9 Packers to Start Training Camp on PUP

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2022 06:53
Drj820 wrote:
23 Jul 2022 22:08
Makes sense why bulaga was in for a visit last week now I guess
I thought bringing Bulaga back would be insurance, now it looks like a search for a replacement tackle, more bad luck with this OL
Probably won't matter until the playoffs. The defense should get us another North title. From there who knows ......... might break another Favre record.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Jul 2022 05:27
Uh, Jenkins is also on PUP. And he was the last one to tear his ACL. What do you have in mind BEFORE December?
I was speaking long-term of course. 'Til then? Nijman. And sadly, I shudder to ask myself who should play there should Nijman be unavailable.

But ya know... :idea: ... I said before that the stuff they have been saying about Zach Tom sounds a lot like Bakhtiari coming out: a guy who was a good college LT but would "have to" move inside to C in the pros. Bakh got his start when Derek Sherrod had a career-ending injury and proved very capable in the LT role.

They have only played Tom at C to my knowledge in OTAs, but I gotta say, I'd be awfully curious to see if Tom can hack it at LT and we can get history to repeat itself. :o

Assuming they keep him at C as all the reports indicate, though, I guess you'd have to go with the best of Rhyan, Van Lanen, or Walker for that role, all of whom should probably be playing G or RT instead. :?
The problem hits home in the playoffs. AR is a head case if Bakh is not protecting his blind side. 1 and done - again.
Yes indeed. Rodgers can win without good WRs but he can't win without good OL play. I'm retrospectively wishing we used the Christian Watson pick on an LT.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Cutting Billy Turner to save $3.5M instead of, say, Dean Lowry or even Mason Crosby was a mistake.

I thought so at the time, given the health of the OTs (lack of, that is)

It seems to be true. Nothing against Dean or Mason, but Ks come cheap and our DL is pretty loaded now (though the move was made before drafting Wyatt). Just too much health risk to cut a starting RT.

As it is, maybe Bakh still winds up playing the whole season. Who knows. But the risk management of the OT position bugs me this offseason.

CVL and Newman got a lot of time at OT. Maybe Newman pitches in at RT and Rhyan wins the RG spot, allowing Nijmen to play the LT role when/if Bakh is out.

Also, I know they say the Christian Watson thing is super temporary but gosh I'm sad about it anyway.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Those of us who have had major knee surgery’s know that things don’t just magically get better after about 18 months out. It means your body either rejected the material used to repair the acl, or something was wrong with the surgical repair.

Spontaneous improvement is common and likely within like the first year, after that...your probably just going to have knee problems throughout your life.

I will say my cuz had ACL surgery and his body rejected the cadaver graph and two years later they completely redid his surgery and used his own hamstring for the second graph and his knee is good as new now. Point being, maybe Bahk can get him a whole new surgery and offer his services to the team for the last year or two of his mega deal.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jul 2022 11:29
Those of us who have had major knee surgery’s know that things don’t just magically get better after about 18 months out. It means your body either rejected the material used to repair the acl, or something was wrong with the surgical repair.

Spontaneous improvement is common and likely within like the first year, after that...your probably just going to have knee problems throughout your life.

I will say my cuz had ACL surgery and his body rejected the cadaver graph and two years later they completely redid his surgery and used his own hamstring for the second graph and his knee is good as new now. Point being, maybe Bahk can get him a whole new surgery and offer his services to the team for the last year or two of his mega deal.
Yeah I think at this point if I am Bak I am more concerned about my health after football or like you said, maybe need to redo the surgery anyways and hope for 2023.

This to me isn't a "worry" any longer. It's a finality. If he can't pass the physicals now....he isn't ever going to pass them.

The only thing that could change this is maybe he already had a surgery of some type this past spring and he is currently on a new "medical schedule"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2022 11:35
Drj820 wrote:
24 Jul 2022 11:29

Yeah I think at this point if I am Bak I am more concerned about my health after football or like you said, maybe need to redo the surgery anyways and hope for 2023.

This to me isn't a "worry" any longer. It's a finality. If he can't pass the physicals now....he isn't ever going to pass them.

The only thing that could change this is maybe he already had a surgery of some type this past spring and he is currently on a new "medical schedule"
Sounds like this was indeed the case. I am more optimistic now.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Where did you hear bak had another surgery?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Press Conference
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Watson is on PUP but he was out on the field with a sleeve on his leg, watching what the other receivers were doing. Good sign.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Jul 2022 03:58
Watson is on PUP but he was out on the field with a sleeve on his leg, watching what the other receivers were doing. Good sign.
Gute said he will miss some TC but not a long term concern. They wanted to get it done now instead of have him play all season in pain and wait until spring.