What are you listening to..?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
16 Mar 2022 13:03
Alissa from Arch Enemy sounds like Lizzy Hale from Halestorm.
There are some similarities definitely. But Alissa's got the deeper growls. I know Alissa is a big fan on Lzzy's.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Saw Biffy Clyro in Chicago a couple nights ago. What a concert that was!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

On a whim, I played Def Leppard's High and Dry album while I was working on some house stuff earlier today. I must have listened to that album a thousand times as a teen back before they made it super big as a band. Today was the first time re-listening in probably 25 years.

I had forgotten just good that album was. And I'm talking just straight up rock 'n roll band, raw power, good music type thing. I always hated the turn the band took with the Pyromania album and the "radio rock" stuff that made them huge. That High and Dry album was, IMO, their best work by far.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

OPETH at the rave in Milwaukee on April 30 - very excited for that!

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Gunzaan wrote:
19 Apr 2022 16:44
OPETH at the rave in Milwaukee on April 30 - very excited for that!
I think I saw them, opened for 2cents, Shadows Fall and FFDP
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Neil Diamond .......... Sweet Caroline.

No ......... just kidding. :rotf:

OK....let's get serious. How about some Bowie ............. Let's Dance.

Or maybe even some Marshall Tucker.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Not really what I'm listening to, but what I'm listening on. Bought a new AV receiver. The old one is a 2013 model Pioneer Elite (SC-71). This one will have a better autocalibration system, built-in wi-fi and bluetooth, and support HDMI 2.1 with 4k @ 120 fps (40gb) and eARC. It only has 80w per channel but it sounds like from the reviews the amps are pretty high so I am not too worried about it pushing my floor speakers.

It was out of stock for a while then I got notification it was back in-stock. I found a 10% off coupon that actually worked on coupon cabin and ordered. Two days later it was out of stock again.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/denon-elec ... Id=6481042

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

For all who like progress...

Arctic Pack Fan
Reactions:

Post by Arctic Pack Fan »

"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit." - Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

My Rot/Catahoula mix dog bawl endlessly like an idiot for all the neighborhood to hear at 7:20 am as the kiddies trudge on by the house as they make their way to the bus stop.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Jack White - both his albums released this year. I have them both on repeat all summer!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Everything they've been releasing is fantastic. But this new one finally made me pre-order the new one. Deathcore's never been my favorite genre. I wasnt fan until last year.
But the addition of Will on vocals and a slight switch in direction has made them must listen for me.

RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
15 Sep 2022 22:13
Everything they've been releasing is fantastic. But this new one finally made me pre-order the new one. Deathcore's never been my favorite genre. I wasnt fan until last year.
But the addition of Will on vocals and a slight switch in direction has made them must listen for me.

Wait…that guys vocal is an upgrade?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
15 Sep 2022 22:43
paco wrote:
15 Sep 2022 22:13

Wait…that guys vocal is an upgrade?
For me it was. But I also like the more synthy, symphonic elements they've added to the music. More of a melodic deathcore than straight deathcore.

Yes, I know, this isn't for everyone. But usually what is for "everyone" isn't for me.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
16 Sep 2022 10:52
APB wrote: Wait…that guys vocal is an upgrade?
For me it was. But I also like the more synthy, symphonic elements they've added to the music. More of a melodic deathcore than straight deathcore.

Yes, I know, this isn't for everyone. But usually what is for "everyone" isn't for me.
LOL

Not judging, paco. :aok:

Gotta say, tho, that stuff is beyond my palate for music.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Playing the new Return to Monkey Island adventure game. Been waiting for this for, like, 30 years...

And it's a great puzzle/adventure game so far.

It would not be the same without the music. Since the OST of the new game isn't out on any platform, here's the best quality theme to the original Secret of Monkey Island Game:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP Coolio
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
27 Dec 2021 15:29
This is somewhat related to this thread:

I received a Crosley turntable as a Christmas gift this year, which is a good thing. I've always been interested in starting a vinyl record collection and this will provide the impetus to get going on that. Included with the gift were two albums - Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Jimi Hendrix Experience Greatest Hits. A good start indeed!

Unfortunately, the turntable isn't exactly a top-of-the-line type record player. The player has it's own two speakers mounted in the base of the turntable itself but let's just say the sound quality is less than stellar...or that they suck. I opted to hook up to my Bose sound bar only to discover the only audio output speaker ports on the turntable are the basic red/white RCA ports. Bose doesn't even have those ports anymore, at least not on my sound bar.

So any of you audio fiends have any ideas or recommendations on an affordable speaker set (or worth the cost) that will give me the quality of sound I'm seeking with vinyl but speaker capability limited to jacking into some RCA ports?
Turns out that Crosley turntable I received as a gift really can’t be helped. It’s a cheap player with exceedingly poor sound despite the receiver/speaker system I paired with it that otherwise sounds great while streaming. So now I’m in the market for a good quality but value based (yes, I mean inexpensive) turn table.

Looking at the Audio Techinica LP120XUSB.

Thoughts/suggestions?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think I have heard this song about 150,000 times in the last 3 weeks, my kids are annoyingly obsessed with it for some unknown reason.

NGL, its gotten catchy.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »