What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

How about the Last Dance? Watched it all last weekend while I was painting. That was awesome. Brought me back to my young years and when I liked the NBA.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2020 14:37
How about the Last Dance? Watched it all last weekend while I was painting. That was awesome. Brought me back to my young years and when I liked the NBA.
HAHA, same here man. I thought it was really well put together. I loved watching the Bulls back then, and took a hiatus after they were over until about 4 years ago when I really started watching the Bucks again. Jordan would have been a hard guy to play with, but worth it all in the end.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Did finally get around to watching The Revenant. Actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
04 Jun 2020 14:39
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2020 14:37
HAHA, same here man. I thought it was really well put together. I loved watching the Bulls back then, and took a hiatus after they were over until about 4 years ago when I really started watching the Bucks again. Jordan would have been a hard guy to play with, but worth it all in the end.
Pretty much the same sentiment. Loved the Jordan Bulls. Although, it is already coming out that a lot of the Jordan takes were BS. Grant, Kerr, and Pippen have already fired back one way or another, but it was still fun to watch and really took me back. The only thing I liked more than the Bulls were the mid-to-late 90's Pacers... I was a Reggie Miller guy. I especially loved that segment of the show.

Read More. Post Less.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Watched "Rocketman" the other night. Was actually better than I thought it would be.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I usually watch at least 3 simpsons episodes each day. Usually season 12 and prior.

Just watched first season of Space Force on Netflix. It was OK, not great.

Reruns of Transformers and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. Early 20s Megan Fox.

Thought The Big Show Show on Netflix was really good. Only 8 episodes, hope it gets renewed.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Jun 2020 19:20
I usually watch at least 3 simpsons episodes each day. Usually season 12 and prior.

Just watched first season of Space Force on Netflix. It was OK, not great.

Reruns of Transformers and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. Early 20s Megan Fox.

Thought The Big Show Show on Netflix was really good. Only 8 episodes, hope it gets renewed.
Old sitcoms are always good for when I'm feeling nostalgic. I must have seen every King of the Hill episode a dozen times. Haven't seen it on in awhile though- no longer on Adult Swim and it's not on Netfilx.

Right now I'm watching The Kominsky Method starring Michael Douglas. You'll like it if you find dry, cynical humor amusing.

Seems like most of the times I login to Netflix, I spend a half hour scrolling through shows, unable to decide what to watch. Then I just say "forget it, I'm too tired" and go to bed. Ha.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Captain_Ben wrote:
11 Jun 2020 17:56
Seems like most of the times I login to Netflix, I spend a half hour scrolling through shows, unable to decide what to watch. Then I just say "forget it, I'm too tired" and go to bed. Ha.
This is my general habit, too. That's why I have my go-to's for when I hit the sack. Seinfeld and Scrubs in the heavy rotation.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Somebody Feed Phil has new episodes on Netflix w00t w00t -!! :mrgreen:

Anyone who liked the Anthony Bourdain (R.I.P.) show Parts Unknown will really enjoy this one. It's basically the same thing: exploring the world through food. Phil Rosenthal was the director of Everybody Loves Raymond and is a funny guy as well.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

A new season of Alone starts tonight in history channel! Very pumped for it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yellowstone has a new season ready to air beginning Jun 21. Really good show if you haven't seen it. It's on Paramount Network but a number of online services have the previous seasons available for streaming. Highly recommend.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Finally got the wife around to finishing the last two episodes of Man in the High Castle. Praise geebus that's over.

Now..... she wants to watch Downtown Abbey. :?
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 17:13
Finally got the wife around to finishing the last two episodes of Man in the High Castle. Praise geebus that's over.

Downton Abbey. Get the name right before she kills you. :lol:

It's supposed to be quality, but my mom watches it... :messedup:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

salmar80 wrote:
01 Jul 2020 17:16
TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 17:13

Downton Abbey. Get the name right before she kills you. :lol:

It's supposed to be quality, but my mom watches it... :messedup:
Whoops. :lol:

It's got stellar reviews, but certainly doesn't look something like I'd enjoy.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

The final season of Dark just came out, watch that instead 8-)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Gunzaan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 17:32
That's actually on my radar.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Gunzaan wrote:
Is that broadcast in German or English? My German is not what it used to be and I’m not a huge fan of subtitles.

I’m on the final season of The Last Kingdom and will be looking for something new to fill my viewing needs until the final season of Yellowstone is fully available.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

APB wrote:
01 Jul 2020 18:23
Gunzaan wrote:
Is that broadcast in German or English? My German is not what it used to be and I’m not a huge fan of subtitles.

I’m on the final season of The Last Kingdom and will be looking for something new to fill my viewing needs until the final season of Yellowstone is fully available.
Last Kingdom is such a guilty pleasure!

Dark is in German so subtitles or dubbed in English. The dubbing is actually pretty good. It’s such a good show, it seems a bit overwhelming at first but they do a great job of keeping such a complex subject pretty simple and fairly easy to follow along to.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Gunzaan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 18:47
APB wrote:
Gunzaan wrote:

Dark is in German so subtitles or dubbed in English. The dubbing is actually pretty good. It’s such a good show, it seems a bit overwhelming at first but they do a great job of keeping such a complex subject pretty simple and fairly easy to follow along to.
Wasn't aware that it had a dub version. For me I think it takes away from the.... art? I prefer movies in it's original form, I have no problem reading subtitles.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 19:05
Gunzaan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 18:47
APB wrote:

Wasn't aware that it had a dub version. For me I think it takes away from the.... art? I prefer movies in it's original form, I have no problem reading subtitles.
I agree but the little lady won’t watch anything in subtitles so dubbed it is :shock: