Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I mean, if he wins DPOY, it means he was really really $%@# good.

Can’t fathom why you think it would be about bragging rights. And won’t really change his price tag any. If he is incredible regardless of accolades, he’ll prolly be the highest paid edge in the league, like Jaire.

If he isn’t incredible, he’ll get less.

Isn’t complicated. Nothing to do with me. I would just love to see him be amazing, that makes us a better team.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2022 14:56
I didn't like the pick but that sure as hell isn't the reason why I want to keep his contract cost down, and just because we have been able to resign our best picks in the past doesn't mean that will be true in the future, TJ Watt just got 28 mil. per, so the next edge rusher to get DPOY honors will likely be over 30 mil. so why would any of us be cool with that?
I didn’t like the pick very much either, have said that forever. I’m happy I was wrong.

If he is playing edge at a DPOY (which he isn’t yet), I kind of don’t care what he makes. We could use more Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews like seasons.

I don’t get not wanting him to be the best he can be so maybe we can sign him for cheaper? Bank already sitting at like a $20 million floor. I’d gladly pay that extra $10 to get a HOF level player over a borderline pro bowl caliber player.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2022 15:29
I have no problem paying stars. I just expect those stars to perform on the brightest stage. Our largest issue is we haven't had that. I think the best star player to show up in the playoffs since our SB win was Rodgers in Dallas in 2016, Alexander vs Tampa in 2020 and Gary vs SF in 2021. I think Aaron Jones vs LAR in 2020 is in the conversation as well.
what stars not playing well are you talking about? there are no perfect players, look around the league, the very best from every team have bad plays in almost every game, the best WR's drop passes normally caught, the best OL man get beat

look at last year, Adams smothered the whole game, Jones pops for a 130 yrds and our #1 offensive player and your biggest comment that he got twisted in setting himself to catch the pass and couldn't finish for a TD, you focused in on the negative and over looked the positive concerning Jones, truth is we again have no room for injury at the skill position, take away a MVS ( never thought I'd say that) and defenses will swarm Adams, without a deep speed receiver defenses will just smoother the mid level zones, basically when all you have is Adams and Jones and possibly Lazard if he clears on schedule ya make life easy on the opposing defense to limit the top 2 or 3 receivers, specially when one is a RB, the other a converted TE.

some would say we won our last SB based on the ability of our 2nd stringers, with respect to our WR position I think that has been the problem here, we've got a Colt super six at QB, one chamber loaded with 357 mag and 38 specials in the other 5, we've needed more magnum ammo :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I would say our 2010 SB win was primarily due to our defense being awesome. They held opponents in points and scored a TD in their last 3 games.

Playoff football is about playmaking. Our 2010 team made plays in spades.

Tramon's interception to seal Philly
Tramon's pick 6 to open the game before half
BJ Raji's pick 6 and Sam Shield's interception to seal it
Nick Collin's Pick 6 and Clay Matthews forcing the fumble

2010 was all about playmakers. And they made the plays. They finished the plays. Your playmakers have to make the plays.

That's playoff football.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2022 17:47
I would say our 2010 SB win was primarily due to our defense being awesome. They held opponents in points and scored a TD in their last 3 games.

2010 was all about playmakers. And they made the plays. They finished the plays. Your playmakers have to make the plays.

That's playoff football.
Desmond Howard and Reggie White.....and Antonio Freeman and Leroy Butler in SB31. Oh and Brett Favre ran for a TD in SB31.......something we haven't seen much lately with a big game on the line (heck yes the drama king MVP is still to blame).

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
03 Jun 2022 20:59
go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2022 17:47

That's playoff football.
Desmond Howard and Reggie White.....and Antonio Freeman and Leroy Butler in SB31. Oh and Brett Favre ran for a TD in SB31.......something we haven't seen much lately with a big game on the line (heck yes the drama king MVP is still to blame).
Yup. Add the absolute ridiculous throws to Jennings that Rodgers made in the SB. Or the absolute clutch route Jordy Nelson made on a key 3rd down.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

respect for our 3 starting CB's, we new all 3 where good, Alex best in league for 2020, Stokes covered opponents best as a rookie and did very well doing so, and Douglas led the team with 5 picks, two being pick 6ers, I'd say Gute has fixed the CB position nicely.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-on ... 19241.html

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Jun 2022 07:25
respect for our 3 starting CB's, we new all 3 where good, Alex best in league for 2020, Stokes covered opponents best as a rookie and did very well doing so, and Douglas led the team with 5 picks, two being pick 6ers, I'd say Gute has fixed the CB position nicely.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-on ... 19241.html
And how!

Got Alexander after a couple of trades that first looked like a :dunno: disaster, then turned out to be Alexander and a 1st rounder :o :) :kaboom: (mind blown) ...

Stokes "overdrafted", a guy with gazelle feet but a lot of need for improvement, somehow fixed his balance issues and looked like covered in glue as a rookie. :shock:

Douglas, outta nowhere for peanuts, and somehow managed to keep him. :messedup: :woohoo: :beer2:

----

Honestly, Yoop: I do hope Gutey manages to match this with WRs. I really do.

pure homer
Reactions:

Post by pure homer »

It's looking like my former forum of choice, Packerrats, may not be coming back, so I guess I'll start posting Packer stuff here too.

I'm completely pleased with the draft this year. Christian Watson was my top choice WR all along, and I'm convinced he is gonna be a star sooner rather than later. Doubs was an unknown to me, but apparently he is decent too. Catching passes from the GOAT should bring out the best in both of them.

Wyatt looks to me like a possible star on D also and just what we needed next to Kenny Clark. I was negative about the Quay Walker pick at first, but getting Wyatt and Watson makes it ok in my book. As some people have said, we got beat two years in a row by teams strong at ILB, so I can see the logic in drafting him. I didn't think we needed him, as good as Campbell has been, but as some have said, the Packers played just 1 ILB on the field too much by necessity. Now that they have two top quality guys there, they can and will go with two and stop the run better.
What could be more Good and Normal than Packer Football?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Oh boy, we're gonna hear no end of this....

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Remember when Aaron Rodgers was super good at football and dating the lead singer of Lady Antebellum and we all sorta knew it was true because it was mentioned but no one really cared or paid attention to it? I miss that.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
08 Jun 2022 19:32

This is actually the most Aaron Rodgers thing of all time.

It’s a subliminal message. Blu? Or is it blew? As in Brian Gutenbumst you utter idiot you absolutely blew it when you drafted Love and cost us two Super Bowls.

Almost too obvious.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

pure homer wrote:
07 Jun 2022 11:28
It's looking like my former forum of choice, Packerrats, may not be coming back, so I guess I'll start posting Packer stuff here too.

I'm completely pleased with the draft this year. Christian Watson was my top choice WR all along, and I'm convinced he is gonna be a star sooner rather than later. Doubs was an unknown to me, but apparently he is decent too. Catching passes from the GOAT should bring out the best in both of them.

Wyatt looks to me like a possible star on D also and just what we needed next to Kenny Clark. I was negative about the Quay Walker pick at first, but getting Wyatt and Watson makes it ok in my book. As some people have said, we got beat two years in a row by teams strong at ILB, so I can see the logic in drafting him. I didn't think we needed him, as good as Campbell has been, but as some have said, the Packers played just 1 ILB on the field too much by necessity. Now that they have two top quality guys there, they can and will go with two and stop the run better.
Don't the top defenses have more than one good LB in the middle there?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Let's get weird.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
09 Jun 2022 09:01
Let's get weird.

Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
09 Jun 2022 12:24
NCF wrote:
09 Jun 2022 09:01
Let's get weird.

I just got a hankering for some double mint gum.

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Jun 2022 22:07
Labrev wrote:

This is actually the most Aaron Rodgers thing of all time.

It’s a subliminal message. Blu? Or is it blew? As in Brian Gutenbumst you utter idiot you absolutely blew it when you drafted Love and cost us two Super Bowls.

Almost too obvious.
And to think therapy was requested after the 2023 opponents were divulged :bkw: :clap: This blu one could be intriguing at Lambeau .....

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Jun 2022 20:00
Remember when Aaron Rodgers was super good at football and dating the lead singer of Lady Antebellum and we all sorta knew it was true because it was mentioned but no one really cared or paid attention to it? I miss that.
It's all McDonalds.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

This is kinda cool...

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:

Alright LaBrev.........if its official then you heard it here first.

Turn up the volume and let 'er rip ........... :woohoo:

Gotta believe Yooper and Pugger remember this one.