Offseason Coaches' Pressers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Luke Getsy gets promoted to QB's coach and Passer Coordinator January 2020.

Rodgers has a long history of singing absolute praises for Luke Getsy. Also reported that Rodgers wanted Getsy as OC
“I’VE BEEN IN THERE WITH LUKE. LUKE WAS ON THE STAFF WHEN I WAS WITH THE PACKERS. AND…BOY WAS AARON RODGERS FIGHTING FOR THIS BOY TO BE OC. YOU KNOW WHAT I’M SAYING? HE WAS FIGHTING FOR LUKE TO BE OC. SO WHEN I SEEN THIS HIRE, I WAS LIKE ‘OH WEE, THAT IS EXCELLENT FOR JUSTIN FIELDS.’

NUMBER ONE: COACH LUKE PLAYED THE POSITION. COACH LUKE PLAYED QUARTERBACK. ME AND COACH LUKE WAS IN THE ALL-STAR GAME TOGETHER. HE THREW ME A TOUCHDOWN IN THE ALL-STAR GAME. NUMBER TWO: HE LISTENS TO HIS PLAYERS. ESPECIALLY HIS QUARTERBACK.

SO THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THEM SITUATIONS, AND I THINK BEARS FANS ARE GOING TO BE EXTREMELY EXCITED, BECAUSE I PROMISE YOU WERE ARE GOING TO SEE WHAT WE’VE BEEN BEGGING TO SEE. STUFF THAT FITS JUSTIN FIELDS.”

Getsy is Rodgers's Passing Coordinator and QB coach and Rodgers wins 2 MVP's in a row (first time in 7 seasons).

But yeah...Getsy didn't "coach" Rodgers
Even MVP level QBs are always trying to evolve their game and get better. Believe or not, yes, Aaron likes to be pushed and coached. Luke Getsy was not a QB coach that did that for Aaron.
:idn:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Oh My, confirmation that Luke Getsy was Aarons fav QB coach and prefered OC candidate :rotf:

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Not sure quoting a Bears biased source as "Aaron fighting for Luke Getsy to be OC" is credible. Aaron also was very pleased that Adam Stenavich was promoted to OC. That does not mean he didn't like Luke Getsy. I was not implying he doesn't have positive thoughts about Luke Getsy. They are friends. He does though like to be challenged, which is more the coaching style of Tom Clements, than it is of Luke Getsy. It is indeed my personal belief that Luke Getsy is not near as qualified as a QB coach as Tom Clements is. Others can have their own opinions.

My point was that Aaron missed the way that Tom Clements coaches. Many here can't comprehend that Aaron enjoys being challenged and pushed. Aaron enjoys being coached. There is a overall feeling on this forum that Aaron is a "diva" that doesn't listen to anyone. Only cares about himself, and thinks he is god. All of that is 100% not factual and inaccurate.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

PackerNation wrote:
25 May 2022 10:03
Many here can't comprehend
I mean if you be a dick to everyone in pretty much every post, what response do you think you are going to keep getting?

Can we not just debate a topic without the condescension?

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

BF004 wrote:
25 May 2022 10:09
PackerNation wrote:
Many here can't comprehend
I mean if you be a dick to everyone in pretty much every post, what response do you think you are going to keep getting?

Can we not just debate a topic without the condescension?
Well, I almost get the feeling there are some actual Bears and Vikings here pretending to be Packers fans. Vikings fans do actually do these type of things to try and make actual Packers fans looks bad.

I have NEVER seen a Packers fan forum with more negative thoughts about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers franchise as whole than this one. It is very much like reading the thoughts of butthurt Vikings fans here. Very PFT-Mike Florioish content here(lifelong Vikings fan)

Also some obvious great Packers fans here that I enjoy reading. I am fine with people having their opinions and critiques of Aaron and the Packers. I do as well. But the vitriol expressed here towards and Aaron and the Packers is very akin to Vikings fandom. Js.

I am also not here to make friends. I have enough friends. Only here to talk Packers football. Some will like my comments and some won't. I have absolutely no concern about what others here feel about me personally.

Your repeated name calling affects me in no way whatsoever.

Toodle Loo.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I mean, there is a small cohort that think Aaron is a diva and hasn't lived up to his expectations in January, there are some here he think he can do no wrong. Most probably lie in the middle and are ass sick over talking this (non news) vs actually discussing relevant, useful, topics.

You seem to think yourself a pretty smart cat, would love to hear your thoughts on something interesting like our DL rotation and alignments, who fits where and why, preferred down and distance lineups, etc. Or who do you like at RT and the guard spots this year and why, who is a dark horse that could come in and earn a starting guard spot. Why do those guys have the skills to fit into this line with this scheme over the others.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

PackerNation wrote:
Not sure quoting a Bears biased source as "Aaron fighting for Luke Getsy to be OC" is credible. Aaron also was very pleased that Adam Stenavich was promoted to OC. That does not mean he didn't like Luke Getsy. I was not implying he doesn't have positive thoughts about Luke Getsy. They are friends. He does though like to be challenged, which is more the coaching style of Tom Clements, than it is of Luke Getsy. It is indeed my personal belief that Luke Getsy is not near as qualified as a QB coach as Tom Clements is. Others can have their own opinions.

My point was that Aaron missed the way that Tom Clements coaches. Many here can't comprehend that Aaron enjoys being challenged and pushed. Aaron enjoys being coached. There is a overall feeling on this forum that Aaron is a "diva" that doesn't listen to anyone. Only cares about himself, and thinks he is god. All of that is 100% not factual and inaccurate.
I'm a results guy.

You are fine to your own opinion and love Clements. He was absolutely fantastic for Rodgers. Helped develop him to the QB he is.

But to ignore the fact that Getsy brought Rodgers the same amount of MVP awards as Clements is also short sighting information. Especially because Getsy helped revitalize Rodgers. I mean I don't know how one can say Clements challenges Rodgers more than Getsy does.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

PackerNation wrote:
25 May 2022 10:29
Your repeated name calling affects me in no way whatsoever.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

PackerNation wrote:

can you prove that Rodgers isn't a diva, or a me first guy, seriously his actions say he is, now he may have his reasons for who he has become, but our perception is that he has changed over the years.

we all saw how long it took for Rodgers to accept Lafluers scheme changes, we all saw how stubborn he was to even accept minor changes under McCarthy and Tom Clements, the reason your comments lack credibility is they are so 180 from the Arron Rodgers we all witnessed to be over the last few seasons.

you took offense to our observation of the demeaner of Tom Clements in that presser, and turned it into a we don't like Clements crusade, along with we/me hating Rodgers based on what? a simple one or two line sentence.

I was polite to you pre draft with your opinion of Olave, I liked him to, but we all new his readiness to play would make him unattainable for us unless we reached for him, maybe if he was 200lbs and willing to block we may have, point is he doesn't fit our schemes well enough for the FO to trade up for.

thing is when we wouldn't agree with you then it's the same as now, we know nothing, and only YOU know what this team needs, :thwap: :rotf:

and NO one you've conversed with here is a Bears, Viking, or Lions fan, more condescending remarks from a troll

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

PackerNation wrote:
Yes, Aaron wanted Tom Clements back, because he likes to be coached and challenged.

------------------------------------

Even MVP level QBs are always trying to evolve their game and get better. Believe or not, yes, Aaron likes to be pushed and coached. Luke Getsy was not a QB coach that did that for Aaron. Aaron missed the way Tom coaches and yes, called him and asked his thoughts on coming back.

If you think no one is happy about Tom Clements being in the building except for Aaron then you would be wrong. Tom Clements makes the coaching staff stronger. Luke Getsy did not. Good luck Chicago.

-------------------------------------

My point was that Aaron missed the way that Tom Clements coaches. Many here can't comprehend that Aaron enjoys being challenged and pushed. Aaron enjoys being coached.
So let me see if I understand you correctly...

Getsy did not challenge Rodgers and he is not the caliber coach of Clements. Despite this, Rodgers resurrected his career from his pre-2019 downward trend and produced two straight MVP seasons. Getsy's performance curiously translated to yet another in a successive string of hiring and promotion opportunities from another team.

Clements, on the other hand, is coming off a a five-year stint where he spent more time unemployed and/or retired than actually coaching, yet despite this, will immediately come in and provide the challenging coaching environment that Rodgers has clearly missed.

Do I have that straight?

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Yoop wrote:
25 May 2022 10:40
PackerNation wrote:

can you prove that Rodgers isn't a diva, or a me first guy, seriously his actions say he is, now he may have his reasons for who he has become, but our perception is that he has changed over the years.

we all saw how long it took for Rodgers to accept Lafluers scheme changes, we all saw how stubborn he was to even accept minor changes under McCarthy and Tom Clements, the reason your comments lack credibility is they are so 180 from the Arron Rodgers we all witnessed to be over the last few seasons.

you took offense to our observation of the demeaner of Tom Clements in that presser, and turned it into a we don't like Clements crusade, along with we/me hating Rodgers based on what? a simple one or two line sentence.

