros which I havn't time to research now, however a more seasoned guard that excels in mauling, has a bit of nasty and burying DT's seems like just the guy we need to help our RB's

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Overall pretty happy. My first two picks I had to think the hardest. Overall couldn't pass on the athleticism of Olave and though we have two starting ILB's, I think this defense could be elite with Dean and he is great value there.

Was very happy with my 2nd round. Was very on the fence of going with Ojabo over a safety, but the value of Ojabo was just insane. Really love the value of Sanders in Round 3. That would be a loaded edge rush group.

I don't know Ojabo's injury status. If it's really bad, I would taken Pitre out of Baylor instead.
image.png
image.png (54.53 KiB) Viewed 267 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Damn, you got 4 guys I’d consider at 22.

Would love this draft.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Mar 2022 08:07
Overall pretty happy. My first two picks I had to think the hardest. Overall couldn't pass on the athleticism of Olave and though we have two starting ILB's, I think this defense could be elite with Dean and he is great value there.

Was very happy with my 2nd round. Was very on the fence of going with Ojabo over a safety, but the value of Ojabo was just insane. Really love the value of Sanders in Round 3. That would be a loaded edge rush group.

I don't know Ojabo's injury status. If it's really bad, I would taken Pitre out of Baylor instead.

image.png
Do other mocks have Nakobe still around at 28? I havent been reading much on where people are slotted to go, but I thought he would be top 15 for sure. He was a total beast!! He can run well too so seemed aligned with there the future of the position is going.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Mar 2022 08:57
go pak go wrote:
28 Mar 2022 08:07

image.png
Do other mocks have Nakobe still around at 28? I havent been reading much on where people are slotted to go, but I thought he would be top 15 for sure. He was a total beast!! He can run well too so seemed aligned with there the future of the position is going.
He didn't work out at the combine or pro day so I think, at least for the media and probably for some teams, there's a little mix of "it's been a while since we've seen anything from him" and "wait is he not working out because he's surprisingly slow?"

As for the rest of the mock, agree with BF. That is wild value. Even through to Sanders at 92.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Figured this probably fits better in this thread than the general draft thread. Maybe I'll rename the title if more keep posting in here.

But my latest, controlled a handful of teams, pushed some trades through, had some fun.

Used https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mo ... -simulator

Pick 22 - Jameson Williams - He is like a combo of Henry Ruggs (who I didn't love) and Jerry Jeudy. Pretty sure he would never make it to pick 22 without his injury. Sounds like he will be ready sooner than later, don't think missing him TC or a few regular season games will be the biggest factor in the world in hindsight. Just need him ready for January and every year after. Should be our primary returner for the year regardless of WR status. A lot of other usual names were off the board here for this pick.
Option available: Trevor Penning, Daxton Hill, Zion Johnson, Kenyon Green

Pick 28 - Trevor Penning - given he was possibly my 2nd option at 22, easy pick here. Keeps Jenkins at LG and gives us a damn promising young OL. I like Penning at RT, so keeps Jenkins pencilled for the long term LT years down the road, so essentially getting a plug and play o-lineman while kind of very knowingly securing your long term LT outlook.
Options available: Nakobe Dean, Daxton Hill, Kaiir Elan, Bernhard Raimann, Boye Mafe, DeMarin Leal, Christian Watson

TRADE

Pick 47 - Trade up with Washingington give 53 and our 4th round pick and we get a 6th back. - Christian Watson, again a guy I was considering at 28 is still on the board, had to move up a little, just too much value and need match. So much speed and athletism. Should be a better version of MVS who can do more things. I would say a large step back from where MVS is today, but so much to work with here. No real other options available, was only trading up for him.

Pick 59 - Leo Chanel LB I fricken love this guy. His instincts and playmaking stood out to me for years and I am simply floored at his athletic profile. He really seems to kind of have the Clay Matthews playmaking nose for a big play. This was probably the hardest pick with how the board was dropping, but just too insane of an athlete, no way he isn't a plus special teamer out of the gate minimum. Think you could probably get some nickel 3rd down edge reps out of him, with the occasional rush, or most likely drop back coverage. He'll be one of those guys I will not surprised if he goes first round, honestly a bit confused why he isn't up there right now. Hot take, he's a better A gap shooter than Za'Darius.
Options available: Trey McBride was really hard to pass up here, but going tackle and two WR's, seemed a bit overkill. Actually thought I was going to be taking him before doing a bit more dig into the available prospects. Also Kingsley Enagbare and Cameron Thomas I gave some thought to

Pick 92 - Nick Cross - What's better than one safety from Maryland? 2! Bigger guy, 6'1" 215 and lighting fast, 4.34, fastest safety at the combine. Has some playmaking tendencies, nose or the ball. Gotta make some hard decisions with Savage and Amos soon, doubt both will be back long term, so get some talent here. Another guy likely to be a plus special teamer from day 1.

Pick 120 - Mykael Wright - smaller real physical corner. 5'11" 180. Very willing, aggressive tackler, even if his size puts limitations on his success.
Really wanted DL or interior OL here, but no one popped out to me. Despite having 3 starting quality corners most likely to be here for a long time, we still really don't have depth or a quality slot option. I'm really sure how much you want Jaire in the slot, I mean he'll be great anywhere, but we know he is elite outside. But I also don't love Rasul or Stokes inside and we really haven't seen anything form JSC to count on him. So a definitely clear path to playing time, and we don't have the best injury history at CB either. That again, another great athlete, although slower 40 (seems plenty quick on film, perfect for slot) who will be counted on to play ST early.

One of my more favorite, slower, intimate drafts I did, quit after 4 rounds, but I like what we got.

I think you are looking at pretty much 3 borderline starters on offense. I am not actually sure where a rookie defender could just walk in and start on this defense, but 3 very athletic, long term thinking, highly athletic, immediate ST impact players on defense.

image.png
image.png (75.41 KiB) Viewed 170 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

[mention]BF004[/mention] I love this. I'm not a HUGE Penning fan, as he's a bit more developmental and speculative for a round one OL, but with the way the rest of it went, it works nicely.

I like Leo Chenal, also, but am curious if Quay Walker was still available there, as I like Walker a bit more. Walker reminds me of De'Vondre Campbell but a little more ready-to-play than when Campbell entered the league--though his limited starting experience and the host of talent on the Georgia defense makes him a tricky evaluation. Chenal may be a better complement to Campbell anyway.

Also love the small jump forward for Watson; I've been eyeing something like that, as well.

Anything with Watson and Williams just makes our offense so potentially dynamic, though would definitely require a veteran presence while they heal/adapt.

Certainly would walk away from draft weekend with this haul feeling like it was a win. Good stuff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Mar 2022 13:53
@BF004 I love this. I'm not a HUGE Penning fan, as he's a bit more developmental and speculative for a round one OL, but with the way the rest of it went, it works nicely.

I like Leo Chenal, also, but am curious if Quay Walker was still available there, as I like Walker a bit more. Walker reminds me of De'Vondre Campbell but a little more ready-to-play than when Campbell entered the league--though his limited starting experience and the host of talent on the Georgia defense makes him a tricky evaluation. Chenal may be a better complement to Campbell anyway.

Also love the small jump forward for Watson; I've been eyeing something like that, as well.

Anything with Watson and Williams just makes our offense so potentially dynamic, though would definitely require a veteran presence while they heal/adapt.

Certainly would walk away from draft weekend with this haul feeling like it was a win. Good stuff
Yeah, actaully Quay was there.

But if we had more of a need at all, I'd be talking up Chanel at 28 for us.