Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Aug 2022 10:41
I’m surprised Kevin king isn’t at camp somewhere. Maybe not someone you want as a starter, but pretty good depth piece.
I am too. He has a role as a 3rd or 4th CB who can play both the slot and outside...as long as they aren't speedy WR's.

I'm happy with our CB room so I don't want him, but I am sure other teams have a need in that range of their depth chart.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Aug 2022 11:09
Drj820 wrote:
I’m surprised Kevin king isn’t at camp somewhere. Maybe not someone you want as a starter, but pretty good depth piece.
I am too. He has a role as a 3rd or 4th CB who can play both the slot and outside...as long as they aren't speedy WR's.

I'm happy with our CB room so I don't want him, but I am sure other teams have a need in that range of their depth chart.
I’d take him as depth on vet minimum, but yea I would have thought he could get more playing time elsewhere based on need
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Aug 2022 11:12
go pak go wrote:
03 Aug 2022 11:09
Drj820 wrote:

I’d take him as depth on vet minimum, but yea I would have thought he could get more playing time elsewhere based on need
I hate him for us because of the following:

1. He is always hurt
2. He isn't a prime ST's candidate
3. I love our CB much more than I expected.

I didn't like Jean-Charles but it sounds like he has taken a step. Rico Gafford is absolutely surprising and has crazy speed. Likely our returner and gunner. We also have Nixon who I still expect to be that 4th CB on the roster and also is a great STeamer.

I don't see a spot for King on this roster. I had that 4th to 6th CB on the roster as a weakness but I don't know if it will anymore.

We just have such a good mix of slot and outside guys on the roster. My only other real area of concern for depth on the defense is Safety 3. I'm excited to watch Shawn Davis in PS.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

King can't really play at this point; he didn't look like he can run sub-4.7 last year. Back-of-roster CBs should at least have either special teams value or at least upside to develop into a future quality player.

King doesn't play ST, he frankly would probably suck if you made him do it (can't run and never was a reliable tackler), and he certainly doesn't have upside. I wouldn't even say his experience is an asset because it doesn't translate into veteran savvy on-field.

At best, an emergency in-season signing. I wouldn't bother right now.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
03 Aug 2022 05:47
Raptorman wrote:
02 Aug 2022 18:30
Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2022 13:46

The lawsuits say that Watson sexually harassed and assaulted a number of massage therapists. The specific accusations are wide-ranging but include descriptions of him exposing himself without consent, forcing women into sexual acts and making veiled threats.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/26/desha ... ts-summary

I admit to expounding concerning veiled threats :lol: but why would he pay off all these woman if he didn't make threats, the reason he's only getting a 6 game suspension is because he silenced the woman. :idn:
Yeah, No. You really should read the judge's reasoning before making off-the-wall comments like this.
get serious, the judge was restricted because of lack of testimony, even so she admits to believing the people that investigated and even explains in detail the accusations against Watson likely happened, however without the woman actually testifying it amounts to a back and forth argument, legally she couldn't do more.

I new all this without reading everything on her ruling, so did you, why do you continue to act so dumbfounded, why is it that everything has to be spelled out black and white for you, or it can't possibly be true, you always take the side of the villain, just because according to our law a person is innocent till PROVEN guilty doesn't mean they didn't do the crime, just means they figured out a way to block the truth from being PROVEN. and that seems obvious in this case.

maybe you should go read her transcript, Watson sought out therapist he could pull this crap with, and here you are defending it, figures.
Maybe because I still believe that people are innocent until proven guilty in court. Something so many Americans have abandoned over the last few years.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

League appealing the Watson ruling. Supposedly NFL wants a full year. Sounds like Goodell gets to pick who hears the appeal.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Labrev wrote:
03 Aug 2022 11:40
King can't really play at this point; he didn't look like he can run sub-4.7 last year. Back-of-roster CBs should at least have either special teams value or at least upside to develop into a future quality player.

King doesn't play ST, he frankly would probably suck if you made him do it (can't run and never was a reliable tackler), and he certainly doesn't have upside. I wouldn't even say his experience is an asset because it doesn't translate into veteran savvy on-field.

At best, an emergency in-season signing. I wouldn't bother right now.
Yeah, the bottom of roster secondary spots will be going to Bisaccia's guys. I like CBs and safeties as gunners, since they have more experience tackling than WRs.

King hit his ceiling, and it was low enough that we should seek better.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

People are legally innocent until proven guilty. They cannot be sent to jail or detained by their government unless proven guilty.

Legally not guilty, however, has no impact on reality. Whether you are guilty or not guilty in court does not change the underlying truth of whether a crime did or did not occur. Or whether or not immoral or exploitative action occurred.

So you can stick to “innocent until proven guilty” for criminal punishment, but it doesn’t prevent you at all from making your own judgments based on your own observations and the evidence. Private entities can have different standards of proof or codes of conduct than legal ones. Individuals are free to pass judgment regardless of legal outcomes.

These are totally separate concepts. Legal and moral and truthful and ethical innocence are different, and treating them differently is thus perfectly acceptable

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 Aug 2022 16:03
League appealing the Watson ruling. Supposedly NFL wants a full year. Sounds like Goodell gets to pick who hears the appeal.
So, first the NFL and NFLPA jointly agree upon a disciple officer.... But if the ruling doesn't please the NFL, they can just appeal and name their own judge or just have Goodell decide on his own.
I mean, what a funky system. :toke:

What was the point of wasting time of the discipline officer, anyways? :messedup:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Aug 2022 15:19
Yoop wrote:
03 Aug 2022 05:47
Raptorman wrote:
02 Aug 2022 18:30

Yeah, No. You really should read the judge's reasoning before making off-the-wall comments like this.
get serious, the judge was restricted because of lack of testimony, even so she admits to believing the people that investigated and even explains in detail the accusations against Watson likely happened, however without the woman actually testifying it amounts to a back and forth argument, legally she couldn't do more.

I new all this without reading everything on her ruling, so did you, why do you continue to act so dumbfounded, why is it that everything has to be spelled out black and white for you, or it can't possibly be true, you always take the side of the villain, just because according to our law a person is innocent till PROVEN guilty doesn't mean they didn't do the crime, just means they figured out a way to block the truth from being PROVEN. and that seems obvious in this case.

maybe you should go read her transcript, Watson sought out therapist he could pull this crap with, and here you are defending it, figures.
Maybe because I still believe that people are innocent until proven guilty in court. Something so many Americans have abandoned over the last few years.
I refer you to Yoho's well versed comment above.
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Aug 2022 16:34, edited 2 times in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
03 Aug 2022 16:14
wallyuwl wrote:
So, first the NFL and NFLPA jointly agree upon a disciple officer.... But if the ruling doesn't please the NFL, they can just appeal and name their own judge or just have Goodell decide on his own.

What was the point of wasting time of the discipline officer, anyways? :messedup:
the NFL is screwed up, the reason is Goodell doesn't want to be the bad guy and responsible for the angst he'll get from the Browns if he punishes Watson correctly.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

salmar80 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

From NFLN, the policy is that the facts cannot be appealed, only the punishment. And both the league and NFLPA can appeal if they don't like the punishment recommendation. The NFL is actually in a stronger position now, since facts-wise the hearing officer affirmed Watson violated policy on all three charges the league brought.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Aug 2022 16:07
People are legally innocent until proven guilty. They cannot be sent to jail or detained by their government unless proven guilty.

Legally not guilty, however, has no impact on reality. Whether you are guilty or not guilty in court does not change the underlying truth of whether a crime did or did not occur. Or whether or not immoral or exploitative action occurred.

So you can stick to “innocent until proven guilty” for criminal punishment, but it doesn’t prevent you at all from making your own judgments based on your own observations and the evidence. Private entities can have different standards of proof or codes of conduct than legal ones. Individuals are free to pass judgment regardless of legal outcomes.

These are totally separate concepts. Legal and moral and truthful and ethical innocence are different, and treating them differently is thus perfectly acceptable
Right, because we are all morally superior than those we judge. Right? But you are correct. People are free to make judgments about others. Just don't be surprised when others do it to you.

It would be interesting to know how many here have been falsely accused of something by a woman, other than me. Because when it happens to you, you have a tendency to look at things a little differently.

But go ahead and keep judging, just be careful on those pedestals you put yourselves on.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 Aug 2022 17:17
salmar80 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

From NFLN, the policy is that the facts cannot be appealed, only the punishment. And both the league and NFLPA can appeal if they don't like the punishment recommendation. The NFL is actually in a stronger position now, since facts-wise the hearing officer affirmed Watson violated policy on all three charges the league brought.
The lack of punishment for two owners is going to come back and bite them during the next collective bargaining session.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Aug 2022 18:59
wallyuwl wrote:
03 Aug 2022 17:17
salmar80 wrote:

The lack of punishment for two owners is going to come back and bite them during the next collective bargaining session.
Doubt it. The union sucks anyways. Imagine agreeing to a neutral arbitrator and then agreeing that all appeals go to Goodell lol. Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. There are so many bottom tier players in the nfl, the league Can Just throw the some crumbs out to them and secure their votes and whip the rest of the players in negotiations every time
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Aug 2022 18:57
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Aug 2022 16:07

Right, because we are all morally superior than those we judge. Right? But you are correct. People are free to make judgments about others. Just don't be surprised when others do it to you.

It would be interesting to know how many here have been falsely accused of something by a woman,
other than me. Because when it happens to you, you have a tendency to look at things a little differently.

But go ahead and keep judging, just be careful on those pedestals you put yourselves on.
I'd hazard to guess that most men have been subjected to a falsehood or two perpetrated by a woman, scorned or not, and that should make everyone at least a bit skeptical when a professional athlete is accused of sexual improprieties.

I'd also hazard to guess that very few men have been subjected to 30 different women (I believe that is the total thus far) accusing them of the type of criminal misconduct that Watson has been accused of and that number of accusers should make any thinking person conclude there is merit to them. (I JUDGE Watson's faux, eleventh-hour statements of contrition to be nothing more than agent-directed so he can get his $, but they also buttress the underlying allegations against him).

YoHo is correct, EMPLOYERS are not required to wait until a conviction has (or convictions have) been handed down in a court of law to take appropriate corrective action against employees who violate their personal conduct policies as Watson did here.

Watson is quite fortunate he has the athletic talent that allows a PIECE OF &%$@ like him to escape what would befall virtually everyone else in his situation.

Oh, and I'll keep judging based upon the evidence presented because that is what every rational human actor does in every facet of his (or her) life.

But hey, if you want to fight for poor Deshaun Watson that is certainly your right, just don't be surprised when others judge you for standing up for such a lowlife.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

It would be interesting to know how many here have been falsely accused of something by a woman
Well...I'm at 0 so...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm genuinely proud of Kirk Cousins for making it over .500 in this. What a comeback story for him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Vikings send off of Anthony Barr and this is the first "highlight" they show:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."