OTA's 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

OTA's 2022

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazy to think about. Our current starting offense today...

Code: Select all

Watson       Nijman Runyan Myers Newman VanLanen   Daguara       Cobb
                            Love

Imagine reading that about 13 months ago, lol.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Van Lanen and Newman at RT, eh?

With Bakh not there and Nijmen at LT, I wonder if he's going to be in the mix on the right as much as we all anticipated. If he were a more proven guy who didn't take 3 years on the PS to develop, I'd say switching sides wasn't a huge deal. But I feel like if he were competing for th starting RT job upon the season opener, I'd want him over there as much as possible in the offseason.

Will be fun/interesting to monitor.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bahk still not practicing, normal and cool im sure. amirite.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2022 16:00
I still say yep, it is. Here is my measuring stick, if Aaron shows up for mandatory minicamp and Bak is still standing there, I will raise the red flag. Right now they afford to be overly cautious and go through there process. Whenever the time comes that it’s important enough for Aaron to be under center, I expect Bak to be going through the motions at LT or then I agree we have a much bigger problem.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
24 May 2022 16:04
Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2022 16:00
I still say yep, it is. Here is my measuring stick, if Aaron shows up for mandatory minicamp and Bak is still standing there, I will raise the red flag. Right now they afford to be overly cautious and go through there process. Whenever the time comes that it’s important enough for Aaron to be under center, I expect Bak to be going through the motions at LT or then I agree we have a much bigger problem.
fair enough.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Tonyan, Hill and Jenkins all look pretty good. Bakh not so much

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah im cool with not panicking and "waiting and seeing" and all that...but I mean come on...it would be more normal if he was out there with the problem all behind him at this point, than how we are seeing it play out at this point.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

I liked J-Love's comments after practice. Basically supported Aaron in not being there and knows his reasons, but said: "He is not here right now so I'm the man right now. That is the way I look at it."

That is exactly how he should look at it. J-Love is hungry and will get his shot someday. Aaron sat 3 years.

The Packers raise that Lombardi this year, and I think Aaron will choose to go out on top. J-Love era may begin in 2023. The future is bright for Jordan. All the haters that say he will never amount to anything...I heard the exact same things said about Aaron from 2005 to 2007. The EXACT same things.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

PackerNation wrote:
24 May 2022 16:28
I liked J-Love's comments after practice. Basically supported Aaron in not being there and knows his reasons, but said: "He is not here right now so I'm the man right now. That is the way I look at it."

That is exactly how he should look at it. J-Love is hungry and will get his shot someday. Aaron sat 3 years.

The Packers raise that Lombardi this year, and I think Aaron will choose to go out on top. J-Love era may begin in 2023. The future is bright for Jordan. All the haters that say he will never amount to anything...I heard the exact same things said about Aaron from 2005 to 2007. The EXACT same things.
What is Aaron's reason for not being there? Does he want 60 mil a year? The Diva gets his money and continues to show exactly the leader he is.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Realist wrote:
24 May 2022 16:37
PackerNation wrote:
What is Aaron's reason for not being there? Does he want 60 mil a year? The Diva gets his money and continues to show exactly the leader he is.
Aaron never missed a OTA day for many years. He is a older player now and chooses to get his body ready in Cali at Pro-Active. Aaron will be there probably for a few days next week, and then for sure for the mini camp on June 7th-9th. Then he will be at the full training camp starting in July.

You don't like Aaron and are trolling for attention. How fun. What is it accomplishing though? Exactly.

Jaire wasn't there either today. Why aren't you calling him a diva? Oh, Aaron obsession. Got it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Realist wrote:
PackerNation wrote:

You do realize this is fairly common throughout the league, right? Maybe a better question is what do either the Packers or Rodgers gain by him being there now that they cannot cultivate in Training Camp?

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I actually really, reallyliked the comments made by... gosh, someone; I forget... but a coupel weeks ago.

Someone basically said that the WRs benefit from learning all the basics before they deal with Rodgers. And that having the chance to get their bearings before Rodgers forms his opinions and starts building the rapport and starts barking at guys who miss assignments is probably a bonus for their learning. They can worry about the information and not about the famously strict QB's judgment.

I genuinely hadn't ever thought of it that way. I hadn't. And we all know I'm not one to needlessly defend Rodgers just because. But I think missing most of OTAs is not only fine, but potentially a relief for the younger guys. He still has minicamps and training camp with them. He can still swing through OTAs and whatnot whenever. I wanted him here this offseason to build relationships and on-field trust with the new receivers. That one commentary from some coach or insider changed my mind.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Realist wrote:
PackerNation wrote:

Didn’t show up last year and won MVP. Next.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

PackerNation wrote:
24 May 2022 16:56
Realist wrote:
PackerNation wrote:
Aaron never missed a OTA day for many years. He is a older player now and chooses to get his body ready in Cali at Pro-Active. Aaron will be there probably for a few days next week, and then for sure for the mini camp on June 7th-9th. Then he will be at the full training camp starting in July.

