OTA's 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There are literally people on this board who think you are a pessimist or bad fan of you don’t take the org line or think highly of every player, everytime. The only player allowed to be attacked amongst this group is Mr Aaron Rodgers.
I genuinely do not see a single member of this forum that always takes the org line or always thinks highly of every player everytime. The closest to that person is probably Nick, but he doesn't get into long discussions these days.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the airlines don't lose your luggage on purpose, but everyone takes it so damn personal :lol: 2 guns

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The only real thing I get annoyed at are pet topics, only using data when it supports a pet topic narrative and pet topics.

Have I mentioned how much I hate pet topics?

I love this place because it brings awesome data. We can then use that data to find correlations, variables, and other support to arrive at conclusions and ultimately being better fans. I love that kind of talk.

I made a promise to myself to no longer be part of the problem of Thread hijacking. I didn't start it... but I let it continue.

So now I just use Simpson's memes in those situations instead. Because let's be real. The Simpson's literally has a meme for every situation in life.
Last edited by go pak go on 15 Jun 2022 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 14:23
There are literally people on this board who think you are a pessimist or bad fan of you don’t take the org line or think highly of every player, everytime. The only player allowed to be attacked amongst this group is Mr Aaron Rodgers.
I genuinely do not see a single member of this forum that always takes the org line or always thinks highly of every player everytime. The closest to that person is probably Nick, but he doesn't get into long discussions these days.
Yeah. I used to be a suuuuuuper hard core homer too. But I was a kid then. That was 15 years ago. I definitely started to become more realistic in my fandom starting the Monday Night Football game vs Denver in 2015 (not to name a specific moment or anything)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 13:23
Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2022 12:59
Realist wrote:
15 Jun 2022 10:24

Nice job DJ. Getting approval of negative realities is rare here from the elite. Try to be more positive though. You are bringing me down. I have had no luck pointing out the obvious.
there are no reality's concerning any of those opinions, there guesses at best.

I's fine to have a opinion, thats what this forum is all about, but when someone says Love sucks after only seeing such a small sample that opinion is based on almost zero inside knowledge and Practice with very little familiarity with the receivers, imo it is impossible at this stage to say who Love will become,

Same with Bahktiari, just because like so many others in the league that didn't work during OTA's and minni camp, he obviously must still have problems with the knee, how could anyone here possibly know that? reality is they havn't a clue.

Imo Lazard benefited from a weak receiver room to get that tender, it's my belief that once the draft was completed Gute was hoping some team would fork over a 2nd rounder for him, Lazard muddy's up a receiver room where almost everyone has more talent then he does, so why pay a guy to hold others back.

some here have wanted to replace Mason for half a decade, yet here he is, the coaches know that Mason isn't the problem on ST's.

you and several others have been attempting to divide the forum, calling people out, &%$@ like that is beyond childish, but then look at the state of the nation we live in, I guess it's expected.
Let’s see, where to begin lol

1) I’ve seen Love for 2 seasons haha. I saw him not even earn a spot on the gameday roster in year one. Saw him play awful in game action in year 2. Saw the org move Heaven and earth and kiss the ring to get Rodgers back because they KNOW Love isn’t ready. Saw Adams say he left town because he didn’t want to play here without Rodgers. All those things are facts and help inform my opinion.

2) Bahks knee may be fine. But 18 months after an injury and still in a rehab group AND coach not guaranteeing his camp availability informs my opinion that is a bad omen. LaFleur said he was hopeful, but he didn’t say it was a sure bet. Which obviously means he’s not cleared yet. That’s a yikes to me.

3) Lazard-we agree

4) as for Crosby...it’s not the player I have a problem with. It’s his wage. I’m sure he does his job well. He’s a professional through and through. I just think if he’s taking so much of the cap he should be able to do things his age doesn’t allow.

Unreasonable?
everyone saw those 19 QB's that took over 3 years to start that I brought, not all players look good early or even after several seasons, specially QB, a position that requires so much mental for the physical part to even work, Love might bust out, or never be more then just serviceable, but I doubt even Clements or Lafluer would wager on that outcome now

and everyone uses wage, or the amount concerning Crosby, and that is the least of my concerns, the reason the team keeps him is obvious, a replacement, any replacement is no sure thing, it's like QB, mind over matter, when we see Crosby struggle, it usually starts with someone else goofing up, it strains masons confidence so naturally he struggles, it has less to do with the physical and more to do state of mind, where paying Lazard 4 mil. and Mason 4.7, guess who will provide the most production.

we have another kicker to provide competition for Crosby, if he beats him out we'll save about 2 mil. he'll have to do so convincingly or thats not enough of savings to chance it.

If Bahk can't go once TC starts then I'll worry, but it's a waste of energy till then.

