Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Jun 2022 10:02
Also Twitter is an unrepresentative swampland of nothingness that I use out of necessity to get information from reliable sources who have chosen that method and ignore literally everything else about it for sanity and mental health.

Citing Twitter to account for something’s significance or interpretation is far worse than citing Wikipedia in a thesis.
just shows live reactions to what people thought when they heard Adams comments. People except Packers fans who would only believe he doesnt want to play with Love if he explicitly said "Love Sucks"
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

100 like minded people who read drama into EVERYTHING commented on Twitter that the quote really said, "Love sucks" is not the support you think it is.

FYI David Carr, right now is better than Jordan Love. That is no mystery or even some grand read between the lines conspiracy.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jun 2022 10:49
100 like minded people who read drama into EVERYTHING commented on Twitter that the quote really said, "Love sucks" is not the support you think it is.

FYI David Carr, right now is better than Jordan Love. That is no mystery or even some grand read between the lines conspiracy.
lol i wasnt planning on going that far, but now that you mention it...david carr probably is better than love right now.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Also Twitter is an unrepresentative swampland of nothingness that I use out of necessity to get information from reliable sources who have chosen that method and ignore literally everything else about it for sanity and mental health.

Citing Twitter to account for something’s significance or interpretation is far worse than citing Wikipedia in a thesis.
I did an experiment to follow the "Twitter and Youtube crowd" on some stock advice to see how it would go since the info flowing through those things I figured may present buying opportunities before they are obvious.

Let's just say the info coming from the social media swampland isn't very high quality. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jun 2022 12:28
YoHoChecko wrote:

I did an experiment to follow the "Twitter and Youtube crowd" on some stock advice to see how it would go since the info flowing through those things I figured may present buying opportunities before they are obvious.

Let's just say the info coming from the social media swampland isn't very high quality. :lol:
Still holding onto AMC and Netflix?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Jun 2022 13:52
go pak go wrote:
10 Jun 2022 12:28
YoHoChecko wrote:

Still holding onto AMC and Netflix?
No. I never bought those.

But I have SOFI's, Square, some EV companies, etc.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeh, stock tips and futures advice on Twitter vs seeing the sports community laugh that adams inferred Love was trash

Totally same thing

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, 100 people on Twitter equals the entire sports community. Totally the same thing.

I never understand the need for some to manufacture drama.

Implying that Aaron Rodgers and David Carr are and will be better than Jordan Love as far as we can tell, is not the dig some want it to be.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jun 2022 17:58
Ya, 100 people on Twitter equals the entire sports community. Totally the same thing.

I never understand the need for some to manufacture drama.

Implying that Aaron Rodgers and David Carr are and will be better than Jordan Love as far as we can tell, is not the dig some want it to be.
I don't have the mental acuity to follow this thread but Jordan Love is pedestrian at best. He has shown nothing to prove otherwise. Nice bank account though. Or is the thread about Rodgers And Carr? Confused.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I've read and we've seen that QB's tend to take there biggest jump years 3 through 5, sure we see progression after there rookie year, some do very well as rookies, but it's not the norm, Love is going into year 3, with a pandemic altered rookie season, so his time line has been altered, I think people are really jumping to conclusion, plus he has a new QB coach, I'll wait till TC and PS games to make a more informed guess as to Loves ability to manage this offense.

People seem to want him to fail, bunch of sicko's :rotf:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jun 2022 21:03
I've read and we've seen that QB's tend to take there biggest jump years 3 through 5, sure we see progression after there rookie year, some do very well as rookies, but it's not the norm, Love is going into year 3, with a pandemic altered rookie season, so his time line has been altered, I think people are really jumping to conclusion, plus he has a new QB coach, I'll wait till TC and PS games to make a more informed guess as to Loves ability to manage this offense.

