OTA's 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If anyone is looking for a few last sips of football before pre-camp summer doldrums hit....

A MLF Presser for the final week of OTAs is coming up now on Packers.com and probably the Packers' fb page, which normally carries videos live, as well. Will be posted in permanent form on Packers.com and the Packers YouTube channel probably within a couple hours

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

presented without comment
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 13:51
ohh my, say if you should happen to be right about Bahktiari, would you like us to give you a meddle, or rather just a chest to pin it on? :rotf:

what a bummer if he's a no go, we just resigned him to, we do have a couple options though just in casewith Jenkins and Nijman

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2022 14:47
Drj820 wrote:
ohh my, say if you should happen to be right about Bahktiari, would you like us to give you a meddle, or rather just a chest to pin it on? :rotf:
Lol, thought the same.

When you are boisterously pessimistic about like 10 different things, you are likely gunna be right about one or two.

The real trick though, is to pretend like the other 8 stances never happened, but boy was he right on those 2. :P

:poke: :yoshi: :dude:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 14:51
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Lol, thought the same.

When you are boisterously pessimistic about like 10 different things, you are likely gunna be right about one or two.

The real trick though, is to pretend like the other 8 stances never happened, but boy was he right on those 2. :P

all i said was the above tweet was presented without comment

and just in case my past comments on various issues need clarifying. I will summarize them all here:

1) Crosby has trouble kicking through back of end zone on kickoffs
2) Lazard is worth 4m but not much more, no way is he a #1 WR
3) Jordan Love stinks
4) Bahk being in rehab group at OTAs 18 months after an injury is not a good omen.

Thats it!!

Everything else is very positive...I liked the draft, love the defense, love the RB room, love our chances to win the North, love the new ST coach hire. Lots im happy about. Just dont like everything the org does or every single player, thats all!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:09
BF004 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Lol, thought the same.

and just in case my past comments on various issues need clarifying. I will summarize them all here:

3) Jordan Love stinks
4) Bahk being in rehab group at OTAs 18 months after an injury is not a good omen.

Thats it!!

Everything else is very positive...I liked the draft, love the defense, love the RB room, love our chances to win the North, love the new ST coach hire. Lots im happy about. Just dont like everything the org does or every single player, thats all!
it's all good, we know you care, it's just that often people make these type of predictions, which are basically guessing, then when there right we get the 'I told you so's" comments. :lol:

the chance that Love stinks is high, most QB's end up smelly, but even the coach's can't predict Love at this stage, so how could you?

almost every kicker has trouble kicking it out of the EZ at Lambeau, specially so when windy, obviously his leg strength isn't what it was a few years back, but it is still enough to get it into the EZ, Crosby isn't the reason we give up 26 yrds per kick, lousy coverage and tackling hurts us worse

no way I would have tendered Lazard, the shame of the whole thing is no one would give up a 2nd rounder for him, so where stuck with paying him 4 mil. which I understand is cheap these days, course I freaked when Minny gave MVS 10 mil. but he has the type of speed teams pay for, and a ceiling Lazard can only dream about

we've had several OL that took about 18 to 20 months to heal, I'am starting to worry now to, but it's not as though he'll have gotten anything out of this minny or OTA's, he can play LT in his sleep

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:37
Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:09
BF004 wrote:

Lol, thought the same.

3) Jordan Love stinks

Thats it!!

it's all good, we know you care, it's just that often people make these type of predictions, which are basically guessing, then when there right we get the 'I told you so's" comments. :lol:

the chance that Love stinks is high, most QB's end up smelly, but even the coach's can't predict Love at this stage, so how could you?

almost every kicker has trouble kicking it out of the EZ at Lambeau, specially so when windy, obviously his leg strength isn't what it was a few years back, but it is still enough to get it into the EZ, Crosby isn't the reason we give up 26 yrds per kick, lousy coverage and tackling hurts us worse

no way I would have tendered Lazard, the shame of the whole thing is no one would give up a 2nd rounder for him, so where stuck with paying him 4 mil. which I understand is cheap these days, course I freaked when Minny gave MVS 10 mil. but he has the type of speed teams pay for, and a ceiling Lazard can only dream about

we've had several OL that took about 18 to 20 months to heal, I'am starting to worry now to, but it's not as though he'll have gotten anything out of this minny or OTA's, he can play LT in his sleep
I only laid out my positions to show that I’m not hiding from any of them, and that they are not toooo extreme. Just 3 or 4 things that are negative, while most other things are very positive. I feel if one likes everything the org is doing and likes every player, they are just being homers. It’s natural to have a few things to point out as problems, because no org is perfect.

It’s okay to say Lazard is an average WR worth about 4m and that’s it. It’s okay to say Crosby is old and now overpaid at this point.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:59
3) Jordan Love stinks
I think I agree with all these points. Doesn't mean I can't change my mind or be convinced otherwise later down the road, but evidence certainly points to all these things being true at this moment.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
15 Jun 2022 06:28
Drj820 wrote:
3) Jordan Love stinks
I think I agree with all these points. Doesn't mean I can't change my mind or be convinced otherwise later down the road, but evidence certainly points to all these things being true at this moment.
Agreed. These are very reasonable points and assertions.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jun 2022 08:48
APB wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
3) Jordan Love stinks
Nice job DJ. Getting approval of negative realities is rare here from the elite. Try to be more positive though. You are bringing me down. I have had no luck pointing out the obvious.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This whole recent back and forth really illustrates the thematic misunderstanding of this board.

People often think there is a faction who argues that everything is great and a faction that argues that we have problems, and that anyone pointing out problems with the team on this board gets shouted down.

The disagreement isn't and never has been that. Everyone who posts here regularly (including whoever is included as the elite, as to which I have guesses but there's plenty of gray area) complains about issues they have with the team or sees things they wish would have been done differently.

The disagreement spurs only from what that means and whether or not there is any use, predictive merit, or joy to be gained from insisting that our concerns are too severe to ever win a Super Bowl or whether the issues apparent on the Packers put them in contention every year to win, and it is factors outside of roster concerns, to include but not limited to luck and chance, that have prevented us from winning more championships. There are further nuances within all those disagreements, and layers of disagreements within the broader agreeing factions, but that's the root.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jun 2022 12:27
This whole recent back and forth really illustrates the thematic misunderstanding of this board.

People often think there is a faction who argues that everything is great and a faction that argues that we have problems, and that anyone pointing out problems with the team on this board gets shouted down.

The disagreement isn't and never has been that. Everyone who posts here regularly (including whoever is included as the elite, as to which I have guesses but there's plenty of gray area) complains about issues they have with the team or sees things they wish would have been done differently.

The disagreement spurs only from what that means and whether or not there is any use, predictive merit, or joy to be gained from insisting that our concerns are too severe to ever win a Super Bowl or whether the issues apparent on the Packers put them in contention every year to win, and it is factors outside of roster concerns, to include but not limited to luck and chance, that have prevented us from winning more championships. There are further nuances within all those disagreements, and layers of disagreements within the broader agreeing factions, but that's the root.
:clap:
It also stems from the degree to which one points out holes/failings compared to the degree to which one points out good things about the team. Some are content with acknowledging the flaws and focusing on the good, others want to harp on the flaws and occasionally mention the good.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

omg guys! We have locker room video from yesterday! So many rookies! Rashaan Gary!

Gary: Wants a Super Bowl!

Quay Walker: Wants to work on his punt set techniques!

Christian Watson:

Romeo Doubs:

Samori Toure

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Realist wrote:
15 Jun 2022 10:24
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

Nice job DJ. Getting approval of negative realities is rare here from the elite. Try to be more positive though. You are bringing me down. I have had no luck pointing out the obvious.
there are no reality's concerning any of those opinions, there guesses at best.

I's fine to have a opinion, thats what this forum is all about, but when someone says Love sucks after only seeing such a small sample that opinion is based on almost zero inside knowledge and Practice with very little familiarity with the receivers, imo it is impossible at this stage to say who Love will become,

Same with Bahktiari, just because like so many others in the league that didn't work during OTA's and minni camp, he obviously must still have problems with the knee, how could anyone here possibly know that? reality is they havn't a clue.

Imo Lazard benefited from a weak receiver room to get that tender, it's my belief that once the draft was completed Gute was hoping some team would fork over a 2nd rounder for him, Lazard muddy's up a receiver room where almost everyone has more talent then he does, so why pay a guy to hold others back.

some here have wanted to replace Mason for half a decade, yet here he is, the coaches know that Mason isn't the problem on ST's.

you and several others have been attempting to divide the forum, calling people out, &%$@ like that is beyond childish, but then look at the state of the nation we live in, I guess it's expected.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:

Na. I’ve made no comment on whether our problems will prevent a 2022 super bowl. I’m actually really stoked to see how the defense can carry us and have a lot of faith in the new STs coach to help make STs not a liability bound to damn us.

There are literally people on this board who think you are a pessimist or bad fan of you don’t take the org line or think highly of every player, everytime. The only player allowed to be attacked amongst this group is Mr Aaron Rodgers.