I enjoy reading your post, I think it'd good to have differing points of view and opinions, it keeps the forum flowing :aok:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jun 2022 14:27
So now I just use Simpson's memes in those situations instead. Because let's be real. The Simpson's literally has a meme for every situation in life.
https://memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/78d87fe ... NJxLZ.copy

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 13:07
This is the realest thing posted on this board. Fans will bash away at Rodgers hours on end. Meanwhile the front office has been absolutely failing in their personnel decision making from coaches to players.

You see it all the time. Damarious Randall is talented. King is good when healthy. Turner is a good player. Lazard has #1 potential. We here all this garbage until the player (or GM for that matter) leaves and finally it’s a breath of fresh air for fans to finally say something like “yeah he was bad.”

We still have fans lauding the 2018 draft class when all we walked away with was Alexander.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Talk about hyperbole to end all hyperbole... The front office is absolutely failing from coaches to players?

The front office hasn't done everything right, by any means, but we don't get to 3 13 win seasons because the "front office is absolutely failing in personnel decisions."

There is not a soul on this board that 100% agrees with everything the organization does or that every player is good. That is a complete straw man argument. It's lazy. Almost everything in the post above just is not true about those on this board.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
No comment
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2022 14:49
Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 13:23
Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2022 12:59

there are no reality's concerning any of those opinions, there guesses at best.

I's fine to have a opinion, thats what this forum is all about, but when someone says Love sucks after only seeing such a small sample that opinion is based on almost zero inside knowledge and Practice with very little familiarity with the receivers, imo it is impossible at this stage to say who Love will become,

Same with Bahktiari, just because like so many others in the league that didn't work during OTA's and minni camp, he obviously must still have problems with the knee, how could anyone here possibly know that? reality is they havn't a clue.

Imo Lazard benefited from a weak receiver room to get that tender, it's my belief that once the draft was completed Gute was hoping some team would fork over a 2nd rounder for him, Lazard muddy's up a receiver room where almost everyone has more talent then he does, so why pay a guy to hold others back.

some here have wanted to replace Mason for half a decade, yet here he is, the coaches know that Mason isn't the problem on ST's.

you and several others have been attempting to divide the forum, calling people out, &%$@ like that is beyond childish, but then look at the state of the nation we live in, I guess it's expected.
Let’s see, where to begin lol

1) I’ve seen Love for 2 seasons haha. I saw him not even earn a spot on the gameday roster in year one. Saw him play awful in game action in year 2. Saw the org move Heaven and earth and kiss the ring to get Rodgers back because they KNOW Love isn’t ready. Saw Adams say he left town because he didn’t want to play here without Rodgers. All those things are facts and help inform my opinion.

2) Bahks knee may be fine. But 18 months after an injury and still in a rehab group AND coach not guaranteeing his camp availability informs my opinion that is a bad omen. LaFleur said he was hopeful, but he didn’t say it was a sure bet. Which obviously means he’s not cleared yet. That’s a yikes to me.

3) Lazard-we agree

4) as for Crosby...it’s not the player I have a problem with. It’s his wage. I’m sure he does his job well. He’s a professional through and through. I just think if he’s taking so much of the cap he should be able to do things his age doesn’t allow.

Unreasonable?
everyone saw those 19 QB's that took over 3 years to start that I brought, not all players look good early or even after several seasons, specially QB, a position that requires so much mental for the physical part to even work, Love might bust out, or never be more then just serviceable, but I doubt even Clements or Lafluer would wager on that outcome now

and everyone uses wage, or the amount concerning Crosby, and that is the least of my concerns, the reason the team keeps him is obvious, a replacement, any replacement is no sure thing, it's like QB, mind over matter, when we see Crosby struggle, it usually starts with someone else goofing up, it strains masons confidence so naturally he struggles, it has less to do with the physical and more to do state of mind, where paying Lazard 4 mil. and Mason 4.7, guess who will provide the most production.

we have another kicker to provide competition for Crosby, if he beats him out we'll save about 2 mil. he'll have to do so convincingly or thats not enough of savings to chance it.

If Bahk can't go once TC starts then I'll worry, but it's a waste of energy till then.

I enjoy reading your post, I think it'd good to have differing points of view and opinions, it keeps the forum flowing :aok:
I enjoy your post too Yoop. Some i totally agree with, and the ones I don’t make me laugh. Keep up the good work.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 16:19
Pckfn23 wrote:
No comment
I assume you say no comment because what you imply actually does not exist on this board.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 16:22
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

No comment
I assume you say no comment because what you imply actually does not exist on this board.
:aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 16:23
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

No comment
:aok:
Perfect, thanks! Always good to know when you a trolling responses and not actually looking for a true conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jun 2022 15:39
You see it all the time. Damarious Randall is talented. King is good when healthy. Turner is a good player. Lazard has #1 potential. We here all this garbage until the player (or GM for that matter) leaves and finally it’s a breath of fresh air for fans to finally say something like “yeah he was bad.”
I'm going to use this for illustrative purposes.

Some people hold some opinions like these, but almost no one holds all of them.

