Training Camp 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 01 Aug 2022 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I like the emphasis on head up!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Thanks for all the tweets, [mention]Pckfn23[/mention]! :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Remember that almost without variance, defense is ahead of offense early in camp.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

In the race for EDGE3, Andy Herman has Tipa and Hamilton showing up today strong. But especially Tipa--all over the tweets, both run and pass D

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Innis Gaines got noticed by Andy Herman for a great rep as a jammer and by Nagler for a great rep as a gunner. That's a good way to be S4/5

Speaking of S4/5, Vernon Scott got an easy INT on the final play of practice. Herman said bad decision by Love. Wood said Tyler Davis had fallen down on his route.

Zach Tom was swing T today playing both RT and LT, 1s and 2s. Held up against Wyatt on a notable run play, but in general it sounds like the OL is getting whipped by the DL, without specifics on who is getting beaten. Jarran Reed showing up as a reason for that in a few tweets.

Doubs had a drop, for once. Lazard, too; in the end zone.

Amari had a punt return when he went vertical immediately that got some attention

Gafford had another PBU or two today, making his presence known as a D reserve as well as his ST focus.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man Rico Gafford seems to be a player I expected nothing from to actually being a possible weapon for us.

His speed and ability to be a gunner and returner has tremendous value, but then add in that he is making a lot of plays at CB and also the potential to be given specific written up plays on offense due to his speed....this sounds like a super valuable player for us.

I think the offense still has reason for hope, but it sounds like we really are missing our tackles.

Hopefully we can get by enough early on but we really need Bakh and Jenkins healthy going into December.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I was going to post a bunch of Tweets from Andy Herman with stuff I haven't seen mentioned here but it would probably just slow down the page with endless loading (too many to list), just scroll down ~4h Ago from this post by me and work your way back up: https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Aug 2022 13:12
Amari had a punt return when he went vertical immediately that got some attention
Funny how that works

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
01 Aug 2022 14:55
I think the offense still has reason for hope, but it sounds like we really are missing our tackles.
Reason for hope? My god, it was day one with pads. And we had a top 10 defense last year and added Jaire Alexander, Quay Walker, Davonte Wyatt, and Jarran Reed to it without losing anyone but Chandon Sullivan.

I'm not remotely concerned about anything at this juncture, particularly at the positions we knew to expect competition where different guys are rotating every day (WR and OL)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I don’t take anything as gospel that I see or hear of in camp practices. Every year there are Camp stars that do nothing once the season rolls around. I continue to think the offense is extremely thin at tackle, has one of the leagues best QBs, has one of the leagues best RB units, and has a bottom 5 WR unit.

I also continue to think the defense will be very good.

The only thing from camp I will take as a sure fire positive is that it seems we finally have a coach on staff who 1) understands STs and 2) takes it seriously.

Everyone seems shocked to see a STs coach coaching STs hard. Lol it’s hilarious. Seems to me we finally have someone on staff who sees STs as 1/3 of football and not just some distant thing to use table scraps on. I mean Lafleur continues to appear shocked when veteran players go to STs meetings and offer to help, as if he doesn’t understand that they know that unit is costing them wins!! It’s unreal!!

But this is not a complaint post, this is a good news post..coach Rich is taking his job seriously, and the Packers will win more games because of this!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Aug 2022 16:10
I don’t take anything as gospel that I see or hear of in camp practices. Every year there are Camp stars that do nothing once the season rolls around. I continue to think the offense is extremely thin at tackle, has one of the leagues best QBs, has one of the leagues best RB units, and has a bottom 5 WR unit.
Yeah. I’m actually pretty stoked on the WR room, but it would be difficult for me not to be given that my plan to fix the room was to sign Sammy Watkins and draft Christian Watson and a couple mid round guys and that’s what we did. Plus Doubs is proving mature beyond his experience.

My concerns with this team fall almost entirely on OL depth and health, and edge/secondary depth.

Those are our only holes in my view. WR has some experience questions, but tons of capable players. The cream will rise to the top. I’m not worried about it.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 01 Aug 2022 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I am planning to take off of work on Thursday to attend Training Camp on August 4th. Anyone I should meet up with from this fantastic forum?

Does Bogey work on Training Camp days?

GO PACK GO !!