Amari Rodgers Training Video

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Amari Rodgers Training Video

Post by go pak go »

I said last year all along he just looked slow. I don't think that in this video. His explosion, his flexibility and his quickness definitely look better. Will be interesting to see how his year goes. Honestly we just have a lot of WRs on the team so everyone will be fighting for playing time. Hopefully his training translates to the field.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Can't even put the damn seat belt on. Total incompetence in making this video.

IMO, he and Cobb have the same skill set and both will not make the 53.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
02 Aug 2022 02:46

It will be interesting. If we keep 7 I am confident they both make it.

But 7 WRs includes our top 2 rookies, Watkins, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers and Winfree.

Thats a pretty talented group (just not top heavy)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Aug 2022 07:28
TheSkeptic wrote:

But 7 WRs includes our top 2 rookies, Watkins, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers and Winfree.

That is not a very talented group
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Aug 2022 07:56
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

what do you mean? Lazard has been impersonating Jordy Nelson for 3 years and is about to break out, the rumor is monkey pox :rotf: Amari just needed to drop 16lbs the rumor is he is Cobb incarnate :lol:

reality is neither of Lazard or Amari has shown the ability of either predecessor, and doing well in shorts isn't the same as doing well in pads, the receiver group has a lot to prove.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2022 08:26
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

what do you mean? Lazard has been impersonating Jordy Nelson for 3 years and is about to break out, the rumor is monkey pox :rotf: Amari just needed to drop 16lbs the rumor is he is Cobb incarnate :lol:

reality is neither of Lazard or Amari has shown the ability of either predecessor, and doing well in shorts isn't the same as doing well in pads, the receiver group has a lot to prove.
Huh, I had no idea you two guys don't love our WR's. How come you've never said anything before?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

The comment was it is a very talented group. It is. It is also a very unproven group, so I understand any and all hesitancy. I think it's wait and see if this group has enough. I tend to think it does. It's just going to look a whole lot different than what we are accustomed to.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2022 08:37
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Huh, I had no idea you two guys don't love our WR's. How come you've never said anything before?
Sorry for responding to a post on a packer discussion forum? Lol

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
02 Aug 2022 08:38
The comment was it is a very talented group. It is. It is also a very unproven group, so I understand any and all hesitancy. I think it's wait and see if this group has enough. I tend to think it does. It's just going to look a whole lot different than what we are accustomed to.
everyone that gets to put on a pro jersey is talented, how talented obviously we question, thats why I said they need to prove themselves.

Rodgers and the coaches are pumping up Lazard, so we'll see how that pans out, but I will be pissed if they force feed Lazard at the price of more talented receivers

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2022 08:37
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

We want Justin Jefferson, we want Justin Jefferson, we want Justin Jefferson :rotf:

I was hoping Watson would help me to forget Jefferson, I like Doubs, and Amari had a couple nice plays last year, the jury is out on this group.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2022 08:50
NCF wrote:
everyone that gets to put on a pro jersey is talented, how talented obviously we question, thats why I said they need to prove themselves.

Rodgers and the coaches are pumping up Lazard, so we'll see how that pans out, but I will be pissed if they force feed Lazard at the price of more talented receivers
The Dr. specifically said they were not talented. I agree with you. I don't want to force feed anyone. They don't have that guy. So what? Just run the offense and let the ball go to the open guy.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This is probably the most 'draft heavy' our WRs has ever been. :lol:

Watkins - 1
Watson - 2
Cobb - 2
Amari - 3
Doubbs - 4

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2022 09:01
This is probably the most 'draft heavy' our WR has ever been. :lol:

Watkins - 1
Watson - 2
Cobb - 2
Amari - 3
Doubbs - 4
I like this group more, but I'am happy Gute moved up for Watson, who I think will be Jordy good, and Doubs looks to be good inside or outside, if Watkins can stay healthy we should be fine.

Jennings-2
Jones -3
Nelson-2
Cobb-2
Adams-2

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2022 08:50
NCF wrote:

Lazard won’t be open enough to be force fed

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
02 Aug 2022 08:58
The Dr. specifically said they were not talented. I agree with you. I don't want to force feed anyone. They don't have that guy. So what? Just run the offense and let the ball go to the open guy.
I agree with this... This is the thing I just truly don't get. For the past couple years, Adams has been top3 in targets. For the ten years of Rodgers' career before that, the offense didn't run through one person at the position. For the majority of Super Bowl winners the past decade, the offense hasn't flowed through one receiver at the position.

Not having a guy like Adams isn't the bar for a good receiving corps. You don't need a guy to feed targets to. That's not the only way to offense.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

BF004 wrote:

Watkins - 1
Watson - 2
Cobb - 2
Amari - 3
Doubbs - 4
The Packers were trying to trade back into the first to get Watson. So he is like a first afterall. Watkins was 4th overall - so a very high first rounder.

So, for years the narrative has been that the Packers refused to get WR help for AR. Now we have 2 first rounders so clearly our WR corps is better than last year even with Adams gone. He was only a 2nd rounder, afterall.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

AmishMafia wrote:
02 Aug 2022 12:32
BF004 wrote:

Watkins - 1
Watson - 2
Cobb - 2
Amari - 3
Doubbs - 4
The Packers were trying to trade back into the first to get Watson. So he is like a first afterall. Watkins was 4th overall - so a very high first rounder.

So, for years the narrative has been that the Packers refused to get WR help for AR. Now we have 2 first rounders so clearly our WR corps is better than last year even with Adams gone. He was only a 2nd rounder, afterall.
:toke: :toke: :toke:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Aug 2022 10:11
NCF wrote:
02 Aug 2022 08:58
I agree with this... This is the thing I just truly don't get. For the past couple years, Adams has been top3 in targets. For the ten years of Rodgers' career before that, the offense didn't run through one person at the position. For the majority of Super Bowl winners the past decade, the offense hasn't flowed through one receiver at the position.

Not having a guy like Adams isn't the bar for a good receiving corps. You don't need a guy to feed targets to. That's not the only way to offense.
It's what I've been saying, for most of Rodgers career, or till about 2016 Rodgers spread the ball around, mostly because he could depend on his receivers to be where they where suppose to be, the tunnel vision with Adams imo is a result of having to many raw receivers that rarely where at the pitch point, or at route check points when Rodgers would read through his route progressions, sure we'd see wide open receivers at times, but Rodgers can't see the whole 60 yrd wide field at once, I refuse to believe this has been a problem with Rodgers as much as it has been receivers.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2022 13:30
It's what I've been saying, for most of Rodgers career, or till about 2016 Rodgers spread the ball around, mostly because he could depend on his receivers to be where they where suppose to be, the tunnel vision with Adams imo is a result of having to many raw receivers that rarely where at the pitch point, or at route check points when Rodgers would read through his route progressions, sure we'd see wide open receivers at times, but Rodgers can't see the whole 60 yrd wide field at once, I refuse to believe this has been a problem with Rodgers as much as it has been receivers.
I have always believed, and continue to believe, that tunnel vision toward Adams is something Rodgers did because he can, not because he has to. The guy was the best in the league at getting open and the QB-WR connection between the two of them was at the highest mental level imaginable, so they could do some pitch and catch. Why not take the easier road if it's sitting right there for you.

When Adams was out, the team generally affirmed that point. The other players can run their routes and get open. The scheme works with a balanced, varied approach. Rodgers can still see the field and make smart reads.

The offense will certainly look different. The first read on each play will be far more varied, playcall, and alignment-specific. But the fact that Rodgers zeroed in on Adams was a product of how good Adams was and how close the two players became more than it was a product of anything else. Not to say any of the other wideouts were/are elite players waiting undiscovered or under-utilized, just that they can all play their roles just fine; we just asked more of the elite WR and less of them.