Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
30 Apr 2022 22:40

ESPN’s Bart Scott Says NFL Teams Need Players With ‘A Couple Of Felonies’ To Win

Former NFL linebacker turned ESPN analyst Bart Scott said Thursday that in order for teams to be successful, they need to have players with a couple of felonies to their name.

“You have to get some tough guys and everyone can’t be choir boys,” Scott said, via USA Today’s Scooby Axson. “When I was with the Ravens we had to make sure that we had at least two people on the team with a couple of felonies, just to make sure our street cred was right, when we had to go in these back alleys and have some of these dog fights.

“Sometimes you have to have some people that’s not no choir boys. That’s why you have a strong locker room to hold them in check.”

https://www.outkick.com/espns-bart-scot ... ies-to-win

Thank you! Finally someone else speaks the truth
other then some domestic violence most of the felony's are non violent crime, Bart Scott and others who promote violence in the game imo are a diminishing breed, besides ya don't have to be a criminal to play tough.

I wonder who these choir boys in the nfl are, sounds like a old vet who says these players would never cut it in my day.

I'am glad the Packers avoid these type of players, far as I know there isn't a felon on the team, least not a felony based on a violence charge.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

2019 First Year Options

19 exercised, 2 released, 11 declined.
1. Quarterback Kyler Murray, Cardinals: $29,703,000 – Exercised
2. Defensive end Nick Bosa, 49ers: $17,859,000 – Exercised
3. Defensive end Quinnen Williams, Jets: $11,500,000 – Exercised
4. Defensive end Clelin Ferrell, Raiders: $11,500,000 – Declined
5. Linebacker Devin White, Buccaneers: $11,706,000 – Exercised
6. Quarterback Daniel Jones, Giants: $22,384,000 – Declined
7. Defensive end Josh Allen, Jaguars: $11,500,000 – Exercised
8. Tight end T.J. Hockenson, Lions: $9,392,000 – Exercised
9. Defensive tackle Ed Oliver, Bills: $10,753,000 – Exercised
10. Linebacker Devin Bush, Steelers: $10,892,000 – Declined
11. Tackle Jonah Williams, Bengals: $12,604,000 – Exercised
12. Linebacker Rashan Gary, Packers: $10,892,000 – Exercised
13. Defensive tackle Christian Wilkins, Dolphins: $10,753,000 – Exercised
14. Guard Chris Lindstrom, Falcons: $13,202,000 – Exercised
15. Quarterback Dwayne Haskins: - Released
16. Defensive end Brian Burns, Panthers: $16,012,000 – Exercised
17. Defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence, Giants: $10,753,000 – Exercised
18. Center Garrett Bradbury, Vikings: $13,202,000 – Declined
19. Defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons, Titans: $10,753,000 – Exercised
20. Tight end Noah Fant, Broncos: $6,850,000 – Exercised
21. Safety Darnell Savage, Packers: $7,901,000 – Exercised
22. Tackle Andre Dillard, Eagles: $12,604,000 – Declined
23. Tackle Tytus Howard, Texans: $13,202,000 – Exercised
24. Running back Josh Jacobs, Raiders: $8,034,000 – Declined
25. Wide receiver Marquise Brown, Ravens: $13,413,000 – Exercised
26. Defensive end Montez Sweat, Commanders: $11,500,000 – Exercised
27. Safety Johnathan Abram, Raiders: $7,901,000 – Declined
28. Defensive end Jerry Tillery, Chargers: $11,500,000 – Declined
29. Defensive end L.J. Collier, Seahawks: $11,500,000 – Declined
30. Cornerback Deandre Baker: - Released.
31. Tackle Kaleb McGary, Falcons: $13,202,000 – Declined
32. Wide receiver N'Keal Harry, Patriots: $12,425,000 – Declined

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Almost 60% success rate. Or only 60% success rate.

Makes me appreciate every 1st round success we've had.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
03 May 2022 10:10
Almost 60% success rate. Or only 60% success rate.

