NFL Draft 2022 - Day 2

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man. Travis Jones and Raimann still there.

Peter Bukowski eating a little humble pie on his Travis Jones fetish right now

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
29 Apr 2022 20:58
Dear sweet lord Jelani Woods is a specimen.
Yes he is. Was my favorite target left.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:05

Me, as well. :cry:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

We have the Brewer game on. When do we pick again so I can change the channel?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ravens getting all the talented guys who are slipping. Hamilton, Ojabo, and Travis Jones. And get the best center. As usual, Ravens seem to be winning the draft.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Welp, there he goes

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:06
BF004 wrote:

At 77 now, we pick 93. Depends on how fast they go. Could be an hour.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:07
They're on pick 77, we have pick 92 so you have a bit
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
Ravens getting all the talented guys who are slipping. Hamilton, Ojabo, and Travis Jones. And get the best center. As usual, Ravens seem to be winning the draft.
And got said center for trading away an undersized middling WR who’s about off his rookie contract

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:06
BF004 wrote:

You ever just feel like the Ravens and Lions watch your draft board?

I sure do.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:

Well that didn’t last long

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

okay I tuned in like 15 minutes ago when I saw that we had no late 2nd-rounders. I like getting Rounds 1 and 2 all at once....

I'm -amped- about getting Watson; he was the WR target I wanted most. That alone makes me happy with the draft.

I'm a bit lukewarm on our first round. I like adding young talent at ILB and DT, just not overly enthused by the actual players selected. Walker is a good traditional MIKE linebacker, but I kind of liked several other LB prospects more for what they brought to the table.

I'm warming up to this idea as I think about it more but on the other hand, kinda think "could have gotten the same and more from, like, Chenal, Lloyd, etc."

Wyatt, meh. Sounds like the DV stuff is bunk but there's lot of other stuff about him I don't like: age, low intelligence. The DV stuff still worries me in the sense that he may be totally innocent, but it's troubling that he keeps finding himself in that situation.

Sorry, I am going to have to (silently) be a doubter/skeptic on this one until I start seeing it prove me wrong. We hit big on Clark, but have otherwise not been good on DT picks, and I see some parallels here with guys like Worthy, Montravious -- talented bigs, but didn't have their minds right.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:09
paco wrote:
And got said center for trading away an undersized middling WR who’s about off his rookie contract
But annoyed their franchise Qb in doing so...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:08
Pugger wrote:
They're on pick 77, we have pick 92 so you have a bit
Okay, thanks. And thanks guys for posting the picks by others in the meanwhile. :packers:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Dangit, Alex Wright off the board already.

Liked him. Really narrows the "EDGE I like in the 3rd or 4th" category considering I had only 2 real favorites and now one is gone.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

On a side note, boy did the board not fall our way at WR. London, Olave, Wilson, Jameson all gone, that was expected, by then Burks and even Dotson?!? Yeah haha, not great. Even other guys who could have helped us on O like Penning, Green ( ;) ), Johnson, all gone.

Not a good 'board at 22 or 28., didn't really like anyone there but Hill, Cine (the team doesn't seem to see S worth a 1st), and Hall.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Labrev wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:10
okay I tuned in like 15 minutes ago when I saw that we had no late 2nd-rounders. I like getting Rounds 1 and 2 all at once....

I'm -amped- about getting Watson; he was the WR target I wanted most. That alone makes me happy with the draft.

I'm a bit lukewarm on our first round. I like adding young talent at ILB and DT, just not overly enthused by the actual players selected. Walker is a good traditional MIKE linebacker, but I kind of liked several other LB prospects more for what they brought to the table.

I'm warming up to this idea as I think about it more but on the other hand, kinda think "could have gotten the same and more from, like, Chenal, Lloyd, etc."

Wyatt, meh. Sounds like the DV stuff is bunk but there's lot of other stuff about him I don't like: age, low intelligence. The DV stuff still worries me in the sense that he may be totally innocent, but it's troubling that he keeps finding himself in that situation.

Sorry, I am going to have to (silently) be a doubter/skeptic on this one until I start seeing it prove me wrong. We hit big on Clark, but have otherwise not been good on DT picks, and I see some parallels here with guys like Worthy, Montravious -- talented bigs, but didn't have their minds right.
Defensive lineman are hard to judge. We will not hit on all of them. Clark, Lowry, Slaton looks solid are all good. Seems to have a good motor which is what I always look for in lineman. Get those effort plays.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Dulcich was one of my favorite TE's. Ruckert and Bellinger are probably the only 2 I really like. I kind of like Likely, but he tested so poorly.

The rest are just, meh.

My best avail.
Leal, Winfrey, Cross, Ruckert, Tom. Kept other LBs off the list.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

ROUGH stretch for me. Love Woods (JT). Loved Wright. Loved Woods (Jelani). Loved Jones. Liked Lucas. Had Dulcich in the Packers draft contest (because I predicted it, not because I wanted it, though)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:11
BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2022 21:09
paco wrote:
But annoyed their franchise Qb in doing so...

lamar needs to grow up
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur