Training Camp 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Aug 2022 05:49
Also notice I said “evidence starts indicating”

I’m not ready to believe it until I see some preseason football. I’m not pessimistic on Love necessarily. I’m just not optimistic anymore without seeing it for myself. It’s put up or shut up time on this one
my point was that Love needed what Clements would provide more then Rodgers would, thats all.

but thanks for the accolade :aok:

I also don't think Love has been much different then most drafted QB's, if we had to rush him into service the last 2 years he would have struggled just as most other QB's do, I think we share the opinion that grooming young QB's for several seasons helps more then hinders, and that it's difficult to know just how good a QB can be till the speed of the pro game is adapted to, and that takes time.

I didn't like the pick, but it hadn't very little to do with who we picked, I'am glad we've had time to develop him, bet Love is too.
Last edited by Yoop on 04 Aug 2022 08:07, edited 1 time in total.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Aug 2022 20:42
Popcorn boy is excited.

Love's measurable have never been an issue. See the field.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

flapackfan wrote:
04 Aug 2022 06:19
Comparing the careers of AR/Love, this is the year that Love should come off the pines in the second half of a Sunday night game and look good in a road loss. Never mind the Covid rookie throw away year of nearly no 1 on 1 coaching and very few practice reps! Thankfully AR has been more supportive of Love than he was supported by his predecessor. I guess there's a code among Cabana Boys! :rotf:
Rodgers is the greatest qb of all time. The problem is comparing.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Aug 2022 05:47
I love that @Yoop spent all spring talking about how Clements will have a positive impact on Love and when evidence starts indicating that he’s right, he slightly disagrees and downplays Clements’ impact.

Yoop, you called this one! Spike the football!!
I will come in and take my spike. While some were arguing Clements was hired for Love and others said no way, it was Rodgers. I asked (and a lot) why can't it be both?

No doubt what we are witnessing is Love benefitting from a hire that was undeniably orchestrated by Aaron Rodgers. What I found totally fascinating was listening to Love talk about Clements in his presser the other day. He used the phrase, "It's more ball in the QB room this year." That just struck me as a pretty significant choice of words.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
04 Aug 2022 08:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
Popcorn boy is excited.

Read post wrong.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 04 Aug 2022 09:50, edited 2 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 08:49
bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Popcorn boy is excited.

What exactly about Love's measurable a have been an issue?
Bud just said measurables where NOT a issue, why ask him to invent issues? :idn:

seeing the field, reading a defense where issues.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
04 Aug 2022 08:26
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Aug 2022 05:47
I love that @Yoop spent all spring talking about how Clements will have a positive impact on Love and when evidence starts indicating that he’s right, he slightly disagrees and downplays Clements’ impact.

Yoop, you called this one! Spike the football!!
I will come in and take my spike. While some were arguing Clements was hired for Love and others said no way, it was Rodgers. I asked (and a lot) why can't it be both?

No doubt what we are witnessing is Love benefitting from a hire that was undeniably orchestrated by Aaron Rodgers. What I found totally fascinating was listening to Love talk about Clements in his presser the other day. He used the phrase, "It's more ball in the QB room this year." That just struck me as a pretty significant choice of words.

I remember u saying that, it was down played because for the last 2 years Rodgers has been considered issue less, and the most important player in the league, so you only get to spike one football :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Really excited to start seeing some good days from Love because honestly, outside of the Buffalo game, we hadn't seen any good days from Love.

This is a really big year because the Packers have a big decision to make next April/May on a 5th year option.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Aug 2022 09:10
Really excited to start seeing some good days from Love because honestly, outside of the Buffalo game, we hadn't seen any good days from Love.

This is a really big year because the Packers have a big decision to make next April/May on a 5th year option.
I think Love will show that he's worth it, he may never be as good as Favre or Rodgers, but people shouldn't expect that, very few have been, as long as he doesn't lose games with bone headed mistakes he should be good enough, strong arm, accurate, smart, get the head right and he's good to go

till Vince arrived most considered Bart Starr a wasted draft pick, same with Brett Favre according to that coach from Atlanta, basically same thing the first couple seasons when Rodgers backed up Favre, Cripes even Teddy T had some doubt and used a 2nd rounder on Brohm and a late one on another, the speed of the pro game is what ruins most you QB's, the ones allowed to sit for a year or two behind a seasoned starter imo have a much better chance at success.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 04 Aug 2022 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Aug 2022 05:49
I’m not ready to believe it until I see some preseason football. I’m not pessimistic on Love necessarily. I’m just not optimistic anymore without seeing it for myself. It’s put up or shut up time on this one
I tend to agree (I was careful to say "might have" changed his career trajectory, not that he did).

But his good/improved play has been confirmed by all accounts, and this is the first we have seen or heard of him string them together (usually it's a good day followed by a bad one, no real consistency).

I was definitely pessimistic, see some of my posts about him in Rank the Roster, but there is now some concrete basis for optimism; I hope like hell he carries that into live action.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't know if anyone pick up on it, but Aaron Rodgers gave Rasul Douglass a HUGE compliment saying Rasul Douglass reminds him of Charles Woodson with his intelligence, competitive nature and physical ability.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Ringo is at training camp. Perfect day so far.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 Aug 2022 10:26
I couldn’t make it today, sorry 😢

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 10:29
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 Aug 2022 10:26
I couldn’t make it today, sorry 😢
Ok. Go Packers

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 04 Aug 2022 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The best tradition in professional sports!

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Popcorn boy is excited.

I'm in!!!

What do you think we can get for Rodgers in a trade? He should be riding the pine by week 3 anyway.

Love to doubs! Move over Montana/rice.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Remember a point I made in the RtR, by Rodgers' last year on the bench, he had that team running like a well oiled machine in practice and was Favre/McCarthy's advance scout of opponents. He played a hugely valuable role that rookies and scrubs off the street just aren't going to give. I get that some didn't want to believe we'd even get that, but I think we're seeing it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »