Offseason Coaches' Pressers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

1. I don't think there is actually that much "Packer homer" on this board anymore. We are all pretty jaded from the last decade. We know how the story ends. We have been there done that.

I just don't see an overwhelming Packer homer trend on this site.

2. I also don't see a tremendous anti-Packer vibe on this site. I think people try and be very realistic of our team. However, there are two primary camps. One camp likes to harp on a perceived weakness on the roster and bring it up all the time. The perceived weakness also fluctuates constantly as one would naturally expect.

Another camp asserts that all rosters have weaknesses and it is up to the coaches and players to overcome the weaknesses. Especially when a mature roster like the one the Packers has inherently will limit roster maximization due to cap and draft capital constraints.

The Packers have by and large been the steady monstrous ship in the NFC over the past decade (save 2015 - 2018. Those were legitimately poor rosters). What the Packers have been fighting is getting past the pesky "1 to 2 year wonders" (primarily Seattle, NYG, SF and Tampa) who have always gotten in the Packers way due to being amazing or due to the Packers making terrible mistakes on the brightest stage.

Because of that, you have a fan base that is frustrated and the finger pointing largely goes into the two camps I described above.

However, PackerNation did exactly what you shouldn't do. It's not about "trying to fit in". I don't care if you disagree with me. But good grief create better arguments beyond just calling people stupid. There was about 10% Packer related content, 60% personal attack content, and 30% self-boasting content.

Self boasting is what Facebook is for. Nobody really cares about that stuff on a football forum.

If your best comeback when talking about football is, "well I have a beautiful wife and nice house" and therefore I am smarter than you....probably means you are a sh*tty debater, communicator and aren't as smart as you would like to think you are.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2022 21:19
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
26 May 2022 12:49
I have a rusty old car, two dogs, and 42 undeveloped acres, you guys better listen to me dammit!!! :x
I REALLY wish I had 40+ undeveloped acres to my name
I got really lucky. My parents' neighbor passed and her son wanted to retire, so he sold off almost everything just by word of mouth. Stupidly, I didn't buy all of the land he was selling.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Lots of questions about who isn't there and how he feels; same general answer all around, feels like a bit of a waste of questioning, really.

Interesting note is that he says there were lots of cancelled flights last night so I'm sure the tweets will contain several new no-show names, but MLF says he expects a lot of new faces tomorrow.

Having media access before the first practice of the week of OTAs really isn't great. MLF has very little to report on for the week to come, and the media has already moved on from the week behind.

Also confirms that the plan all along for Bakh wa snot to do OTAs and focus on making sure he's good to go by training camp.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah it's kind of a challenge for these press conferences this time of year.

Just not much to talk about. These are the times for the "hits ya in the feels" stories. Wes Hod is always really good at asking those kind of questions.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.