Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Realist wrote:
22 Jul 2022 10:27
BF004 wrote:
22 Jul 2022 08:27
Realist wrote:
22 Jul 2022 08:21

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/lamar- ... yoff-stats
I wouldn't want Jackson on a big extension. Make him a pocket passer and he is less than pedestrian.
He is actually very solid on many many advanced passing metrics. He does not have a good offense around him, scrubs at RB last year (due to injury), poor WR's throughout his career, likely a worse WR room this year than the Packers. He actually is a very good pocket passer, accurate, and actually does a really good job going through his progressions and not just running.
I trust ur opinion but the eye test tells me I don't think Jackson or Murray are quarterbacks I would want. On rookie deals? Yes. Building around them on a massive deal? No.
I tend to agree with this take.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I would say Lamar Jackson would be on the short list of guys I would build around.

I’d maybe peg him as the 4th most valuable player in the league (age, position, talent), behind Mahomes, Allen and Burrow.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Jordy Love will rock the last year of his rookie deal, and demand fifty mil. to resign, no worries :hail:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2022 12:18
Jordy Love will rock the last year of his rookie deal, and demand fifty mil. to resign, no worries :hail:
Id be all for it, because it would mean we'd have our 3rd great QB in a row. It would be unfortunate to have to pay him, but I think all the NFC North rival's tears would be worth it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
22 Jul 2022 12:41
Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2022 12:18
Id be all for it, because it would mean we'd have our 3rd great QB in a row. It would be unfortunate to have to pay him, but I think all the NFC North rival's tears would be worth it.
best case scenario I think, if he doesn't pan out then we'll have to spend big to buy a vet or trade down in the draft to get another, which will force us to use him right away, then it's a 50/50 proposition, imo only about 2 out of 5 forced to start right away do well and those are top 10 picks, the rest bounce from team to team, so glad we didn't have to rush Love into action right away.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
22 Jul 2022 11:16
Realist wrote:
22 Jul 2022 10:27
BF004 wrote:
22 Jul 2022 08:27

He is actually very solid on many many advanced passing metrics. He does not have a good offense around him, scrubs at RB last year (due to injury), poor WR's throughout his career, likely a worse WR room this year than the Packers. He actually is a very good pocket passer, accurate, and actually does a really good job going through his progressions and not just running.
I trust ur opinion but the eye test tells me I don't think Jackson or Murray are quarterbacks I would want. On rookie deals? Yes. Building around them on a massive deal? No.
I tend to agree with this take.
I mean I would have already wanted to pay Lamar. Because I’m not sure how good he will be in say 5 years. But he’s worth the money today for sure. He’s done WAAAAY more in this league than little kyler ever has. He’s won divisions, he’s won a playoff game, and he’s won the freaking MVP...sure there are reasons to be concerned about longevity...but he’s miles ahead of little Calamari
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NFL has announced a new streaming service for the US: NFL+

Essentially NFL+ becomes the league's streaming service for the US customers, while NFL Game Pass remains the solution for international viewers.

The main difference is that NFL+ allows live viewing of games only on mobile and tablet devices for a rather cheap price ($40 regural/$80 premium for the year), while Game Pass allows international viewers the same thing but on any devices like PCs, Chromecast and smart TVs for 252€ for the year.

Here are the features of NFL+ :

NFL+ regular - $4.99/month or $39.99/year:
  • Live local and primetime games on mobile and tablet devices
  • Live out-of-market preseason games across all devices
  • Live game audio (home, away and national calls) for every game of the season
  • NFL library programming on-demand, ad-free
NFL+ Premium - $9.99/month or $79.99/yea:
  • All features of NFL+
  • Full game replays across devices (ad-free)
  • Condensed game replays across devices (ad-free)
  • Coaches Film (ad-free)
Now, what makes this incredibly interesting for me and perhaps for y'all, is that there are Android emulators for the PC... IF NFL+ works with such an emulator, one could turn their PC into a "mobile device" and get fully legal access to the live Packers games with GB announcers for less than $5 per regular season game... I'll have to look into that...

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Great stuff.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Jul 2022 10:31
NFL has announced a new streaming service for the US: NFL+

Essentially NFL+ becomes the league's streaming service for the US customers, while NFL Game Pass remains the solution for international viewers.

The main difference is that NFL+ allows live viewing of games only on mobile and tablet devices for a rather cheap price ($40 regural/$80 premium for the year), while Game Pass allows international viewers the same thing but on any devices like PCs, Chromecast and smart TVs for 252€ for the year.

Here are the features of NFL+ :

NFL+ regular - $4.99/month or $39.99/year:
  • Live local and primetime games on mobile and tablet devices
  • Live out-of-market preseason games across all devices
  • Live game audio (home, away and national calls) for every game of the season
  • NFL library programming on-demand, ad-free
NFL+ Premium - $9.99/month or $79.99/yea:
  • All features of NFL+
  • Full game replays across devices (ad-free)
  • Condensed game replays across devices (ad-free)
  • Coaches Film (ad-free)
Now, what makes this incredibly interesting for me and perhaps for y'all, is that there are Android emulators for the PC... IF NFL+ works with such an emulator, one could turn their PC into a "mobile device" and get fully legal access to the live Packers games with GB announcers for less than $5 per regular season game... I'll have to look into that...
Leave it to the NFL to finally offer a live online viewing subscription service...and then screw it up for a large contingent of their viewing audience.

I (and anybody else) can already get local/primetime televised NFL games on my OTA antenna for free. What I want is access to Packer broadcasts here in Virginia. The NFL still doesn't offer a team package - aside from Sunday Ticket for outrageous cost - so I guess they still won't be getting any of my money.

And I'll still be watching every game for free. So there.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So basically if you had NFL Gamepass, you automatically switch to NFL+ Premium.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

I don't mind the mobile only. Just stream to your TV. I do that for the NBA app

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Not terrible. It's kind of like CenturyLink meets US Bank.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

jglovia wrote:
25 Jul 2022 16:49
The NFL app specifically blocks streaming to your TV during all live games. Apparently blocks mirroring the screen while using the app, too. :idn:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
25 Jul 2022 17:40
Not terrible. It's kind of like CenturyLink meets US Bank.

Looks like a nice place to still suck at.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Jul 2022 17:51
jglovia wrote:
The NFL app specifically blocks streaming to your TV during all live games. Apparently blocks mirroring the screen while using the app, too. :idn:
That's odd. I thought NBA said that too? But I travel a lot for work and use that screen mirror on TV's all the time. Might have to make sure before I get it then

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

jglovia wrote:
Now Samsung devices can only cast to Samsung tvs

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Julio Jones to Tampa.

Damn.

Guess that is probably a downgrade for Gronk, just a TE1 to a WR3, but still.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jul 2022 16:02
Julio Jones to Tampa.

Damn.

This is, like, 1 of 3 teams that could have most led to our fan base exploding, haha.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Jul 2022 16:05
BF004 wrote:
26 Jul 2022 16:02
Julio Jones to Tampa.

Damn.

This is, like, 1 of 3 teams that could have most led to our fan base exploding, haha.
oh great. cue the "we aren't going all in" posts. :yoshi:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.