Round 2 Pick 50 Jayden Reed

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Bogey wrote:
04 May 2023 16:54
Labrev wrote:
04 May 2023 16:46
It's been a while since I have gone to Packers 'camp; I gotta make the trip this year as well.
I'm right here every day during training camp, where the players cross Oneida Street.
IMG_7248.jpg
So you are the one responsible for the traffic backups! :swear:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Bogey wrote:
Labrev wrote:
It's been a while since I have gone to Packers 'camp; I gotta make the trip this year as well.
I'm right here every day during training camp, where the players cross Oneida Street.
IMG_7248.jpg
Looking good out there :aok:

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Jayden is similar to Jahan Dotson. It’ll be interesting to see who has a better career.
Love is the answer…

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Speak up if you coming to TC.

I’d meet up during and get some wings and a cold beverage or three after.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
04 May 2023 19:06
Captain_Ben wrote:
04 May 2023 16:05
Yoop wrote:
04 May 2023 07:41

which Cobb, the one who played banged up and struggled to separate, or the 2014 Cobb who separated to the tune of a 1300 yrd receiving season, Cobbs problem was he was always nursing injury, at 100% Cobb could separate in a phone booth, I'am guessing those that like Reed see some of the 2014 Cobb in him. :mrgreen:
Cobb could separate in the slot because it's easier for anyone to separate in the slot. He couldn't separate consistently on the boundary, even when he was healthy.
not sure why you would think that, slot is a high traffic area, often the slot receiver is double bracketed for the first 10 yrds on every route he runs, and Cobb was a seam buster, there was a graph with every route Cobb ran in that 1300 yrd seasons and % of routes run in each, and there where plenty in every route in our schemes.

the only thing that held Cobbs stats down is his health and his coach.
You make some good points. But the truth is that it is more difficult for a receiver to get separation when he lines up on the boundary. There is less room between him and the sideline and thus less room for him to work with. It’s one reason why the spot for a long time was commonly reserved for rookies/younger players. Cobb’s strongest asset IMO was his intelligence. He didn’t excel at any of the measureables in a remarkable way IIRC but he knew where to be and when to be there. I still think it was a pretty bad mistake to pay him $9 mill per year at the time though.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

wallyuwl wrote:
04 May 2023 19:08
Bogey wrote:
Labrev wrote:
IMG_7248.jpg
So you are the one responsible for the traffic backups! :swear:
I am indeed the guilty party. 😀
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff