Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

More DL help
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (91.7 KiB) Viewed 704 times
Only 25 years old, lot of potential upside there yet.

Great height + arm combo, perfect size.

Got some real explosion on those jumps and 3 cone.

Now let's just see if we can get him to play football. Will be not from shortage of athletic ability if doesn't do anything.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
24 May 2022 21:32
Now let's just see if we can get him to play football. Will be not from shortage of athletic ability if doesn't do anything.
I mean 3 years, 5 teams, and zero snaps isn't a great sign.

Not saying there's no chance, but sounds like a camp body if I've ever seen one

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 May 2022 13:51

nice.
Related, Larry McCarren did a Rock Report on Slaton and his offseason work and they showed a bunch of drills and pad stuff(not to mention some plays from last year) and whheeeww that big boy is movin'

I know McCarren cherry picks great plays to highlight and never shows the lowlights and it's all designed to be a hype video, but this one worked.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Is anybody a little concerned that Bak isn't practicing at OTAs or is that just being ridiculous?

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 May 2022 00:08
Related, Larry McCarren did a Rock Report on Slaton and his offseason work and they showed a bunch of drills and pad stuff(not to mention some plays from last year) and whheeeww that big boy is movin'

I know McCarren cherry picks great plays to highlight and never shows the lowlights and it's all designed to be a hype video, but this one worked.

This is cool stuff. I admit that I've reached the full hype portion of this off-season but I mean if Slayton makes a jump to pair with KC, Wyatt, Lowry, and Reed - woo boy, that's a pretty nice front.

This has got to be the most talented defense we've had in a decade, right?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
25 May 2022 09:36
YoHoChecko wrote:
25 May 2022 00:08

This is cool stuff. I admit that I've reached the full hype portion of this off-season but I mean if Slayton makes a jump to pair with KC, Wyatt, Lowry, and Reed - woo boy, that's a pretty nice front.

This has got to be the most talented defense we've had in a decade, right?
Our defense has the potential to be better than the 2009 and 2010 group.

Everything is about a wash in terms of talent except Smith is an upgrade, ILBs is an upgrade.

The area that was better in 09/10 is Collins was better than our safeties and Jenkins was a damn good 3 Tech. (though Clark may be better)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
25 May 2022 09:33
Is anybody a little concerned that Bak isn't practicing at OTAs or is that just being ridiculous?
I guess I wont be particularly concerned till TC starts.

That is still what, like 3 months away? Still a lot of time to heal, rehab, strengthen, whatever.

But without Aaron out there, if that knee isn't 99.999% ready to go, totally content not even have him doing anything with a bunch of eager undrafted rookies trying desperately to stand out and to make the team.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
25 May 2022 10:07
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
25 May 2022 09:33
I guess I wont be particularly concerned till TC starts.

That is still what, like 3 months away? Still a lot of time to heal, rehab, strengthen, whatever.

But without Aaron out there, if that knee isn't 99.999% ready to go, totally content not even have him doing anything with a bunch of eager undrafted rookies trying desperately to stand out and to make the team.
100% agree. If the knee wasn't even a thing I would not expect him to practice in OTAs. If he isn't out there day 1 of TC then the concern will start for me.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Lancaster signs with Raiders. Hard to replace a crazy talent like that but thank god he is finally gone. Ty Summers next please.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Realist wrote:
25 May 2022 16:41
Lancaster signs with Raiders. Hard to replace a crazy talent like that but thank god he is finally gone. Ty Summers next please.
:aok:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I would be surprised if Summers makes the team with Campbell, Walker, Barnes, and McDuffie at ILB. The only real hope for him is if Carpenter or McDuffie underwhelm and we want to keep 5 ILBs, and/or injury (... or the lightbulb miraculously comes on for him and he becomes a player, but that virtually never happens at a highly-instinctual position like LB).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
25 May 2022 22:51
I would be surprised if Summers makes the team with Campbell, Walker, Barnes, and McDuffie at ILB. The only real hope for him is if Carpenter or McDuffie underwhelm and we want to keep 5 ILBs, and/or injury (... or the lightbulb miraculously comes on for him and he becomes a player, but that virtually never happens at a highly-instinctual position like LB).
Summers route is ST and despite his high usage over the past few years, I have never been very impressive with his body of work on any of those units. I don't think he stands a chance.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

