Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
22 Apr 2022 17:22
10 billion percent in

I'm so confused as to why they'd want to cut bait? I know they have a new regime coming in, but Toney can't be that mismatched for a system that they'd move him, would they? It must be some off-field action?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

image.png
image.png (113.59 KiB) Viewed 326 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

He was unhappy all last year with his role, and so far this offseason.

Potentially more to it, but he was probably my favorite Packer target last year.

I like the value of him for a 3rd or 4th better than 22, 53 and a future 2023 pick for Samuel right now.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Apr 2022 17:31
image.png
Sounds like some potential leaking of 'information' with an agenda.

Or maybe he's a giant turd. Gute and staff gotta rely on their pre-draft interviews I think.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Toney for a 3 sounds good. We throw our 3rd round picks away anyways and hes still on a rookie deal for a while.

Who would the negative leaks benefit? Seems the negative things would make Toney look bad, so wouldnt be from him...and seems the negative things would hurt his value, so wouldnt be from the org.

Maybe the Packers who want to trade for him? :dunno: :)
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Apr 2022 17:52
Toney for a 3 sounds good. We throw our 3rd round picks away anyways and hes still on a rookie deal for a while.

Who would the negative leaks benefit? Seems the negative things would make Toney look bad, so wouldnt be from him...and seems the negative things would hurt his value, so wouldnt be from the org.

I was thinking that, wouldn't be the team if they want anything decent for him (unless they are somewhat hoping no one offers anything good so they keep him).

Obviously not his camp.

Maybe a team looking into him?

I don't know, just seems weird. Not one report I've ever seen about this kind of stuff with him until 15 minutes minutes after its known he is eligible for trade. Been around the block a few times to know that this likely isn't coincidence and someone is pushing some kind of agenda and someone looking to get some clicks is more than happy to report it.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Well he's sounding like a turd but there is 2 sides to every story. Still the I don't like my role stuff from a rookie is a major prob imo. Its a team sport check your ego esp if you sucked and couldn't stay healthy

Saying all that I'd offer a 4th and a conditional pick :lol:
Last edited by Backthepack4ever on 22 Apr 2022 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

'Love the talent with Toney big time, but I am inclined to believe those rumors. There is a reason why they are moving on from a first-round pick after 1 year, especially when NYG doesn't have much talent on their roster anyway. And this is a guy who needed quite a bit of work at his craft coming out, so if he's unwilling to do that... forget it.

To the inevitable "maybe a change of scenery will do him good" ... I need a plausible reason to believe the scenery will have that effect, not just wishful thinking. "play for a contender! play for Aaron Rodgers!" ... wishful thinking, nothing more.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

BF004 wrote:
22 Apr 2022 17:56
Drj820 wrote:
22 Apr 2022 17:52

I was thinking that, wouldn't be the team if they want anything decent for him (unless they are somewhat hoping no one offers anything good so they keep him).

Obviously not his camp.

Maybe a team looking into him?

I don't know, just seems weird. Not one report I've ever seen about this kind of stuff with him until 15 minutes minutes after its known he is eligible for trade. Been around the block a few times to know that this likely isn't coincidence and someone is pushing some kind of agenda and someone looking to get some clicks is more than happy to report it.

He came in the league with some off field stuff I believe. I know he was suspended from a few games in college

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

He was suspended for not living up to the Gator standard, whatever that is.

He raps under the pseudonym Yung Joka.

He was pulled over and had a loaded AR-15 in his car.

With the Giants he showed up to OTAs in the wrong size cleats, suffered foot problems, at one point was walking around the field with one shoe.

He punched a player last year and was heavily fined.

The team that knows him best doesn't want him.

He is a walking red flag.

Straight up for Amari Rodgers.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yah, if he isn’t screwed in the head, Tommy likey.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Giants decline 5th year option on Daniel Jones. And QB carousel keeps turning and churning...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

That's bad drafting.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
29 Apr 2022 12:01
That's bad drafting.
They had whoppin' five first rounders in 2019 and 2020 combined. Ferrell, Jacobs, Abram, Ruggs, Arnette. That's an epic fail if I've ever seen one.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
That's bad drafting.
Seems like a future New York Jets headline in 3 years

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Not a story from this draft, but that's a hell of a story! Would love to know who that was.
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I don't understand the Browns.

Mayfield should have been moved already. Whatever the Panthers were offering was good enough...

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

ESPN’s Bart Scott Says NFL Teams Need Players With ‘A Couple Of Felonies’ To Win

Former NFL linebacker turned ESPN analyst Bart Scott said Thursday that in order for teams to be successful, they need to have players with a couple of felonies to their name.

“You have to get some tough guys and everyone can’t be choir boys,” Scott said, via USA Today’s Scooby Axson. “When I was with the Ravens we had to make sure that we had at least two people on the team with a couple of felonies, just to make sure our street cred was right, when we had to go in these back alleys and have some of these dog fights.

“Sometimes you have to have some people that’s not no choir boys. That’s why you have a strong locker room to hold them in check.”

https://www.outkick.com/espns-bart-scot ... ies-to-win

Thank you! Finally someone else speaks the truth

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
That's bad drafting.
**snip**
Jacobs and Abram were at least supposed to go in that range, and Jacobs did have that nice one season before regressing hard. It's possible they were not going to work out anywhere, but Raiders are definitely one of the more incompetent orgs in the league, so I could see the destination having set them up for failure.

Ferrell was an absolutely ludicrous pick at #4 overall. It was said that they took him because Gruden wanted to change the culture and Ferrell was the highest character guy in the draft.

:thwap:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto