NFL Draft 2022 - Day 1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

How did we do

I hate the pick
11%
Reach
11%
We could have had him 5 picks later
44%
Why didn't we know when that guy was gunna go and trade up ahead of them
33%

Total votes: 9

BF004
Reactions:

NFL Draft 2022 - Day 1

Post by BF004 »

>

image.png
image.png (584.88 KiB) Viewed 600 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If there is any Aaron Rodgers drama that comes out today. Imma lose my &%$@.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 07:05
If there is any Aaron Rodgers drama that comes out today. Imma lose my &%$@.
He'll be on McAfee. So if there is drama from other sources, we'll get his opinion right away. Or we'll see it right from the source.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

If 't be true thee spoil the pick, forum misprise shalt beest discharged upon thee untethered...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
28 Apr 2022 07:10
If 't be true thee spoil the pick, forum misprise shalt beest discharged upon thee untethered...
Well....APB is already drunk. :lol:

So what will people be watching? I'm going to hang out online again, rather than on TV. Probably have NFL.com's coverage running, along with a Packer-centric stream of some sort, and McAfee. Big board and draft contest on another screen. Beer at my side.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Here are the trade value charts.

Rich Hill's updated 2022 chart:
_
image.png
image.png (592.88 KiB) Viewed 579 times
_
Traditional trade value chart:
_
image.png
image.png (178.26 KiB) Viewed 579 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think I am down to wanting one of the following 3 things today.

Trade up to 11 (Washington) for Jameson Williams, sounds like he'll be ready sooner than later, may only miss TC and a couple of games.

Trade up to 14 (Baltimore) for Olave

Trade up to 17 (Chargers) for Burks

All of these trades should allow us to keep 28 (unless we do like a 22 and 28 for 14 and 40 type of deal or something). And after going back and just watching more clips and cuts, I'd love Jahan Dotson at 28. Reminds me a bit of a souped up Randall Cobb, a little shiftier, but similar athlete. Guy is just really really good when you watch him, polished, catches well, great routes, good chance he'd out produce anyone else in this draft class and be a OROY candidate in this offense. He is ready to contribute day one. Numbers don't really match what you see on film, but things like jumping and hand size are legit concerns. But I just really like him.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I already LOVE the pick! Seriously.
:-)

I’m thinking we trade BACK and still get a WR that was on the short list of Guty’s board. Then, trade BACK again to get OLine or DLine help.

But I’m happy with whatever happens tonight, no matter what. In Guty, I trust!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 08:02
My personal preference is to trade down from 22 all the way into Round 2 and just see what is there at 28 and high Round 2. I just think the talent from 28-40 is not considerably less than 15-22. I just don't get giving up draft capital just because we have it. With the value they get from a trade down at 22, they can trade up multiple times from other slots in The Draft for targeted players.

I will be OK trading up for Williams or Olave if the price is right, but I'm not giving up a dime to move up for Burks.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
28 Apr 2022 08:07
BF004 wrote:
My personal preference is to trade down from 22 all the way into Round 2 and just see what is there at 28 and high Round 2. I just think the talent from 28-40 is not considerably less than 15-22. I just don't get giving up draft capital just because we have it. With the value they get from a trade down at 22, they can trade up multiple times from other slots in The Draft for targeted players.

I will be OK trading up for Williams or Olave if the price is right, but I'm not giving up a dime to move up for Burks.
I don't even have Burks in the 1st round. But I also still have 5 QBs in the 1st. Very hard to predict who drops out in this one.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]BF004[/mention] Can you make it so we can select all options in the poll?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 08:12
@BF004 Can you make it so we can select all options in the poll?
Why the hell not. Done.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
28 Apr 2022 08:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 08:12
@BF004 Can you make it so we can select all options in the poll?
Why the hell not. Done.
I need an option that states this pick shows the front office is not serious about winning and/or the front office is disrespecting Aaron Rodgers with the pick. 8-)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:

Trade up to 11 (Washington) for Jameson Williams, sounds like he'll be ready sooner than later, may only miss TC and a couple of games.

Trade up to 14 (Baltimore) for Olave

Trade up to 17 (Chargers) for Burks

All of these trades should allow us to keep 28 (unless we do like a 22 and 28 for 14 and 40 type of deal or something). And after going back and just watching more clips and cuts, I'd love Jahan Dotson at 28. Reminds me a bit of a souped up Randall Cobb, a little shiftier, but similar athlete. Guy is just really really good when you watch him, polished, catches well, great routes, good chance he'd out produce anyone else in this draft class and be a OROY candidate in this offense. He is ready to contribute day one. Numbers don't really match what you see on film, but things like jumping and hand size are legit concerns. But I just really like him.
this basically says it all for me, I don't want a receiver that needs a year to groom, I don't want a receiver that drops half of everything thrown at him, until Rodgers leaves I expect every season he's here to be treated as his last, other wise it's made zero sense to keep him.

every other position besides WR comes second to that need, that means WR comes first, trade to line up value, then fill in other positions, not vice versa.

we have a borderline top 10 defense, or basically a defense that has been able to keep us in every game, so we don't actually have to prioritize defense, although I'am sure we will try and improve some talent there, so basically it's OL and WR that are of more urgent needs, so thats what I would like to accomplish.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Awful pick. How could Gute pick [that guy]!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

how about a option that says GREAT PICK, who here didn't like the Stokes pick last year? myself, I defended the pick, and it turned out to be a great pick.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2022 09:26
how about a option that says GREAT PICK, who here didn't like the Stokes pick last year? myself, I defended the pick, and it turned out to be a great pick.
viewtopic.php?p=44467#p44467

Who didn't like him? Many people were less than thrilled with the pick, including you. :shock:
Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:47
as soon as I read the stuff about tight hips, and that he rarely plays squared up I moved on to other prospects for our CB needs, we took Keven KIng based on speed, he to had a pre draft profile that spoke of these flaws, hopefully stokes can over come them.
Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 10:31
the more I read, the less I like, he seems like a King clone, tight hips, and a grabber, KIng got rid of the grabbing, but I don't think there is a cure for the hips, more speed though obviously helps, my point Yoho is this, he will struggle against fast shifty receivers, specially so in the slot, just my opinion.
The point is that many people ALREADY have their mind made up about the pick even before it is picked. If it isn't the 1 or 2 guys they like or have researched, they automatically will be skeptical about the pick.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 09:58
Yoop wrote:

Who didn't like him? Many people were less than thrilled with the pick, including you. :shock:
Yoop wrote:
as soon as I read the stuff about tight hips, and that he rarely plays squared up I moved on to other prospects for our CB needs, we took Keven KIng based on speed, he to had a pre draft profile that spoke of these flaws, hopefully stokes can over come them.
Yoop wrote:
the more I read, the less I like, he seems like a King clone, tight hips, and a grabber, KIng got rid of the grabbing, but I don't think there is a cure for the hips, more speed though obviously helps, my point Yoho is this, he will struggle against fast shifty receivers, specially so in the slot, just my opinion.
The point is that many people ALREADY have their mind made up about the pick even before it is picked. If it isn't the 1 or 2 guys they like or have researched, they automatically will be skeptical about the pick.
Yeah, LOL, yoop was one of the few who were down on the Stokes pick, probably due to reading only the negatives on the scouting reports. That's, by the way, a great way to be bummed about ANY pick. There are no prospects with no negatives.

I looked at a couple of game tapes, and was sold. Those gazelle feet were just special, and he never seemed out of position to contest for balls (except when he had weird balance issues we luckily seem to have corrected early in his career).

Whomever we pick, don't only read the negatives!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 10:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 09:58
Yoop wrote:

Yoop wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Yeah, LOL, yoop was one of the few who were down on the Stokes pick, probably due to reading only the negatives on the scouting reports. That's, by the way, a great way to be bummed about ANY pick. There are no prospects with no negatives.

I looked at a couple of game tapes, and was sold. Those gazelle feet were just special, and he never seemed out of position to contest for balls (except when he had weird balance issues we luckily seem to have corrected early in his career).

Whomever we pick, don't only read the negatives!
don't remember to well, but I wasn't that down on the pick, I've always said often CB's start early, and he did, I don't memorize who I did or didn't like.

just struck me odd, our only options given are complainer option, other then Love and Gary I've liked our first round picks