We need Summers to be good in Fall and Winter if he wants to make the team.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

But he’s only going to be good for 2 years on his rookie contract (which goes for 2 more years after checking).

All fun aside, this guy could legit get some DPOY votes this year.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jun 2022 07:24
But he’s only going to be good for 2 years on his rookie contract (which goes for 2 more years after checking).

All fun aside, this guy could legit get some DPOY votes this year.
was this including 2020, I ask because Z. Smith had to be in that 20% group for 2020, he had 95 total pressures according to PFF if I remember correctly.

opps got my years mixed up, Z did that in 2019 :dunno:

So happy that Gary has finally played up to draft slot, but I hope he doesn't win DPOY honors, as it is he will be a very expensive resign, the cost of having the best positional player in the league or even top 5 is bankrupting us :nono: :lol:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

How about Rasul and Jaire making All Pro in 2022?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2022 07:42
was this including 2020,
Yes, since 2020.

Yoop wrote:
I hope he doesn't win DPOY honors
:messedup:

Pretty sure the Rams don't regret making both Ramsey and Donald the highest paid players at their positions. Worked out well for them.

Really can't even wrap my head around this logic. I feel like you keep harping on this 'too hard to resign' shenanigans to justify to yourself why you didn't like the pick. We have never lost a core young player after their rookie contract that we wanted to resign, and that will continue.

The only reason I wouldn't want Gary to win DPOY is because one of his teammates wins it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jun 2022 08:53
Yoop wrote:
was this including 2020,
Yes, since 2020.

Yoop wrote:
I hope he doesn't win DPOY honors
:messedup:

Pretty sure the Rams don't regret making both Ramsey and Donald the highest paid players at their positions. Worked out well for them.

Really can't even wrap my head around this logic. I feel like you keep harping on this 'too hard to resign' shenanigans to justify to yourself why you didn't like the pick. We have never lost a core young player after their rookie contract that we wanted to resign, and that will continue.

The only reason I wouldn't want Gary to win DPOY is because one of his teammates wins it.
the only thing those awards accomplish is making the player the highest paid at there position, other wise they don't mean squat to me, what I can't wrap my head around is why it matters to you, here I'am hoping to save the team a buck and all you care about is bragging rights that he was DPOY.

I didn't like the pick but that sure as hell isn't the reason why I want to keep his contract cost down, and just because we have been able to resign our best picks in the past doesn't mean that will be true in the future, TJ Watt just got 28 mil. per, so the next edge rusher to get DPOY honors will likely be over 30 mil. so why would any of us be cool with that?

I remember when posters here where all giddy when Rodgers became the richest player, imagine that, happy because our player cost more then any other player in the league, never quite understood that, same with Gary.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gary being DPOY or not DPOY is just technicalities and semantics.

I want him to be at a level where he is a field tilter (like he was last year). I want to grow from what he was last year.

But most importantly, I want him to continue his playoff dominance like he showed last year.

Gary is getting close to the conversation of getting paid regardless. Alexander missed his entire season and yet still got paid because people know who he is. I think Gary is there unless he just takes a massive step back in actual play (not injury but actual play).

I have no problem paying stars. I just expect those stars to perform on the brightest stage. Our largest issue is we haven't had that. I think the best star player to show up in the playoffs since our SB win was Rodgers in Dallas in 2016, Alexander vs Tampa in 2020 and Gary vs SF in 2021. I think Aaron Jones vs LAR in 2020 is in the conversation as well.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.