Now, I enjoy sparring with these people. The same people who pretend i hide from my takes after they don’t turn out. Even though I’ve always taken responsibility for my takes. I was very vocal that Tonyan was not gonna become that guy, then he had a great 2020 season and I said...dang he shocked me, heck ya!!

People also think that just because you call a spade a spade that it brings you joy. Trust me, it brings me no pleasure to report that Jordan Love is trash can juice. In debate, I’l continue to say it, because it’s my opinion. But trust me, I’d love for him to be the next Mahommes!

Finally, I laid out my negative takes so that someone can bring them up later if they want to accuse me of hiding. I hope I’m wrong on all of them!

(And anyone who gets defensive over the above post is part of the “elite” :P :) :lol: )

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Realist wrote:
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:
For the record, I've been critical of Crosby for eons now. Thought he should've been replaced last time he went through the yips back in '17. He's since had two good seasons and two bad seasons which is wholly replaceable production relative to his cost. He's way too expensive for a cap strapped team like the Packers to keep keepin' around just because they apparently suck at scouting replacements.

But you all know my position on him. I've said it enough and my points have been made. There is no need for me to keep harping about it post after post like many seem ever so willing to do.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2022 12:59
Realist wrote:
go pak go wrote:

there are no reality's concerning any of those opinions, there guesses at best.

I's fine to have a opinion, thats what this forum is all about, but when someone says Love sucks after only seeing such a small sample that opinion is based on almost zero inside knowledge and Practice with very little familiarity with the receivers, imo it is impossible at this stage to say who Love will become,

Same with Bahktiari, just because like so many others in the league that didn't work during OTA's and minni camp, he obviously must still have problems with the knee, how could anyone here possibly know that? reality is they havn't a clue.

Imo Lazard benefited from a weak receiver room to get that tender, it's my belief that once the draft was completed Gute was hoping some team would fork over a 2nd rounder for him, Lazard muddy's up a receiver room where almost everyone has more talent then he does, so why pay a guy to hold others back.

some here have wanted to replace Mason for half a decade, yet here he is, the coaches know that Mason isn't the problem on ST's.

you and several others have been attempting to divide the forum, calling people out, &%$@ like that is beyond childish, but then look at the state of the nation we live in, I guess it's expected.
Let’s see, where to begin lol

1) I’ve seen Love for 2 seasons haha. I saw him not even earn a spot on the gameday roster in year one. Saw him play awful in game action in year 2. Saw the org move Heaven and earth and kiss the ring to get Rodgers back because they KNOW Love isn’t ready. Saw Adams say he left town because he didn’t want to play here without Rodgers. All those things are facts and help inform my opinion.

2) Bahks knee may be fine. But 18 months after an injury and still in a rehab group AND coach not guaranteeing his camp availability informs my opinion that is a bad omen. LaFleur said he was hopeful, but he didn’t say it was a sure bet. Which obviously means he’s not cleared yet. That’s a yikes to me.

3) Lazard-we agree

4) as for Crosby...it’s not the player I have a problem with. It’s his wage. I’m sure he does his job well. He’s a professional through and through. I just think if he’s taking so much of the cap he should be able to do things his age doesn’t allow.

Unreasonable?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

YoHoChecko wrote:

Nice post, but it's not due to misunderstanding that people don't get that.

Complaining about an elite, whether or not it actually exists in reality, is just a shtick that some people like to take up for whatever reason.

Realist = rebel without a clue
Rebel Without a Clue's deep seated and infantile hostility to authority motivates his random and seemingly gratuitous attacks on list owners, Admins, Nannies or anyone else who attempts to maintain order and civility in discussion forums. Differing markedly from Rebel Leader, he is unattached to any cause other than petulance for its own sake, and will therefore seldom inspire general insurrection. In his frequent and ineffectual attacks on the established order he will often cite the Bible, or the US Constitution to support incoherent arguments. Rebel Without a Clue NEVER reads forum FAQs , and loudly decries as fascism any enforcement whatsoever of forum rules.
https://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warr ... utclue.htm
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
15 Jun 2022 13:32
Complaining about an elite, whether or not it actually exists in reality, is just a shtick that some people like to take up for whatever reason.
There is never any reason to say something that is universally accepted. Aaron Rodgers is good, our special teams were bad last year. We come here to talk, share our opinions on things that might not be as consensus. So yeah, some likely to rebut pretty much anything worth saying a little, probably someone different each time. Then to have such thin skin you can't handle a debate and talk of some forum elite in like 50% of your posts as some kind of defense mechanism, just a little juvenile for me.