I'd imagine I'm considered among the most optimistic, team-friendly posters here because I consider myself to be one. I also think the results have validated my optimism. We're the second-best-run organization over the past 30 years; the Patriots have us beat, but the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, and Packers (maybe I'm forgetting someone) make up the next tier of awesomeness. I think it's a joy to be a Packers fan in this era.

But I'm getting sidetracked. My point is the list of positions above. I, as an optimist, hold that Turner is a good player. I hold that view because of numerous advanced analytics about his blocking grades and win rates. He's consistently been an above-average RT for the Packers, much to my surprise, after struggling more at OG than I anticipated. In fact, cutting him while Jenkins and Bakh are still recovering from injury is my least favorite move of this offseason.

So here I am, making Lupe's point, tight? I'm such a boot-licking moron that I'm still holding onto Billy Turner of all people! But I always thought Kevin King stunk, healthy or not. And I'm not sure what the stance is with Randall. I mean, he was fairly talented, and had a decent few years as a free safety after leaving us, but I also hated the pick initially (I preferred Rollins, so no horn tootin' here) and didn't understand the FS to CB transition. I gave the team the benefit of the doubt for a couple years, as I tend to do, and then was happy to be rid of the guy.

And then we're at Lazard, who I think is a pretty mediocre player. But I'm also not sure what "a #1 WR is" right now. He might be our TOP statistical WR. But I think we're knowingly going into this season planning on not having a "go-to #1" guy. We're planning on having multiple guys with different skillsets fill different roles.

But again, this post isn't about my opinions. It's about the illusion that there's a group of people who hold ALL the rosy, optimistic opinions at once, all the time. But the truth is that there's probably at least one frequent poster (an elite if you will) that holds every position. As a group, they hold all the optimistic ones, but each individual holds some optimistic ones and some negative ones.

By making up a concept of the elite poster who reigns down terror on any who think poorly of any management decision, you are simply misconstruing the trees for a forest, to paraphrase. You don't notice that the individual trees all have different characteristics. You simply know you argue with the forest all the time, so the forest must be one unified group of people who hold every opinion you disagree with.

It's a simple failure of nuance and communication... on the part of those complaining. It's a one-way misunderstanding. If you believe there is an overly optimistic elite., it's because you don't bother to differentiate between people on here, not because there's a unified overly optimistic elite. It doesn't exist. When DJ listed off the things he doesn't like about the team, all the posters were like "oh hey, what a reasonable list of concerns." And y'all still can't grasp what's happening here.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TL;DR version:

If you think there is an elite group of overly-optimistic posters who conform to every Packers Party Line, that's your failure to distinguish between a group of diverse people with diverse opinions, not any characteristic that actually applies to any of us individually.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jun 2022 15:39
Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 13:07
This is the realest thing posted on this board. Fans will bash away at Rodgers hours on end. Meanwhile the front office has been absolutely failing in their personnel decision making from coaches to players.

We still have fans lauding the 2018 draft class when all we walked away with was Alexander.
I don't think I have it in me to put Packers players down, to bully them, and to enjoy their failure until they leave.

Dunno what to do about that.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The issue stems from the way the org is setup. Many fans here (including myself) own stock in the team. So they feel they can’t be hard on something they think they are a part of. Some feel they must run PR for the org because they think they a part of the org. After all, they are an “owner” of the team we are discussing. This influences their own posting, plus influences how they respond to less than glowing reviews for players and org decisions.

But again, it’s all good with me. I don’t care what people post. I come here because I love the packers, learn more about the team here, and find the ecosystem entertaining...however something not on my list is running PR for the org because I have a share of stock.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That is in no way the case for people here.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 16:57
The issue stems from the way the org is setup. Many fans here (including myself) own stock in the team. So they feel they can’t be hard on something they think they are a part of. Some feel they must run PR for the org because they think they a part of the org. After all, they are an “owner” of the team we are discussing. This influences their own posting, plus influences how they respond to less than glowing reviews for players and org decisions.

But again, it’s all good with me. I don’t care what people post. I come here because I love the packers, learn more about the team here, and find the ecosystem entertaining...however something not on my list is running PR for the org because I have a share of stock.
I don’t agree with this at all. I can’t think of a person who isn’t critical about something.

I also just feel like a there is a huge difference between let’s just wait to judge Love and see how he develops, vs Love sucks. And for some reason, one of those stances is the one being called out for a bad take and I can’t really understand why.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

No comment
of course it exist on this board, it exist in everything, Homerism is a natural thing, take a look around, almost 50% of this country is loyal to a baboon, thats the problem, loyalty minus the foundation for it is mis guided homerism.

basically the entire football sports media has said outside of Adams our WR group sucked, I said it for years, look at the backlash I got around here, same with Gary, we used slot 12 on a player that graded 58 of all draft selections in that class, 50 freaking 8, Simmons graded low teens in comparison, again I got gang banged for my opinion, don't tell me there is no homerism here.