Packer 2022 Defense Thoughts

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

LombardiTime wrote:
28 Apr 2022 22:18
Thought Lowry & Barnes were the only below average projected starters.

Signing of Reed already improved the DT position. Wyatt is a huge talent upgrade. Slaton might be something.

Getting an athlete like Walker is also a potential huge upgrade at ILB ... this season.

No comment on the receiving corps. :)
All we need to do is average 3 points a game and this team is going undefeated. So who needs receivers?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Mar 2022 20:17
If Gutey could draft a defensive lineman capable of starting Day One ........... that would be great. Cuz Kenny Clark really needs to get some help up front. Too bad Montravious Adams wasn't the answer. We need to find the next Cullen Jenkins and Ryan Pickett. Or at least another Grady Jackson or Santana Dotson.
:beer: :beer: :woohoo: :beer: :beer:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 29 Apr 2022 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

----------Savage----------Amos----------
Stokes----------Alexander----------Douglas
----------Walker----------Campbell----------
Smith----------Wyatt----------Clark----------Gary

Off the Bench:
Barnes
Lowry
Slaton
Reed
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There are still a lot of edges and safeties available I still really like.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 22:53

Off the Bench:
Barnes
Lowry
Slaton
Reed
Opposing qbs are going to have Georgia on their minds!
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
28 Apr 2022 23:00
There are still a lot of edges and safeties available I still really like.
Hall, Jackson
Brisker, Pitre
Those are my favorites, but there are more too.
RIP JustJeff

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

I was excited about the D before the additions of Reed, Walker, and Wyatt.

I just can't fathom how good this D might be in 2022. It really feels like I'm rooting for a different team with all that defensive talent.

Would love to see another Edge & DB (don't care if he is a CB or S) selected with two of the 5 picks in rounds 2-4.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

LombardiTime wrote:
28 Apr 2022 23:02
I was excited about the D before the additions of Reed, Walker, and Wyatt.

I just can't fathom how good this D might be in 2022. It really feels like I'm rooting for a different team with all that defensive talent.

Would love to see another Edge & DB (don't care if he is a CB or S) selected with two of the 5 picks in rounds 2-4.
Hell yeah!!!

We are a defensive and running team. We are not the Packers of old.

I love the makeup of this new team.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

David Ojabo | EDGE
Boye Mafe | EDGE
Jaquan Brisker | S
Jalen Pitre | S
Kingsley Enagbare | EDGE
Cameron Thomas | EDGE
Myjai Sanders | EDGE
Nick Cross | S
Sam Williams | EDGE
Bryan Cook | S
Kerby Joseph | S

I like Cross are the end of the 2nd.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Add a developmental safety, edge, and an STs mainly prospect or two, and this has the makings of a D I haven't seen in my time in GB.

To be fair, considering all the investment we've put there, it better be special.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
29 Apr 2022 05:59
Add a developmental safety, edge, and an STs mainly prospect or two, and this has the makings of a D I haven't seen in my time in GB.

To be fair, considering all the investment we've put there, it better be special.
To be fair, we have always invested in the defense.

We were just not very good investors.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Apr 2022 22:53

Off the Bench:
Barnes
Lowry
Slaton
Reed
Looks like a championship defense. Savage needs to improve.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This may be the first season in...ever...that I look forward to seeing the defense on the field more than the offense. This unit is gonna be reeeaaallll good!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Never too late to order your "4 GUTEY" personalized car, SUV or truck license plate. :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Apr 2022 22:47
LombardiTime wrote:

Signing of Reed already improved the DT position. Wyatt is a huge talent upgrade. Slaton might be something.

Getting an athlete like Walker is also a potential huge upgrade at ILB ... this season.

All we need to do is average 3 points a game and this team is going undefeated. So who needs receivers?
well we don't need Rodgers to accomplish that, we should have traded him, more ammo to spend on defense.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
29 Apr 2022 06:40
This may be the first season in...ever...that I look forward to seeing the defense on the field more than the offense. This unit is gonna be reeeaaallll good!
Imagining Lambeau in a frenzy every time the defense takes the field. This could be epic if the players and coaches can make it happen.

1996 Packers D with HOFs Reggie and Leroy only gave up 19 TDs in the regular season. 19 is a tough benchmark. '85 Bears with HOFs Hampton, Dent and Singletary gave up 20. I think the Ravens D with HOFs Ed Reed and Ray Lewis hold the record with 18.

Now we have a 17 game season. Let's shoot for 20, huh? :idn:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

go pak go wrote:
Throwing the ball is an unnecessary distraction when Jones, Dillon, and Hill are rumbling down the field.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
29 Apr 2022 07:35
go pak go wrote:
Throwing the ball is an unnecessary distraction when Jones, Dillon, and Hill are rumbling down the field.
then why hold onto Aaron Rodgers? when the run doesn't move the chains, then passing is what does, this is a passing league and always will be, I really am baffled why we didn't trade Rodgers for multiple 1st round picks if we weren't going to restock the receiver room, this makes no sense to me.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2022 06:47
go pak go wrote:
LombardiTime wrote:

well we don't need Rodgers to accomplish that, we should have traded him, more ammo to spend on defense.
Well no. We just are building what Tom Brady has had in New England and Tampa Bay. We have a defense that should take significant pressure off Rodgers. We had it last year. And we may even see improvement this year.

It's just that last January was an anomaly of STs miscues and outlier of really poor offensive production.
Yoop wrote:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2022 07:47
Waldo wrote:
29 Apr 2022 07:35
go pak go wrote:
then why hold onto Aaron Rodgers? when the run doesn't move the chains, then passing is what does, this is a passing league and always will be, I really am baffled why we didn't trade Rodgers for multiple 1st round picks if we weren't going to restock the receiver room, this makes no sense to me.
Folks are using sarcasm, cause the WR situation sure is dire.

After looking at the next group of WRs, I feel a lot better. We can get immediate help there. We can still trade for one. There are avenues to end up with a respectable group of pass catchers.