You don't like Aaron and are trolling for attention. How fun. What is it accomplishing though? Exactly.

Jaire wasn't there either today. Why aren't you calling him a diva? Oh, Aaron obsession. Got it.
Yup. Packer fans disdain for Rodgers is baffling. Hate on him for taking too much money but love Jaire and Bak who are the highest paid at their positions. Hate him for wanting to leave but don’t have any disdain for Adams who actually refused to play for the team meanwhile Rodgers stayed. Rodgers wins MVP and fans first reaction that off-season to just trade him and start Jordumb Love.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bill Huber on Bisaccia
Booming Bisaccia Shows His Tough-Love Style
He was angry. He was excited. He was hands-on coaching. New special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia was in his element at Green Bay Packers OTAs on Tuesday.

BILL HUBER 4 HOURS AGO

GREEN BAY, Wis. – During a special teams period at the start of Tuesday’s organized team activity, Green Bay Packers rookie long snapper Jack Coco sent his snap zooming over the head of punter Pat O’Donnell.

New special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia was furious.

When the punt team broke the huddle for the next play, it wasn’t to Bisaccia’s liking. So, he made them do it again. When the punt team once again didn’t break the huddle as one, Bisaccia again screamed at them to do it again.

Welcome to life with Bisaccia, the 62-years-young man charged with bringing to life a Packers special teams that has been dead for years. When coach Matt LaFleur called Bisaccia a “fiery dude,” he wasn’t kidding.

“That’s him,” cornerback Keisean Nixon, who was a key member of Bisaccia’s special teams with the Raiders, said after Tuesday’s practice. “He’s going to be himself. It’s going to be 100 percent authentic. You’re either going to like it or not. He’s not going to change his ways for nobody.”

It’s not all fire and brimstone from Bisaccia, who as interim coach guided the Raiders to the playoffs last season. During another lengthy special teams period, he hopped and skipped his way to an enthusiastic congratulations for a rep well done by outside linebacker La’Darius Hamilton. Moments later, he yelled, “Good job 4-9” to tight end Dominique Dafney.

After the period, as the players jogged off the field and to their position groups, Bisaccia repeatedly said, “Good work.”

Those moments encapsulate what LaFleur said about Bisaccia earlier in the offseason: “He loves them tough, no doubt about it. He gets after them pretty good, but he also puts his arm around them, as well.”

Having inherited a mess, Bisaccia has a lot to get done, so you’ll have to forgive him for his lack of patience with Coco, who wasn’t the snapper on punts at Georgia Tech and is learning on the job.

Over the last eight seasons, the Packers finished last in Rick Gosselin’s annual special teams rankings three times. Going back even further, over the last 16 years – dating to Mike McCarthy’s debut season in 2006 – the Packers finished 32nd four times, 31st once and 29th three times. That’s eight seasons in or near the league’s basement. Their only top-10 finish came in 2007, a seventh-place mark under Mike Stock.

During that same span, Green Bay’s special teams under its myriad of coordinators finished ahead of Bisaccia’s units just once. Usually, it hasn’t been close, with Bisaccia’s units finishing, on average, 11.5 spots better than Green Bay.

So, Bisaccia’s tough-love approach is appreciated, even if not in the moment by those at the receiving end of his venom.

“People describe me in a lot of ways,” Bisaccia said last week. “You haven’t talked to my kids yet. Yeah, I guess that’s good. I don’t know. When they get on the field, they’ve got a jersey number on. They’re accountable to the guy next to them, they’re accountable to their job. When they come into my office, then they’ve got a name. Now we can talk about football, we can talk about anything you want to talk about.

“But when they get on the field, they have a job to do, and they’re accountable to the guy next to them, in front of them, behind them and so on, and in our one-play mentality. You can look around and there’s a lot of plays that devastate your game, and there’s a lot of plays that propel your offense or your defense in a game. I think once we can all understand the one-play mentality, what we’re trying to get across to them, how they can affect the game positively and negatively, I think maybe we’ll start to accomplish something here.”

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 May 2022 21:47
Bill Huber on Bisaccia
Booming Bisaccia Shows His Tough-Love Style
He was angry. He was excited. He was hands-on coaching. New special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia was in his element at Green Bay Packers OTAs on Tuesday.

BILL HUBER 4 HOURS AGO

GREEN BAY, Wis. – During a special teams period at the start of Tuesday’s organized team activity, Green Bay Packers rookie long snapper Jack Coco sent his snap zooming over the head of punter Pat O’Donnell.

New special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia was furious.

When the punt team broke the huddle for the next play, it wasn’t to Bisaccia’s liking. So, he made them do it again. When the punt team once again didn’t break the huddle as one, Bisaccia again screamed at them to do it again.

Welcome to life with Bisaccia, the 62-years-young man charged with bringing to life a Packers special teams that has been dead for years. When coach Matt LaFleur called Bisaccia a “fiery dude,” he wasn’t kidding.

“That’s him,” cornerback Keisean Nixon, who was a key member of Bisaccia’s special teams with the Raiders, said after Tuesday’s practice. “He’s going to be himself. It’s going to be 100 percent authentic. You’re either going to like it or not. He’s not going to change his ways for nobody.”

It’s not all fire and brimstone from Bisaccia, who as interim coach guided the Raiders to the playoffs last season. During another lengthy special teams period, he hopped and skipped his way to an enthusiastic congratulations for a rep well done by outside linebacker La’Darius Hamilton. Moments later, he yelled, “Good job 4-9” to tight end Dominique Dafney.

After the period, as the players jogged off the field and to their position groups, Bisaccia repeatedly said, “Good work.”

Those moments encapsulate what LaFleur said about Bisaccia earlier in the offseason: “He loves them tough, no doubt about it. He gets after them pretty good, but he also puts his arm around them, as well.”

Having inherited a mess, Bisaccia has a lot to get done, so you’ll have to forgive him for his lack of patience with Coco, who wasn’t the snapper on punts at Georgia Tech and is learning on the job.

Over the last eight seasons, the Packers finished last in Rick Gosselin’s annual special teams rankings three times. Going back even further, over the last 16 years – dating to Mike McCarthy’s debut season in 2006 – the Packers finished 32nd four times, 31st once and 29th three times. That’s eight seasons in or near the league’s basement. Their only top-10 finish came in 2007, a seventh-place mark under Mike Stock.

During that same span, Green Bay’s special teams under its myriad of coordinators finished ahead of Bisaccia’s units just once. Usually, it hasn’t been close, with Bisaccia’s units finishing, on average, 11.5 spots better than Green Bay.

So, Bisaccia’s tough-love approach is appreciated, even if not in the moment by those at the receiving end of his venom.

“People describe me in a lot of ways,” Bisaccia said last week. “You haven’t talked to my kids yet. Yeah, I guess that’s good. I don’t know. When they get on the field, they’ve got a jersey number on. They’re accountable to the guy next to them, they’re accountable to their job. When they come into my office, then they’ve got a name. Now we can talk about football, we can talk about anything you want to talk about.

“But when they get on the field, they have a job to do, and they’re accountable to the guy next to them, in front of them, behind them and so on, and in our one-play mentality. You can look around and there’s a lot of plays that devastate your game, and there’s a lot of plays that propel your offense or your defense in a game. I think once we can all understand the one-play mentality, what we’re trying to get across to them, how they can affect the game positively and negatively, I think maybe we’ll start to accomplish something here.”
2 reactions to this:

1st)

2nd)

Why would it be a story a long snapper gets yelled at when he sails a ball over the punters head, or why is it a story when the punt team breaks the huddle lazily and not in unison and they have to do a redo? Was that all stuff that was just cool before? Lol I remember in HS Football if we didnt break the huddle correctly on O or STs in was up downs until we wanted to throw up. I guess Drayton or Zook just didnt give a s***? Lmao

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2022 22:42
Why would it be a story a long snapper gets yelled at when he sails a ball over the punters head,
Honestly, my biggest takeaway from that article was the throw-away line that the recently signed long-snapper didn't snap for punts in college. Like...

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 May 2022 23:27
Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2022 22:42
Why would it be a story a long snapper gets yelled at when he sails a ball over the punters head,
Honestly, my biggest takeaway from that article was the throw-away line that the recently signed long-snapper didn't snap for punts in college. Like...

Haha ya that is weird. As for the rest of it, it just cracked me up because Huber was just pointing out completely normal things. Like wow this coach yells when the unit screws up, but tells them good job when they do well!!! Oh wow!!

Hahah

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Holy smokes. Jordan Love certainly interviews better.

I remember 2007 training camp for Rodgers was a "turning point". You could see his confidence. Year 3 so far for Love is completely different, at least of in terms of being on front of a microphone.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.