I was polite to you pre draft with your opinion of Olave, I liked him to, but we all new his readiness to play would make him unattainable for us unless we reached for him, maybe if he was 200lbs and willing to block we may have, point is he doesn't fit our schemes well enough for the FO to trade up for.

thing is when we wouldn't agree with you then it's the same as now, we know nothing, and only YOU know what this team needs, :thwap: :rotf:
The first part of your post I won't dignify because it is more Aaron Rodgers falsehoods and drivel that I didn't read all of.

I will reply to the pre-draft stuff. I indeed did like Olave. And if you remember, the other WR I wanted for the Packers is Christian Watson. The Packers liked Olave too, but he went too early, and they couldn't swing a trade to move up high enough to nab him. Would have been nice to get Olave, but it wasn't possible unless Gute wanted to trade away half our draft. Once all(except one)of the WRs that Gute had rated highly were gone in the first he went with BPA for both his first round picks. Walker and Wyatt.

There was though a WR left that myself and Gute both were very high on. Gute tried to trade back into the first late in night one, but was unsuccessful. Pulled off a great trade at the beginning of round 2 and Christian Watson became a Packer as I had hoped for months.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Whats the problem lol

Getsy did a fine job by all accounts. Sucks he’s a bear now.

Clements did such a good job that he got invited back to a job he got canned from.

Rodgers obviously loves him.

The presser in May of Clements means nothing lol

Whats the big deal? Im glad Rodgers has a coach he likes. Maybe Clements can remind Rodgers how to win Súper bowls.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

PackerNation wrote:
25 May 2022 10:58
Yoop wrote:
PackerNation wrote:

The first part of your post I won't dignify because it is more Aaron Rodgers falsehoods and drivel that I didn't read all of.

I will reply to the pre-draft stuff. I indeed did like Olave. And if you remember, the other WR I wanted for the Packers is Christian Watson. The Packers liked Olave too, but he went too early, and they couldn't swing a trade to move up high enough to nab him. Would have been nice to get Olave, but it wasn't possible unless Gute wanted to trade away half our draft. Once all(except one)of the WRs that Gute had rated highly were gone in the first he went with BPA for both his first round picks. Walker and Wyatt.

There was though a WR left that myself and Gute both were very high on. Gute tried to trade back into the first late in night one, but was unsuccessful. Pulled off a great trade at the beginning of round 2 and Christian Watson became a Packer as I had hoped for months.
more opinions, you have no idea if Olave was even on Gute big board, just because we brought him in for a interview doesn't mean we intended to draft him, at times thast seems like smoke screen stuff to throw other GM's off, and this talk that Guty tried to trade back up on the first day to take Watson may or may not be true, got facts of that bring it, till then it's just supposition.

as to the picks for Walker and Wyatt who says they where BPA, thats again such opiniated crap, there is no such thing as a consensus BPA after the top tier, ask the 32 GM's in the league if ya don't believe me, fact is we've been in dire need of a Wyatt for years now and a ILB that could help us stop the run and also cover, they where need picks in every sense of the word.

ya know if ya hang around here long enough your gonna learn a lot about football, the Packers and me, come on Sonny I'll be your Huckleberry :rotf: :beer2:

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

A little knowledge....

Tom Clements has not been the Packers QB coach since 2011. QB coach is the "job" he has come back to. After 2011, Tom was OC with the Packers for a couple years and then promoted to assistant head coach for a couple years. His contract expired and he moved on. He was never "canned."

What's your "problem"?😏

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

PackerNation wrote:
25 May 2022 11:49
A little knowledge....

Tom Clements has not been the Packers QB coach since 2011. QB coach is the "job" he has come back to. After 2011, Tom was OC with the Packers for a couple years and then promoted to assistant head coach for a couple years. His contract expired and he moved on. He was never "canned."

What's your "problem"?😏
“His contract expired”
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
25 May 2022 11:51
PackerNation wrote:
A little knowledge....

What's your "problem"?😏
“His contract expired”

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Yoop wrote:
25 May 2022 11:46
PackerNation wrote:
Yoop wrote:

more opinions, you have no idea if Olave was even on Gute big board, just because we brought him in for a interview doesn't mean we intended to draft him, at times thast seems like smoke screen stuff to throw other GM's off, and this talk that Guty tried to trade back up on the first day to take Watson may or may not be true, got facts of that bring it, till then it's just supposition.

as to the picks for Walker and Wyatt who says they where BPA, thats again such opiniated crap, there is no such thing as a consensus BPA after the top tier, ask the 32 GM's in the league if ya don't believe me, fact is we've been in dire need of a Wyatt for years now and a ILB that could help us stop the run and also cover, they where need picks in every sense of the word.

ya know if ya hang around here long enough your gonna learn a lot about football, the Packers and me, come on Sonny I'll be your Huckleberry :rotf: :beer2:
So, Walker and Wyatt you are claiming were not the highest players on Gute's board when he picked them. Ok, good luck with that. Then Gute is a liar and a rando on a message board should be more credible. Yeah, you know more because you think you know how GMs operate. Good luck with that also.

