Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 May 2023 22:19
YoHoChecko wrote:
31 May 2023 22:13
Maybe he means what made cutler special to the packers and predicting fewer easy interceptions.
He was special in that regard, no doubt! 3-13 against the Packers is special.
This ought to put a smile on everybody's face:

I don't think that Love is all that similar to any well known QB. He is athletic and has a good arm. But he is not a freak in any attribute. If he becomes special, it will be as a leader or for efficiency in winning games.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:He looks like Cutler to me minus what made Cutler special.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 May 2023 22:13
Maybe he means what made cutler special to the packers and predicting fewer easy interceptions.

I struggle to take the chiefs game as gospel for how he’ll play even as I see Lupe‘a concerns from that game.

Is that innate? Or does the fact that the KC game was literally only half way between getting drafted and starting this season. He’s worked as much since then as he had before then. Plus Clements got involved.
I didnt mean Cutler was some elite QB but he was a mid tier starting QB for a while. He had one special, elite trait which was elite arm strength. He just never figured out touch or reading defenses and when things got tough around him he just tried to zing it through coverages.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Interesting two videos of Kurt Warner breaking down Love.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/0 ... rdan-love/

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
11 Jun 2023 12:14

One thing I remember from watching his college film after drafted was how flat his deep throws were. Hasn't improved.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Jun 2023 02:11
kampmanfan4life wrote:

One thing I remember from watching his college film after drafted was how flat his deep throws were. Hasn't improved.
why would you consider flat deep throws a problem? that is exactly what I'd want my QB to be able to do, high floaters are pick off balls.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jun 2023 07:56
wallyuwl wrote:
kampmanfan4life wrote:

why would you consider flat deep throws a problem? that is exactly what I'd want my QB to be able to do, high floaters are pick off balls.
Need to have the ability to do both depending on coverage. A little loft decreases the need to be as precise with location.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Jun 2023 09:37
Yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Need to have the ability to do both depending on coverage. A little loft decreases the need to be as precise with location.
Very good point. But I would also suspect it is easier to transition to a "loftier" deep ball than a "flatter/dime" deep ball this stage in development. As you stated, the lofty ball is easier to adjust to and has a higher catch rate (for both sides of the ball). So I would think most college QBs would prefer the loftier ball because it's easier on the receiver and easier on the QB to make a completion. It's the dime balls that are likely more challenging to pin down.

I would suspect this early in the game throwing too flat consistently is correctable.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
Yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Aaron Rodgers claim to fame rest on driving the ball deep beating double coverage, same to a lesser extent with Favre, I'am hoping Love has that same type ability.

on a 30 to 40 yrd pass I want that ball to be on a rope, a lofted ball gives just as much opportunity to the defender to come down with the ball.

over that 40 yrds of course there should be some loft on the ball, but again I care more about accuracy then floaters, LOve had a couple long passes I thought looked pretty good.

on long passes the elements come more into it, a floated pass, or higher trajectory pass is more susceptible to wind, another reason I prefer a more driven pass.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jun 2023 10:58
wallyuwl wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Aaron Rodgers claim to fame rest on driving the ball deep beating double coverage, same to a lesser extent with Favre, I'am hoping Love has that same type ability.

on a 30 to 40 yrd pass I want that ball to be on a rope, a lofted ball gives just as much opportunity to the defender to come down with the ball.

over that 40 yrds of course there should be some loft on the ball, but again I care more about accuracy then floaters, LOve had a couple long passes I thought looked pretty good.

on long passes the elements come more into it, a floated pass, or higher trajectory pass is more susceptible to wind, another reason I prefer a more driven pass.
I haven’t seen rodgers throw into double coverage to anyone not named Devante in decades
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Jun 2023 11:01
Yoop wrote:
12 Jun 2023 10:58
wallyuwl wrote:

I haven’t seen rodgers throw into double coverage to anyone not named Devante in decades
well obviously ya need to trust the receivers, but he does it and you just fail to notice, he did it more then just a couple times with both Doubs and Watson last year, did it with Jordy.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Makes sense to me.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
12 Jun 2023 11:49
Makes sense to me.

Notice where Rodgers is? Hahahaha
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

In 15 years, I’m hoping Jordan Love will be traded to the New York Jets for 2 first round picks.
Love is the answer…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Foosball wrote:
13 Jun 2023 17:43
In 15 years, I’m hoping Jordan Love will be traded to the New York Jets for 2 first round picks.
And fans here complaining that BG should have done more to bring in better talent for more rings. Love with 4 Lombardi's out of 15 years just wasn't enough. :lombardi:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

this is what matters to me concerning QB's.
Love should hope to even sniff these career ratings

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm

this epa chart explains more then anything the lack of receiver talent the last 6 or 7 years :thwap:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2023 10:45

this epa chart explains more then anything the lack of receiver talent the last 6 or 7 years :thwap:
Edit: NVM, that argument shouldn't happen in this thread or anywhere really.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Jun 2023 11:42
Yoop wrote:

I don't know what NVM means, nor do I care, I imagine homers like you can't stand to deal with reality.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2023 18:34
Acrobat wrote:
14 Jun 2023 11:42
Yoop wrote:

I don't know what NVM means, nor do I care, I imagine homers like you can't stand to deal with reality.
There's no need to personally insult me. I responded to your comment about receiver talent and realized it would better to not comment.

NVM means never mind.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Sorry Acrobat, but I would love to hear how the chart explains the lack of WR talent over the last 6-7 years (which would amount to about half of Rodgers's career).

**edit** oh he was referring to Grace's tweet, not the link he brought. Well, our lack of talent last year didn't seem to hurt Love, so....
Last edited by Labrev on 15 Jun 2023 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto