Paco's Mock thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I did something different. Most won't like it. But still ended up with some really good talent and stock up on some picks next year. But some long waits in the draft room with no 5th or 6th round picks.

22. Daxton Hill, S
28. Traded to Carolina along with pick 171 for pick 137 and a 2023 1st and 2nd rounder.
Can't imagine a lot of fans would be happy with this. But an upgraded lower round pick and and 1st and 2nd pick next year that will both likely be higher may be something Gutey wouldn't pass up.
53. George Pickens, WR
59. Drake Jackson, EDGE
92. Greg Dulcich, TE
132. Zyon McCollum, CB
137. Zach Thom, OT/OG
140. Tyquan Thornton, WR
228. Cordell Volson, OG/OT
249. Eric Johnson, DT
258. Isaiah Weston, WR
RIP JustJeff

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

paco wrote:
21 Apr 2022 11:31
I did something different. Most won't like it. But still ended up with some really good talent and stock up on some picks next year. But some long waits in the draft room with no 5th or 6th round picks.

22. Daxton Hill, S
28. Traded to Carolina along with pick 171 for pick 137 and a 2023 1st and 2nd rounder.
Can't imagine a lot of fans would be happy with this. But an upgraded lower round pick and and 1st and 2nd pick next year that will both likely be higher may be something Gutey wouldn't pass up.
53. George Pickens, WR
59. Drake Jackson, EDGE
92. Greg Dulcich, TE
132. Zyon McCollum, CB
137. Zach Thom, OT/OG
140. Tyquan Thornton, WR
249. Eric Johnson, DT
258. Isaiah Weston, WR
I would really hate this scenario save the upside pick of Pickens. He wont be there at 53 though.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Realist wrote:
21 Apr 2022 11:57
paco wrote:

22. Daxton Hill, S
53. George Pickens, WR
59. Drake Jackson, EDGE
92. Greg Dulcich, TE
132. Zyon McCollum, CB
137. Zach Thom, OT/OG
140. Tyquan Thornton, WR
249. Eric Johnson, DT
258. Isaiah Weston, WR
I would really hate this scenario save the upside pick of Pickens. He wont be there at 53 though.
Don't focus on what pick these guys are at, its a mock. Focus on the players and the situation as a whole. He may be there. He was in the mock simulation I did. That's all that matters.

But not surprised you hate the scenario. I'm not even 100% sure I like it. But when the offer came in, I thought it would be a fun exercise to see where it went. Before that I tried like hell to trade up but couldn't get anyone to accept a reasonable deal (Jameson Williams was available at 15).

The most likely options at 22 here were Hill, Olave, and Penning. But I went it not expecting to grab WR at 22 unless I traded up higher. Also tried a bunch of trades in the 2nd and it just didn't work out. But I still overall like the group of players.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:

22. Daxton Hill, S
53. George Pickens, WR
59. Drake Jackson, EDGE
92. Greg Dulcich, TE
132. Zyon McCollum, CB
137. Zach Thom, OT/OG
140. Tyquan Thornton, WR
249. Eric Johnson, DT
258. Isaiah Weston, WR
Lovely haul of talent.

It’s weird how focused people are on the prices this year. As if not trading up or successfully setting up future success necessarily means that we’re not trying hard enough to win now.

Pickens and Thornton are great additions to the receiving room. Pickens has #1 potential and Thornton has elite sites that translates to the field AND is a feisty, willing player despite his narrow frame. Weston likely lands on the PS but has great measurables.

Adding a TE is definitely on the check list, and many love Dulchich though not me as much.

Drake Jackson can develop into a good of an edge as anyone outside of the top 10-15 picks.

Zyon McCollum had one of the best small school pre-draft processes plus a highly productive college career.

Tom is a perfect foot for our OL.

Now, would I prefer a top ILB to the future picks you obtained? I’m not sure. Not at 28. But that’s one need that didn’t get addressed. Then again, the right guy in the 7th round could at least create depth and ST utility.

Anyway, nice job doing something unconventional and coming up with good players

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We get Dax Hill and frankly I don't really care how the rest of the draft goes (barring something "Ricky Williams trade"-caliber absurd). I would be overjoyed with him here.

I don't know too many others on that list but I do know and quite like Tom and Thornton. Trading for next year's picks can certainly feel like a buzzkill, I know it usually would for me, but with all the incoming players here at positions we need it, I would be fine with it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I've only seen people talking about the Packers drafting 1 of the top safeties. How about 2?

Get Hill and Cine and we have our slot DB and deep safety covered.

22. Daxton Hill, CB/S
28. Lewis Cine, S
53. Travis Jones, IDL
59. George Pickens, WR
92. Alec Pierce, WR
132. Tyquan Thornton, WR
140. Goedeke or Tom, OT/G
171. Amare Barno, Edge
7th round guys.

It's not perfect with Edge that late. But we triple up on WRs, make sure our defensive backfield is a force for years to come. Big guy to pair with Clark. Some O-line depth. You can come here and say whoever won't be there. But if this happens, I'm bound to like it quite a bit.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
22 Apr 2022 15:43
I've only seen people talking about the Packers drafting 1 of the top safeties. How about 2?

22. Daxton Hill, CB/S
28. Lewis Cine, S
53. Travis Jones, IDL
59. George Pickens, WR
92. Alec Pierce, WR
132. Tyquan Thornton, WR
171. Amare Barno, Edge
7th round guys.
Hahaha can you imagine 2 safeties and a DT before a WR? I'd have to quit the internet

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Apr 2022 15:56
paco wrote:

22. Daxton Hill, CB/S
28. Lewis Cine, S
53. Travis Jones, IDL
59. George Pickens, WR
92. Alec Pierce, WR
132. Tyquan Thornton, WR
171. Amare Barno, Edge
7th round guys.
Hahaha can you imagine 2 safeties and a DT before a WR? I'd have to quit the internet
No doubt. But I would sit back and smile and watch the carnage.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
22 Apr 2022 16:08
YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Apr 2022 15:56
paco wrote:

22. Daxton Hill, CB/S
28. Lewis Cine, S
53. Travis Jones, IDL
59. George Pickens, WR
92. Alec Pierce, WR
132. Tyquan Thornton, WR
171. Amare Barno, Edge
7th round guys.
No doubt. But I would sit back and smile and watch the carnage.
We'd make you a mod and move to Mexico.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I think we need a hybrid safety/lber, play the box and slot, I see a extension with Amos, and picking up the 5th years option with Savage, Cine late one early 2nd or I've liked this guy Nick Cross from Maryland in the 3rd, both are big and quick, hard hitting safety's

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
22 Apr 2022 17:18
I think we need a hybrid safety/lber, play the box and slot, I see a extension with Amos, and picking up the 5th years option with Savage, Cine late one early 2nd or I've liked this guy Nick Cross from Maryland in the 3rd, both are big and quick, hard hitting safety's
I like Cross too if he's there in the 3rd.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My final mock for the Packers using all their original picks. Not going to use a simulator. All comments stating the player won't be available at a spot will be disregarded and replied with a stern :nono: .

22. Trent McDuffie, CB
28. Travis Jones, IDL
53. Jaquan Brisker, S
59. George Pickens, WR
92. Josh Paschal, EDGE
132. Tyquan Thornton, WR
140. Rasheed Walker, OT
171. Daniel Bellinger, TE
228. Eric Johnson, DL
249. Chance Campbell, LB
258. Bamidele Olaseni, OT

Changed up my CB/S picks. Still don't like Edge that late and I'm not sure Paschal is there (my mock, I can say it). Wanted to double up OT earlier. Don't like missing out on all my preferred TE's, but something has to give (and I expect Tyquan to go a bit higher than most have him mocked).
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Here's the mock I currently have in the contest. I know there will be trades, but I'm having a hard enough time already this year. So I'm thinking I'll keep it as is. Enough stressing about something I know I won't get right. Time to sit back and enjoy it. I may mess with my 1st round mock a bit more. I keep tweaking things. But as usual, news is going all over the place.

And yes, none of these players will be available at those spots. Except the ones people don't want in the first place.

1(22) - Daxton Hill, S
1(28) - Logan Hall, EDGE
2(53) - George Pickens, WR
2(59) - Perrion Winfrey, DL
3(92) - Jelani Woods, TE
4(132) - Tyquan Thornton, WR
4(140) - Rasheed Walker, OT
5(171) - Luke Goedeke, OT
7(228) - Jaylen Watson, CB
7(249) - Jack Cochran, LB
7(258) - Isaiah Weston, WR
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Did a mock for the rest of the way. Pickens, Moore, and Watson went in the 2nd before I could pick. Decided I'd try to trade up in the 3rd to grab Pierce and I couldn't make it happen. Made a random trade up in the 4th thinking someone was left who wasn't. But still got a decent OL prospect for it.
image.png
image.png (150.97 KiB) Viewed 183 times
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Only posting this because look at those trades! :lol:
image.png
image.png (401.21 KiB) Viewed 162 times