Makes me appreciate every 1st round success we've had.
Picks 27-32: 5 declined, 1 released
Picks 1-26: 19 exercised, 6 declined, 1 released

Now that’s a tier marker!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bummed to see HoneyBadger go to one of my most-hated non-divisional teams, especially when I thought he could be an unreal addition to scotchguard our secondary against injury and attrition this year, but 3 years, $33 million is more than I would have wanted. I was thinking maybe 2 years, $20 million with 3 void years at the end to spread the hit over 3 years instead of 2, but the Saints go too rich for my blood.

Honestly, I really hope (and can't wait if it does) for this refusal to take their lumps and rebuild after Payton and Brees leave blows up in their face. They used two 2022 3rd round picks, a 2022 4th round pick, a 2023 1st round pick, and a 2024 2nd round pick to get a receiver whose ceiling (in my opinion) is Calvin Ridley (drafted in the 20s). They did so in part because he's the "perfect complement" to Michael Thomas, who just sat out a whole year with injury/headcase issues. And they're doing all of this with Jameis Winston at QB who can be fine or a disaster, and without their high-profile "boy genius" type of head coach, who has now retired in favor of broadcasting.

Going all-in right now is a fascinating choice. I hope it fails epically

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2022 13:20
Bummed to see HoneyBadger go to one of my most-hated non-divisional teams, especially when I thought he could be an unreal addition to scotchguard our secondary against injury and attrition this year, but 3 years, $33 million is more than I would have wanted. I was thinking maybe 2 years, $20 million with 3 void years at the end to spread the hit over 3 years instead of 2, but the Saints go too rich for my blood.

Honestly, I really hope (and can't wait if it does) for this refusal to take their lumps and rebuild after Payton and Brees leave blows up in their face. They used two 2022 3rd round picks, a 2022 4th round pick, a 2023 1st round pick, and a 2024 2nd round pick to get a receiver whose ceiling (in my opinion) is Calvin Ridley (drafted in the 20s). They did so in part because he's the "perfect complement" to Michael Thomas, who just sat out a whole year with injury/headcase issues. And they're doing all of this with Jameis Winston at QB who can be fine or a disaster, and without their high-profile "boy genius" type of head coach, who has now retired in favor of broadcasting.

Going all-in right now is a fascinating choice. I hope it fails epically
Eww, the Saints.

Can't believe they are still going all in with Jameis and a brand new HC. Have a feeling they will be drafting a new QB and a signing a new HC in about 3 years.

I absolutely would have loved him a ton. But no way touching that money.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Willis is gonna have his job soon. Not because WIllis is some amazing prospect, but because tannehill sucks
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

One thing I've learned watching Romeo Doubs videos.... Carson Strong may have a hollow spot in his knee and can't move at all, but golly can he place a football wherever he wants to at whatever speed he wants to. Great UDFA signing by Philly. If Hurts doesn't ball out this year, the team has two 1sts to get a QB next year and already has a backup succession plan in place, haha.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2022 13:29
One thing I've learned watching Romeo Doubs videos.... Carson Strong may have a hollow spot in his knee and can't move at all, but golly can he place a football wherever he wants to at whatever speed he wants to. Great UDFA signing by Philly. If Hurts doesn't ball out this year, the team has two 1sts to get a QB next year and already has a backup succession plan in place, haha.
Sigh...

So, it's me vs you, again, for a long-shot QB in Dynasty, huh?

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I've seen more love for Quay Walker post draft then I ever saw prior, never even heard his name till last Thursday, now this.

Odds for defensive rookie of the year
Here are the top favorites on the board at BetMGM for defensive rookie of the year:

Hutchinson +450
Thibodeaux +450
Walker +700
Quay Walker +800 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jermaine Johnson II +900
Derek Stingley Jr. +900
Devin Lloyd +1000
Ahmad Gardner +1000
Kyle Hamilton +1100

Everyone else has odds of 16-to-1 or longer.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
04 May 2022 18:38
I've seen more love for Quay Walker post draft then I ever saw prior, never even heard his name till last Thursday, now this.

Odds for defensive rookie of the year
Here are the top favorites on the board at BetMGM for defensive rookie of the year:

Hutchinson +450
Thibodeaux +450
Walker +700
Quay Walker +800 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jermaine Johnson II +900
Derek Stingley Jr. +900
Devin Lloyd +1000
Ahmad Gardner +1000
Kyle Hamilton +1100

Everyone else has odds of 16-to-1 or longer.
Move over 52 .......... Quay's in town now. :dance:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
04 May 2022 18:38
Wait, Yoop! Are you telling me you don't read my posts? I feel betrayed! :cry: :lol:
YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Mar 2022 13:53
@BF004 I love this. I'm not a HUGE Penning fan, as he's a bit more developmental and speculative for a round one OL, but with the way the rest of it went, it works nicely.

I like Leo Chenal, also, but am curious if Quay Walker was still available there, as I like Walker a bit more. Walker reminds me of De'Vondre Campbell but a little more ready-to-play than when Campbell entered the league--though his limited starting experience and the host of talent on the Georgia defense makes him a tricky evaluation. Chenal may be a better complement to Campbell anyway.

Also love the small jump forward for Watson; I've been eyeing something like that, as well.
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Apr 2022 07:43
I feel like I've been a lot more laser-focused on my absolute favorites this year at the expense of putting out more names that I like and I just wanted to list a bunch of guys I like, but who for whatever reason (perceived draft stock/value, positional needs, just obsessed with other favorites) I haven't talked as much about.

So I wanted to go position by position, and just make some lists of guys I like (bolded guys being my oft-mentioned favorites)

Off-Ball Linebacker
Nakobe Dean
Devin Lloyd
Quay Walker
Leo Chenal
Chad Muma
Christian Harris
Troy Anderson
Darrian Beavers
D'Marco Jackson
Jeremiah Gremmel
Terrell Bernard

I probably forgot several people. But I did just want to expand my list of names I highlight
I even put him in bold! :mrgreen:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Colts signing Dennis Kelly

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2022 19:46
Wait, Yoop! Are you telling me you don't read my posts? I feel betrayed!
I'am sure I read it, but it just didn't register, probably because I certainly didn't expect we'd draft a ILB this high, so I didn't invest a lot of time researching lbers :lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Felony arrest warrant issued against Earl Thomas (violations of no-contact order):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldg ... ore-ravens
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

texas wrote:

ESPN’s Bart Scott Says NFL Teams Need Players With ‘A Couple Of Felonies’ To Win

Former NFL linebacker turned ESPN analyst Bart Scott said Thursday that in order for teams to be successful, they need to have players with a couple of felonies to their name.

“You have to get some tough guys and everyone can’t be choir boys,” Scott said, via USA Today’s Scooby Axson. “When I was with the Ravens we had to make sure that we had at least two people on the team with a couple of felonies, just to make sure our street cred was right, when we had to go in these back alleys and have some of these dog fights.

“Sometimes you have to have some people that’s not no choir boys. That’s why you have a strong locker room to hold them in check.”

It helps to have aggression, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Glad to see Scott bringing that "outside of the box" thinking that is so desperately needed at ESPN. I miss the days when receivers were afraid to run the post route because the FS wanted to inflict pain. By and large I'd prefer to have a healthy balance of intelligent players on both sides of the ball, but you've gotta have the animalistic Warren Sapp/Mike Tyson types who only understand aggression and nothing else. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
10 May 2022 12:33
texas wrote:

It helps to have aggression, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Glad to see Scott bringing that "outside of the box" thinking that is so desperately needed at ESPN. I miss the days when receivers were afraid to run the post route because the FS wanted to inflict pain. By and large I'd prefer to have a healthy balance of intelligent players on both sides of the ball, but you've gotta have the animalistic Warren Sapp/Mike Tyson types who only understand aggression and nothing else. :lol:
Bart Scott is a moron, ya don't need to be a criminal to play aggressively, and if the FS hits a defenseless receiver it's a penalty, that cheap shot stuff is finally being done away with, players that intentionally try to hurt other players should be ejected.

Warren SApp is a great example of a cheap shot jerk, not only did he blind side Clifton, then when called on it he threatens a 60 yr old coach, just a smart ass punk.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Labrev wrote:
10 May 2022 11:54
Felony arrest warrant issued against Earl Thomas (violations of no-contact order):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldg ... ore-ravens
Then let's sign him!