Aaron during the draft said the Packers had first round grades on 6 WRs that were picked before their first selection in first round. One of those was Olave.

You are also claiming that Gute didn't try to trade back into the first round for Watson on night 1. That has been confirmed by several sources inside the Packers including Milt Hendrickson and Jon-Eric Sullivan.

I realize that you are feeling insecure about your Packers knowledge around me. I will school anyone that needs it. Nothing about you, or against you personally. I just like 100% factual information.

Of course everyone here will have opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. But you are only entitled to your own opinions. Not your own facts.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Drj820 wrote:
25 May 2022 11:51
PackerNation wrote:
A little knowledge....

What's your "problem"?😏
“His contract expired”
You said Tom was "canned" from the job he now has with the Packers. Not factual. He has was never "canned" from being QB coach. Officially he was never fired at all, but you said specifically he is now back for the job he was "canned" from.

You are wrong

The end.

Enjoy your day.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

PackerNation wrote:
25 May 2022 12:12
Yoop wrote:
PackerNation wrote:

So, Walker and Wyatt you are claiming were not the highest players on Gute's board when he picked them. Ok, good luck with that. Then Gute is a liar and a rando on a message board should be more credible. Yeah, you know more because you think you know how GMs operate. Good luck with that also.

Aaron during the draft said the Packers had first round grades on 6 WRs that were picked before their first selection in first round. One of those was Olave.

You are also claiming that Gute didn't try to trade back into the first round for Watson on night 1. That has been confirmed by several sources inside the Packers including Milt Hendrickson and Jon-Eric Sullivan.

I realize that you are feeling insecure about your Packers knowledge around me. I will school anyone that needs it. Nothing about you, or against you personally. I just like 100% factual information.

Of course everyone here will have opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. But you are only entitled to your own opinions. Not your own facts.
BPA is such a mis understood term, teams rank player s according to athletic ability and scheme fit, there not numbered 1 through 365, WAlker was ranked in the 2nd round by a lot of draft people, and Wyatt was ranked around slot 22 by many, so for you to say they where BPA when we took them is only your opinion, and if all you have is Gute saying they where, then I ask you, if in Gute's shows what would you say, if you buy that, then I have to ask would you be interested in some lake front property on the north end of the mohabi desert, of course every GM will say best player available, talk like that means very little to me cause I know it's not true.

also just because Rodgers or Gute says we had first round grades on 6 receivers does not mean we would have taken any of them, again thats shallow talk to appease the fan base, unless they take one it's no more then idle talk, cripes you been a fan for 51 years and you buy into comments FO makes when everyone knows they say this stuff because NOT TO raises a ton of questions they sure as hell don't want to deal with, don't be so gullable.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Yoop wrote:
25 May 2022 12:35
PackerNation wrote:
25 May 2022 12:12
Yoop wrote:

BPA is such a mis understood term, teams rank player s according to athletic ability and scheme fit, there not numbered 1 through 365, WAlker was ranked in the 2nd round by a lot of draft people, and Wyatt was ranked around slot 22 by many, so for you to say they where BPA when we took them is only your opinion, and if all you have is Gute saying they where, then I ask you, if in Gute's shows what would you say, if you buy that, then I have to ask would you be interested in some lake front property on the north end of the mohabi desert, of course every GM will say best player available, talk like that means very little to me cause I know it's not true.

also just because Rodgers or Gute says we had first round grades on 6 receivers does not mean we would have taken any of them, again thats shallow talk to appease the fan base, unless they take one it's no more then idle talk, cripes you been a fan for 51 years and you buy into comments FO makes when everyone knows they say this stuff because NOT TO raises a ton of questions they sure as hell don't want to deal with, don't be so gullable.
It doesn't matter where anyone but Gute had Walker and Wyatt on his board. They were the BPA on his board when he picked. That is all that matters. All the crap you keep spewing is meaningless jibberish. You are claiming weird tin foil hat type conspiracy theories now. GMs and QBs don't have some secret plan to hide the facts and lie to the fan the base just to appease them. No offense, but you come off as a complete blubbering idiot.

You are craving my attention, and this is the last you will get of it.

Have a wonderful day.