Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Is the joke supposed to be the Bears owner or Mark Davis's classic haircut?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2022 12:14
Is the joke supposed to be the Bears owner or Mark Davis's classic haircut?
obviously Mark Davis, it's hardly a joke that Rodgers owns the Bears, thats pretty matter of fact knowledge, right? :lol:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

We've signed a WR!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Jul 2022 22:21
We've signed a WR!

I hope he doesn't break...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:shock:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jul 2022 22:39

Quite honestly, I think Rodgers is overplaying the dramatic effect with that story.

I'm sure it wasn't the DC or position coach who mistook KC for somebody else. It was likely some assistant to the assistant intern who was playing messenger boy on cut day and barely knew his way around the building let alone each player by facial recognition. It was a simple mistake that should be "funny" by now but Rodgers is still seemingly butthurt over it. And it didn't even directly involve him.

It's like he was/is seeking out reasons to be mad at the organization. If one didn't know any better, you'd think he was some sort of diva...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
28 Jul 2022 06:08
Pckfn23 wrote:

Quite honestly, I think Rodgers is overplaying the dramatic effect with that story.

I'm sure it wasn't the DC or position coach who mistook KC for somebody else. It was likely some assistant to the assistant intern who was playing messenger boy on cut day and barely knew his way around the building let alone each player by facial recognition. It was a simple mistake that should be "funny" by now but Rodgers is still seemingly butthurt over it. And it didn't even directly involve him.

It's like he was/is seeking out reasons to be mad at the organization. If one didn't know any better, you'd think he was some sort of diva...
assistant to assistants shouldn't be given the task of telling players there being cut, if thats in fact what did happen, it should never happen, Rodgers is right, it lowers morale.

Did Rodgers offer his opinion, or was he asked, what went on prior to Rodgers threats of hold out where wrong, players not even being notified from the FO prior to being traded or cut was wrong, if it weren't for Rodgers pissing a bitch a few years back we'd still have McCarthy as the HC.

people will stand behind whatever BS the Packer FO does, total chaos from 2016 till 2019, minus Rodgers and that crap would still be the flavor of the day.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I agree with Rodgers; that can't happen. I can think of no (good) reason why it would.

When an employee $%@# up that badly, they get disciplined (or worse), and that is seen as completely rational. Maybe it is. Yet if one of the bosses -- someone with *more* responsibility i.e. greater consequences for their actions -- does the same, we are just supposed to laugh it off? In this case, over a man's whole livelihood.

Give me a break. I am glad to know Rodgers has been changing the culture there and been making them respect the players better. I for one would certainly expect this proud franchise to perform better in this department than a Mark Davis, Mike Brown, or whoever-run club. It's high time we actually did.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Labrev wrote:
28 Jul 2022 08:17
I agree with Rodgers; that can't happen. I can think of no (good) reason why it would.

When an employee $%@# up that badly, they get disciplined (or worse), and that is seen as completely rational. Maybe it is. Yet if one of the bosses -- someone with *more* responsibility i.e. greater consequences for their actions -- does the same, we are just supposed to laugh it off? In this case, over a man's whole livelihood.

Give me a break. I am glad to know Rodgers has been changing the culture there and been making them respect the players better. I for one would certainly expect this proud franchise to perform better in this department than a Mark Davis, Mike Brown, or whoever-run club. It's high time we actually did.
It's a funny story when it comes to Kenny C (woulda loved to see Gutey's face if Kenny had walked in with his playbook...), but not at all funny if it has happened with ANY fringe players. When it comes to livelihoods of players, gotta make sure to handle it with class and care. Step one: get a competent Turk.

The GM doesn't need to (or better not be) buddy buddy with players, since he likely will have to cut them one day. But he doesn't have to be an #&& about it, either. Some humanity, treating players as people, is warranted. Kudos to AR to help chance that culture.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

This probably happened before Gute was GM and perhaps AR was commenting on how much better things are now?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
28 Jul 2022 10:18
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

This probably happened before Gute was GM and perhaps AR was commenting on how much better things are now?
Kenny Clark's 3rd year, the year AR alleged this to have happened, was Gutekunst's first year as GM (2018).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the FO in complete chaos from 2015 till 2019, mis management from top down, we lose 4 PO games and Rodgers gets the blame, thank goodness Rodgers in 2018 said enough with this crap, and forced McCarthy out the door, should have happened two years earlier.

We all Loved the early versions of Ted and Mike, also nothing wrong with admitting both where kept a couple years to long in charge.

why wouldn't Rodgers still be a tad upset with the way things where, specially since it took what he did to force change, people brush over this stuff like it never happened, in reality we are lucky Rodgers didn't force a trade after the PO loss in 2015, McCarthy did nothing to help us win that game.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Still funny to think about our 4th round.

All our top picks. We are easing them along slowly, as you should with rookies. See a few flashes from a few here and there, might make some good pushes for a fair amount of snaps this year.

Yet our two guys from our notorious 4th, already like WR1 and LT, lol.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Aug 2022 09:46
Wow. I give you props 23 for this good share. He’s saying as the season goes on, a***** get tight. That’s 100% leadership. Whether its Rodgers, Lafleur, or both...to get deep in the season and the attitude to be “f this”, is awful!!

Interview made me respect Tonyan even more too.

This also goes back to what I had been saying about how even though rodgers and Crosby have “been there before”, nobody acts like they’ve been there before in the playoffs
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Aug 2022 13:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
Wow. I give you props 23 for this good share. He’s saying as the season goes on, a***** get tight. That’s 100% leadership. Whether its Rodgers, Lafleur, or both...to get deep in the season and the attitude to be “f this”, is awful!!

This also goes back to what I had been saying about how even though rodgers and Crosby have “been there before”, nobody acts like they’ve been there before in the playoffs
Ya, players get 12 to 13 games in and get tired, give up the drive and focus that got them there, and just go awe to hell with it, this is to freaking hard, can't buy his explanation, if anything we end up playing not to lose, and to conservative, we tend to do well in the first few series, get a lead and then just hope to hold on, if ya don't have the peddle to the metal for 60 minutes, you open the door to lose

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Aug 2022 15:35
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Ya, players get 12 to 13 games in and get tired, give up the drive and focus that got them there, and just go awe to hell with it, this is to freaking hard, can't buy his explanation, if anything we end up playing not to lose, and to conservative, we tend to do well in the first few series, get a lead and then just hope to hold on, if ya don't have the peddle to the metal for 60 minutes, you open the door to lose
Leadership
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Aug 2022 16:30
Yoop wrote:
07 Aug 2022 15:35
Drj820 wrote:

Leadership
actually I think it's a natural tendency to go into protective mood when your ahead, we see boxers and other athletes do it all the time, McCarthy use to preach that mistakes are the number one reason teams lose, and I think thats what we see, to often though the mistakes happen when players become tentative to, trying to protect a lead, obviously there must be a good balance to this, just my thoughts :idn: