Veteran WR Options

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lake shark wrote:
20 Apr 2022 12:08
He’s gonna want 30 mil per.
Yeah, I heard he wants to be the highest paid non-QB in the league.

Just not super interested in that at the moment.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I feel like the most attractive thing about acquiring Deebo is depriving SanFran -- the team that always beats us -- of a weapon when we play them. He doesn't make a lot of sense for us but that alone would make me okay with it lol.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Labrev wrote:
20 Apr 2022 12:18
I feel like the most attractive thing about acquiring Deebo is depriving SanFran -- the team that always beats us -- of a weapon when we play them. He doesn't make a lot of sense for us but that alone would make me okay with it lol.
Also why they'd never trade him to us...

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I could see Deebo joining up with Lafleur.

Mike Lafleur that is in New York

Along with Salah
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

One unintended benefit of the Davante trade and subsequent market reset is that the reset was so large that all these good WR are refusing to play for other teams without a corresponding adjustment. Great timing because everyone just finished pinching pennies to get under the cap.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Would love to have Deebo. Not at that price though. He and DK both are my fantasy keepers, so I would love it if either of them could play with Rodgers (who is my keeper QB). I would win the league for sure then.

One guy who I think could be a much cheaper Deebo is Laviska. He has never gotten the opportunity to play in a competent offense and he is an athletic freak. He is also from my hometown and everyone from there is good. I would definitely try to trade for him and see what happens.

Another undervalued guy is Hollywood Brown. Could be a top 5 WR if he played with Rodgers.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

texas wrote:
20 Apr 2022 17:38
One guy who I think could be a much cheaper Deebo is Laviska. He has never gotten the opportunity to play in a competent offense and he is an athletic freak. He is also from my hometown and everyone from there is good. I would definitely try to trade for him and see what happens.

Another undervalued guy is Hollywood Brown. Could be a top 5 WR if he played with Rodgers.
You suckered me in with Laviska and then completely blew it with Hollywood Brown.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

NCF wrote:
20 Apr 2022 19:06
texas wrote:
20 Apr 2022 17:38

You suckered me in with Laviska and then completely blew it with Hollywood Brown.

Lol Hollywood is elite. Why was Baker Mayfield considered good enough to be the #1 overall pick? Because while he was at OU, he got to throw to Hollywood and CeeDee Lamb. And Mark Andrews.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Shall we sign Julio too and just keep beating up CBs all game?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
21 Apr 2022 07:22

Yes.

But also, Myles Boykin just got released, didn’t he?

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:

Damn! 20 carries each for Jones and Quadzilla next year. Calling it. Also, we should sign Jones and trade for Cupp. :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lake shark wrote:
20 Apr 2022 12:08
He’s gonna want 30 mil per.
So do I ;)

He has cut off all contract negotiations with SF so it might not be all about money here. It appears his beef with SF is he is unhappy getting as many hits when they ask him to play more like a RB on certain plays. Would he be opposed to block like MLF asks his WRs to do?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:

Now we know why we signed Sammy.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Apr 2022 07:36
BF004 wrote:

Yes.

But also, Myles Boykin just got released, didn’t he?
And almost immediately signed by the Steelers so he's off the market.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
Kind of surprised by this. Didn't expect that from Julio and even though we have already discussed how Watkins might be an upgrade compared to Adams as a blocker, I also didn't expect him to be headlining this list.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

LOL.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
21 Apr 2022 07:55
BF004 wrote:
Kind of surprised by this. Didn't expect that from Julio and even though we have already discussed how Watkins might be an upgrade compared to Adams as a blocker, I also didn't expect him to be headlining this list.
I mean I guess I’m a little surprised by his effectiveness, but I’ve been saying he’s played most of his career doing the dirty work to help feature other targets or the running game. Run blocking is the kind of thing that refers to

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Apr 2022 08:17
NCF wrote:
21 Apr 2022 07:55
BF004 wrote:
I mean I guess I’m a little surprised by his effectiveness, but I’ve been saying he’s played most of his career doing the dirty work to help feature other targets or the running game. Run blocking is the kind of thing that refers to
I just didn't expect him to be sitting on top of the list is all. More surprised by Julio.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

If we fail to get a deep threat in the draft, UFA WR DeSean Jackson is contemplating retirement but said he'd be willing to play for Chiefs, Browns, Broncos and Packers. His production has dovetailed even worse than Watkins', but yards per catch still high.