Paco's Mock thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wow, what an awesome sales job you just did on Chenal, [mention]BF004[/mention]. I'm over here like Image

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here is what I don't understand about the draftniks. They almost all talk about a hit on him is his "lack" of lateral quick or fluidity in coverage. How does he get these scores without being able to flip hips or without having some good lateral quickness:
3-Cone: 6.84s
Short Shuttle: 3.94s

I think what people see is that he rarely dropped into coverage at UW. If he wasn't playing the run, he was rushing the passer. I completely agree that coverage is a minus for him, but with his moves in space against the run and his measurables, there is no reason it can't be coached into him.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here is this form SI:
Doesn’t have much ball production despite 468 total snaps in coverage
There is absolutely no way this is true.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wanted to play with a big trade up to get Jameson Williams. Did other trades too, but here's who I ended up with. Not happy with TE and IDL so late.
image.png
image.png (339.99 KiB) Viewed 435 times
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Well the WR corps wouldn't be lacking in speed or height, that's for sure.

I like Pitre, Booker, and Tom quite a bit. The safety I was literally just reading about yesterday. Intriguing buy-low option; got kicked off the team basically at Maryland after not playing at all his freshman year. No insight on that story.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Got some high end athletes if nothing else.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
15 Apr 2022 12:25
Got so high end athletes if nothing else.
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I just want to use our high picks on the rarest of humans who actually know how to play football and fit our needs and this comes close to that.

If there's some way to trade up for Jordan Davis around 15 or so (probably take a second round pick) and end up with Jordan Davis, Christian Watson, Leo Chenal, and Jelani Woods through the first two days of the draft, we've literally acquired absolutely elite athletic and physical talent with guys who have the instincts and drive to make good on it. If we clear Kevin Austin's character and grab him with a 4th? All the better.

We have a genuinely legitimate chance to add the absolute best athletes in the draft with insanely rare size and traits and all of the guys I just mentioned have shown it on the football field, not just workout numbers. I'm all about it. We have a really good baseline for a team. Sprinkling matchup nightmares throughout the roster with upside to become more than that is just good business.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
15 Apr 2022 07:21
Wanted to play with a big trade up to get Jameson Williams. Did other trades too, but here's who I ended up with. Not happy with TE and IDL so late.
image.png
We might not have to make a trade for Williams. His injury in the NCAA championship game may allow him to drop. If he is there at #22 this could be the steal of this draft. Before he got hurt he was considered a top 10 pick.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
15 Apr 2022 12:25
Got some high end athletes if nothing else.

I might like that mock more than any other that I've seen, as far as getting the picks for the positions of need. Nice.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I just don't believe in Karloftis as a high-end player in the NFL. I don't see why people would prefer him to Logan Hall or Josh Pascal (who are both different, I know)

I can't tell if he's an edge or a 5-tech or a 4i or even eventually a 3-tech. I don't think he has elite athletic traits. He's a size-effort guy, for sure. But he doesn't have twitch or bend or flexibility. I'm just not sure what to make of him, and while I think he'll be a solid piece to an NFL defense, I struggle with him in the first round.
image.png
image.png (19.22 KiB) Viewed 343 times

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah I just don't like EDGE in the first-round period, because, again, to me we have an ascending star and high-end #2 for the next few years (I'm not worried about Preston's longevity; he has not had durability issues and I believe his game will age well). I also feel like the long-term financial implications suck: imagine what Gary + another star EDGE will cost, in addition to Jaire + Stokes at CB.

To the extent it's a need, we need better rotational players/depth, yet I wouldn't use a Round 1 pick on that.

But what would bother me most is that it will imply that the Packers still subscribe to the idea that it's a pReMiUm pOsItIoN and will continue prioritizing it over interior-LBs and -DL, both of which are way more important.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Damn, my draft research has come to a screeching halt. Just no time lately. Only halfway through Brugler's beast and barely started looking through Packers specific ones. I'm hoping to find some time and energy to do it over the next week or so.

I've put the most time in on WRs and still don't really know what my order of preference is at the top. I keep updating my board and its mostly dropping people down.

I'd be curious to see anyone else's boards if you are willing to share them. How many worthy first rounders do you have?
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
18 Apr 2022 09:37
How many worthy first rounders do you have?
I'm not done, but at quick glance, right around 25.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
18 Apr 2022 15:39
paco wrote:
18 Apr 2022 09:37
How many worthy first rounders do you have?
I'm not done, but at quick glance, right around 25.
Good to know. I think I'm at 26. But that's with a few I'd prefer in the 2nd, but would be ok with at 28.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Added a 2023 3rd from Tampa as well.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well then...

image.png
image.png (313.14 KiB) Viewed 216 times

I mostly just wanted to draft Trent McDuffie

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
20 Apr 2022 12:07
Well then...

image.png

I mostly just wanted to draft Trent McDuffie
Woof. Great haul. Nice use of resources. But I can’t part with Jaire. I just can’t. Don’t make me.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Just throwing this out there because I don’t have much time on my hands for the next week or so. I see Gutey making a lot of trades.

Packers trade #28 and #53 to move up - Jermaine Johnson
Packers trade down from #22 -George Pickens
Packers tradeup into early 2nd round - Daxton Hill
Rd#3 - Jelani Woods

Sorry that is as far as I got.
Love is the answer…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Foosball wrote:
20 Apr 2022 17:31
Just throwing this out there because I don’t have much time on my hands for the next week or so. I see Gutey making a lot of trades.

Packers trade #28 and #53 to move up - Jermaine Johnson
Packers trade down from #22 -George Pickens
Packers tradeup into early 2nd round - Daxton Hill
Rd#3 - Jelani Woods

Sorry that is as far as I got.
I like all those guys. But I don't see Gutey trading up for Johnson, too old.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I do think there will be a lot of board manipulation and moving around. More than most years from a lot of teams. I will be surprised if the Packers just stand pat and make picks. I know The Draft can go in a million directions, but it just seems there will be opportunities for times to align their picks with pockets of prospects that make more sense than initial draft order.

Read More. Post Less.