Love is going to pop in year 3 to 5. I'm with ya yoop. Pre-season games will tell the story.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Realist wrote:
10 Jun 2022 21:17
Yoop wrote:

Love is going to pop in year 3 to 5. I'm with ya yoop. Pre-season games will tell the story.
He needs to pop year 3 to get any value. As of right now he isnt worth his 5th year option. That decision needs to be made next offseason.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Jun 2022 09:31
NCF wrote:
10 Jun 2022 09:18
YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Jun 2022 09:10
To clarify my view here, I don’t even think Jordan Love is good. I’ve grown pretty pessimistic.

I just don’t think “I’d rather play with Derek Carr” is the sick burn some of you seem to think it is. I think it’s a no-brainier over an unproven guy who may or may not turn into anything.
I don't think it is a any kind of burn. What would be Adams motivation for doing so? As you said, it is just kind of stating the obvious.
There is nothing wrong with saying he’d rather play with Carr. However, the thing that gives the sound bite the buzz it got (and it got real buzz, type in Jordan love on Twitter search and every tweet is talking about Adams comments)

Is that he didn’t have to mention love at all lol. The question was about Rodgers future. He could have easily just said that he wanted to play with his buddy Carr if Rodgers wasn’t going to be around forever.

He clearly started talking about how “how Love was a great guy” but that he wasn’t willing make any “sacrifices” (lol) and that he wanted to be remembered.

The implications are clear and most people can see them.
Whoa. Apparently Davante Adams hates Jordan Love so much that he requested a trade to Las Vegas after the 2019 season... you know, before the Packers drafted Jordan Love. The implications are clear.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

If a athlete gives a generic answer to a generic question why would anyone doubt that answer was to simply appease the questioner? we know that is usually the case with these interviews, Adams obviously likes Carr, they have some history, but how does that translate that he likes Carr more then Rodgers? who he has a ton more history with and the QB that vaulted him to HOF status.

this is nothing but BS, and for people to buy into this crap have a agenda of subliminal hate for Rodgers, and they will use idiocy like this to send there message.

It's like People who think Love is a flop, when Ted said " these people think they know, but haven't a clue" he was so spot on.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jun 2022 10:38
If a athlete gives a generic answer to a generic question why would anyone doubt that answer was to simply appease the questioner? we know that is usually the case with these interviews, Adams obviously likes Carr, they have some history, but how does that translate that he likes Carr more then Rodgers? who he has a ton more history with and the QB that vaulted him to HOF status.

this is nothing but BS, and for people to buy into this crap have a agenda of subliminal hate for Rodgers, and they will use idiocy like this to send there message.

It's like People who think Love is a flop, when Ted said " these people think they know, but haven't a clue" he was so spot on.
:aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:

This is the most gd sense you’ve ever made.

Other than the middle part about Rodgers. I believe all the conversation has been about Love.

But other than that, spot on, spot on.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
12 Jun 2022 12:23
Yoop wrote:

This is the most gd sense you’ve ever made.

Other than the middle part about Rodgers. I believe all the conversation has been about Love.

But other than that, spot on, spot on.
what? I've made a ho lata post that made more sense then that one, hell that was totally off the hip shooting.

so thats it, first insult. then commend :dunno:

I'am trying to show, as I always have, that a person can dislike the draft pick, but still root for the player, I've been accused of hating every drafted player that I didn't want to take on draft day, but I don't remember that being my attitude very often, ( Harrell, what a reach, and Bro Ham, the jerk actually wanted us to hire his brother :rotf: )

It just doesn't make any gd SENTS :rotf: to not root for a Packer player, heck over the years our GM's have rarely taken my choice, I still (almost always) hoped they where right ( Teddy taking Brohm may have added some extra concrete on Rodgers shoulder) they have a plan that often doesn't coincide with mine, go figure :rotf:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Jun 2022 02:26
Realist wrote:
10 Jun 2022 21:17
Yoop wrote:

He needs to pop year 3 to get any value. As of right now he isnt worth his 5th year option. That decision needs to be made next offseason.
Sarcasm is a tough translate in text. Love is not even close to a starting nfl qb. I was messing with yoop the forum traffic master.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Love sucks

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Jun 2022 18:50
Love sucks